Segmentation fault (core dumped)

MrFauxhawk

MrFauxhawk

I have been running embyserver using docker compose on a headless ubuntu server for months now with no issues but suddenly i cannot access my server locally or remotely.  I think that the server is throwing an error when it is created by the docker container.

I use ouroboros to update my docker containers automatically, and i use portainer to give me a web browser access to my containers.

Attached is my docker compose file and the log file that portainer provides.

Hope someone can see whats happening here.

Thanks

docker-compose.txt _emby_logs.txt

Q-Droid

The environment section for the official Emby compose differs from yours, UID/GID instead of PUID/PGID. Trying to start the container with the wrong runtime UID could cause these problems.

environment:
      - UID=1000 # The UID to run emby as (default: 2)
      - GID=100 # The GID to run emby as (default 2)
      - GIDLIST=100 # A comma-separated list of additional GIDs to run emby as (default: 2)

https://hub.docker.com/r/emby/embyserver

MrFauxhawk

Changing this has not fixed the issue... Besides it was working fine with the settings from before and suddenly it has stopped working.  only thing that has happened is the latest build was grabbed.

sfxdana

Same issue after upgrading to 4.6.3, although not docker but Ubuntu 20.04

/opt/emby-server/system/EmbyServer
Unhandled exception. System.DllNotFoundException: Unable to load shared library 'sqlite3' or one of its dependencies. In order to help diagnose loading problems, consider setting the LD_DEBUG environment variable: libsqlite3: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
   at SQLitePCLEx.SQLite3Provider_sqlite3.NativeMethods.sqlite3_libversion_number()
   at SQLitePCLEx.SQLite3Provider_sqlite3.SQLitePCLEx.ISQLite3Provider.sqlite3_libversion_number()
   at SQLitePCLEx.raw.SetProvider(ISQLite3Provider imp)
   at EmbyServer.Program.Main(String[] args)
Aborted (core dumped)

Downgraded to 4.6.1 same problem, upgraded to beta 4.7.0 same issue.

Edited by sfxdana

Q-Droid
8 hours ago, MrFauxhawk said:

Changing this has not fixed the issue... Besides it was working fine with the settings from before and suddenly it has stopped working.  only thing that has happened is the latest build was grabbed.

Can you post the emby server log?

MrFauxhawk

I am not 100% sure where to find the emby logs at the moment, and don't quite have the time to look. 

What I can say is i forced docker to pull the emby server 4.7.0.3 edition of the emby server instead of using the latest tag, and its back up and running again.  If someone wants to look at my logs, please let me know what I need to do to find and obtain them.

sfxdana

Would love to show you the EMBY logs, but it's not starting so no logs are created. Last entry is from the time it worked.

sfxdana

Ok somehow fixed it by doing a "sudo apt purge emby-server" (Made a backup of /var/lib/emby)
Reinstalled emby-server 4.7.0.3 BETA, replaced /var/lib/emby with backed-up data, when emby was not running. Started it up after, and no more core dump.

Shouldn't need to do that.

Was running 4.6.1, upgrade to 4.6.3 broke it, downgrade to 4.6.1 didn't fix it. Upgrade to 4.7.0.3 didn't fix it either. Complete purge fixed it.

Edited by sfxdana

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, sfxdana said:

Upgraded to 4.7.0.6 beta, same issue. Purge packages reinstall and restore /var/lib/emby fixed it.

That's interesting, thanks for the info.