Play from Stream instead of SMB option missing?

somy

Hi, 

Is it still possible to configure "Play from Stream instead of SMB"? It seems that the configuration items are re-organized and I couldn't find this option to configure "Play from Stream instead of SMB" anymore.

I need it because otherwise I don't get menu for Bluray ISOs. Thank you in advance!

xnappo

Hi somy,

It should be automatically detecting that it can play from SMB - so sounds like something is wrong.  Can you please turn logging to level '1' in the 'Advanced' settings and post a log?

xnappo

Hi somy,

It should be automatically detecting that it can play from SMB - so sounds like something is wrong.  Can you please turn logging to level '1' in the 'Advanced' settings and post a log?

xnappo

Hi Xnappo, thanks for your help! Please see the attached log file.

xbmc.zip

xnappo

Ok - so you are saying that when it streamed, it worked the way you want, but now you can't force it to stream any more?

I looked and it is playing from SMB - but you are right - if you want it the other way 'round we have removed that option.

Maybe we can get the XBMC interface to show the menu correctly when playing through SMB.  I didn't even know XBMC had BluRay menus.

xnappo

Ok - so you are saying that when it streamed, it worked the way you want, but now you can't force it to stream any more?

I looked and it is playing from SMB - but you are right - if you want it the other way 'round we have removed that option.

Maybe we can get the XBMC interface to show the menu correctly when playing through SMB.  I didn't even know XBMC had BluRay menus.

xnappo

Hi xnappo,

The previous version of XBMB3C worked fine with blu-ray menu, and I remember that I had to use the stream mode to get the menu.

I don't understand why SMB share doesn't work, in my understand SMB share should work better than streaming.

Anyways, XBMC can detect BD iso/BDMV and ask if I want to play the main content or show bluray menu. It is nice to get this feature back :)

xnappo

That is really surprising that playing from stream shows the menu.  I can't find anything in the Python AVI to handle this - so may have to just add this back in.

Will look a bit more when I get home..

xnappo

That is really surprising that playing from stream shows the menu.  I can't find anything in the Python AVI to handle this - so may have to just add this back in.

Will look a bit more when I get home..

xnappo

Hi, thanks! Please let me know when you've done the change, and I'll test and let you know :-)

xnappo

I added this to the Git - new setting in 'Network' - 'Play from HTTP instead of SMB'.  

Can you test from there?

@@im85288 - this should not interfere with transcoding - I implemented it on the 'SMB' side of the logic.

xnappo

• Like 1

I added this to the Git - new setting in 'Network' - 'Play from HTTP instead of SMB'.  

Can you test from there?

@@im85288 - this should not interfere with transcoding - I implemented it on the 'SMB' side of the logic.

xnappo

OK, if you can let me know how to install it from Git? Thanks!

Download the zip file from here:

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/MediaBrowser.XBMC/archive/master.zip

Unzip somewhere, then copy/replace all the files in addons/plugin.video.xbmb3c

Thanks,

xnappo

Thank you for the change! Just did some tests, the HTTP steam doesn't solve the issue, it doesn't even play the bluray iso video.

Do you know where I can download an older version?

Here is the version before the change:

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/MediaBrowser.XBMC/archive/068c8c8d55a33e7f699505e8f1d41c52ed86c7c7.zip

I was surprised 'Play from Stream' would work at all with a BluRay ISO - so maybe there is something else going on. 

Try that version and let us know.

xnappo

I can report back that it is the same as in the old version. Something in my setup must be changed, now I suspect the way how Windows server 2012 R2 essential share the files, in XBMC I cannot see the server under SMB (server 2012 drops the workgroup idea).

Thank you very much for your help Xnappo! Maybe some one else can confirm if the new version in SMB mode shows the Bluray iso menu?