Is channel Mapping broken?

musictalks

musictalks

Vers. 4.6.2.0 Emby MacOS 10.15.7 (Apple macmini late 2012)

Hi Emby Brains. I have a problem with channel mapping.

One channel guide is missing. When I select "Live TV/TV Guide Data Providers/Map Channels" the popup window displays  a blank screen with the heading of "Channels".

I have deleted my two devices (a pair of HDHomerun) and the guide provider (IceTV) and reinstalled. All other channels display correctly except channel 22 (ABC Kids/TV Plus 22).

The tuners are set for Favorites as per help files and can display correctly.

When I update the guide the bar doesn't seem to complete.

Now I have lost all previous guide data. The channels appear correct, but the channel logos and guide data are missing.

(logfile attached)

Cheers

David

embyserver-63759429110.txt

Hi David.

What country are you in?

Was your original problem lack of guide data for channel 22 in your lineup?

musictalks

Hi Cayars. Australia. And yes, the original problem was the lack of guide data for one channel (22) but know I only have four channels of data including station logos (20, 23, 24, 31).

I notice in the log files, lots of "Error sending socket message from 127.0.0.1:64983 to 239.255.255.250:1900"

Could this be the problem as the (paid) guide data comes from an api from https://icetv.com.au

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

David

Yes of course if there is a communication issue with the guide provider that could do it for sure.

For a test could you try removing icetv and use one of the entries on the list at https://www.xmltv.net/

If this works then that would seem to confirm maybe icetv was having an issue or there was a network issue between you and them.
You may also be able to get channel 22 from this list while still mapping other channels with icetv once working.

Let us know how this goes as a test.

musictalks

I've fixed it myself.

I believe that the fault was in a (possible) corrupted  download of the latest version (4.6.2.0) of EmbyServer.

After several emails to the guide provider (and looking at the cache files) EmbyServer had the correct guide data but was unable to allocate the channels due to the inability of accessing the Channel Mapping function. 

The solution was to remove/download/reinstall EmbyServer 4.6.2.0

The (new) channel mapping page appeared and then I was able tp map the missing channels to the guide data.

All good now.

Edited by musictalks
Elaborate on the solution with new data from the guide provider.
  • Like 1