Emby 4.6 convert not running

byakuya32
Go to solution Solved by softworkz,

You said:

26 minutes ago, byakuya32 said:

same thing

but to me it looks like that switching to NVDEC (which is the default by the way) has fixed the problem.

Am I right?

What's the current state of changes you made?

We should go back to the state from where the latest log was that you posted: after you changed the decoder from CUVID to NVDEC.

byakuya32

that was with software and durring all the changes I never saw a process for ffmpeg start so I have no idea what settings created the log

I would delete that whole conversion queue and initiate a new (single) conversion. Otherwise we don't have a consistent test subject. 

The log wasn't with software encoding or decoding, it was full hw transcoding:

image.thumb.png.a8e50b4a40c32ef13e3001f217214835.png

You didn't see it, because it was at the bottom of the list as it didn't have much CPU usage.

byakuya32
2 minutes ago, softworkz said:

The log wasn't with software encoding or decoding, it was full hw transcoding:

image.thumb.png.a8e50b4a40c32ef13e3001f217214835.png

You didn't see it, because it was at the bottom of the list as it didn't have much CPU usage.

it doesn't seem to be making a log with software only hardware

1 minute ago, byakuya32 said:

it doesn't seem to be making a log with software only hardware

No, it always creates an ffmpeg log when ffmpeg is run.

byakuya32
Just now, softworkz said:

No, it always creates an ffmpeg log when ffmpeg is run.

yea it should but wouldn't mean that if there is no log something is preventing it from starting in software mode

Just now, byakuya32 said:

yea it should but wouldn't mean that if there is no log something is preventing it from starting in software mode

Anyway, we found out that using NVDEC+NVENC is working. Why aren't you trying this again?

byakuya32
2 minutes ago, softworkz said:

Anyway, we found out that using NVDEC+NVENC is working. Why aren't you trying this again?

I have it on that setting now it creates a log file but the progress bar does not even start

I have it on that setting now it creates a log file but the progress bar does not even start

Let's focus on the log, IIRC, the progress updates have never been working 100% reliably.

Edited by softworkz

byakuya32
Just now, softworkz said:

Let's focus on the log, IIRC, the progress updates have never been working 100% reliable.

True progress bars are never 100% reliable but shouldn't there be a start to the movement to show that something is happening. and how do you tell when it is done with the log?

True progress bars are never 100% reliable but shouldn't there be a start to the movement to show that something is happening. and how do you tell when it is done with the log?

All good questions that I can't answer. I can only help with the transcoding part 🙂 

You can open the log while ffmpeg is still running, to verify that it's not degrading performance anymore, though.

byakuya32
1 minute ago, softworkz said:

All good questions that I can't answer. I can only help with the transcoding part 🙂 

You can open the log while ffmpeg is still running, to verify that it's not degrading performance anymore, though.

image.thumb.png.ecb226b0393a5b98217c3126246f7610.png

image.png

image.png

byakuya32
Just now, byakuya32 said:

image.thumb.png.ecb226b0393a5b98217c3126246f7610.png

image.png

image.png

this bar seems to move with these settings. Something seems to be broken. Maybe a patch is needed.

• Solution

Thanks!

This case is resolved. 

The issue was that you had chosen the non-default CUVID HEVC decoder which is known to have some issues. 
That it can create such huge memory leaks is something that we hadn't seen before, though.

Thanks for your patience and working with us to resolve this.