iPad does now show content

bigorangebox

bigorangebox

I'm new to Emby from Plex. I'm setting this up and Emby Connect seems to work well on iOS phone and Roku. BUT when I log via Emby Connect in on iOS iPad, I cannot see my libraries. The screen keeps going back to "Select Server" title page." AFTER signing in to Emby Connect, I get Select Server page with three options "add server," "sign in with Emby Connect" or "download." I've signed in on iOS phone / Roku using same user name and I can see my libraries with same username. Something is happenin g with the iPad. It does not matter how many times i sign in through Emby Connect, the same screen keeps popping up. Please help!

file.jpeg

Hi there, did you try entering the server information manually by clicking add server?

bigorangebox

that did not work either. Note that the Emby connect works with two other devices Roku and iOS phone. So ipad is only one that does this thing. I've tried adding a couple of other accounts and log-ins to try. They also work on other devices but does same thing with the iPad app. 

bigorangebox

Also Luke, the two other account names that I created using primary accounts work on ROKU and iPhone but do not on ipad. It just says "Sign In Error" as if my password and name are wrong. strangest thing. (i entered password correctly) I can log-on using my primary account name "bigorangebox." but then it just goes to the server select screen attached in my first post. These are tested through Emby Connect. ARE you able to help Luke?

Edited by bigorangebox

pwhodges

Are you connecting via your local network, or remotely?

Have you tried connecting straight to the server without using Connect?

Paul

bigorangebox

hi there - so to make it work, I had to first sign in under Emby Connect... Then add server manually using my IP address and port. I thought Emby Connect (user name and password) would automatically connect me to my library from server and that I did not need to add server using ip and Port address. After I entered my IP then all of the user names worked and I could see my library. 

Does any of this surprise you? Thanks again.

Depends if you are internal or external to the Server and if you have Remote access setup.

But glad you got it working.  Thanks for the update.

On 6/15/2021 at 2:22 PM, bigorangebox said:

hi there - so to make it work, I had to first sign in under Emby Connect... Then add server manually using my IP address and port. I thought Emby Connect (user name and password) would automatically connect me to my library from server and that I did not need to add server using ip and Port address. After I entered my IP then all of the user names worked and I could see my library. 

Does any of this surprise you? Thanks again.

@bigorangebox if the server wasn't already as an option after signing in with Emby Connect, then it sounds like you haven't gone through the initial Emby Connect setup process with your emby server:

https://support.emby.media/support/solutions/articles/44001160340-emby-connect

Or perhaps you did, but then you removed the server from an Emby app, thus also causing it to be removed from your Emby Connect account. In this case you would need to do it again in order for it to show up there.

Please let us know if this helps. Thanks.