Playback Freezes after 30 second on transcodng H264 1080I

mcerss

mcerss

Hey,

Really bugging problem. On Android TV(Sony, Andriod 9.1)  after 30 seconds of playback on a few files it freezes. If you look at the Emby dashboard emby still thinks its playing and is still transcoding.

I have tried the same video on andriod phone/tablet and it plays with no problems.

The video type on question is a H264 1080i.

This only started a few days ago. I have also tried the beta version of Emby Android TV and still the same problem.

Any help or advice would be great :)

ffmpeg-transcode-c252cd19-7801-436e-85e9-cdfbdd20db70_1.txt

mcerss
1 hour ago, ebr said:

Hi. As a test, can you try disabling transcode throttling on the server?

Hey ebr,Yeah i have tried that still the same problem. I have played around and found the follow points cause it.

1. Power on Tv

2. Open Emby on the Android TV

3. Browse to the H264 1080i file

4. Click play. Everything works as normal.

5. Once you pause, stop/resume, fast foward or step back, it will play for about 30 seconds and stop.

I have tried restarting the emby server, clearing cache on the Android TV, uninstall and reinstall emby on andriod tv and i always get the 30 second problem.

The only way to get it to work again is to reboot the Android tv, mark the file as played, then unplayed and start from the begin.

This is only a new problem, i have checked changes on the server/tv and the only thing to have changed is an update to emby server 4.6.2.0.

Also just a note, that when you do step 5, nothing else plays. They all have "too many errors" message 

11 hours ago, mcerss said:

Also just a note, that when you do step 5, nothing else plays. They all have "too many errors" message

Hi.  Can you please cause that to happen and then send a log from the app?

mcerss
vdatanet
15 minutes ago, mcerss said:

Sure. I followed the steps above and all log files attached

Did you send a log from the app? Enable debug options and send the log from user menu. Please indicate time, server name and user name.

Edited by vdatanet

mcerss
51 minutes ago, vdatanet said:

Did you send a log from the app? Enable debug options and send the log from user menu. Please indicate time, server name and user name.

Apologies, will do again and also send for android TV app.

mcerss
2 hours ago, mcerss said:

Apologies, will do again and also send for android TV app.

Hello,

App log just been sent now.

Server name GGGO

admin user admin

Time 3:45am gmt-5

10 hours ago, mcerss said:

Hello,

App log just been sent now.

Server name GGGO

admin user admin

Time 3:45am gmt-5

Hi.  There is no playback in this log. Did you send it right after recreating the problem?

mcerss
4 hours ago, ebr said:

Hi.  There is no playback in this log. Did you send it right after recreating the problem?

Hello,

Yes. I recreated the steps above and sent log maybe 20 seconds after. Would you like me to wait a little longer?

12 hours ago, mcerss said:

I recreated the steps above and sent log maybe 20 seconds after

Exactly which steps?  Including rebooting the device?  You need to send the log right after the problem occurs but before rebooting the device.

mcerss
1 hour ago, ebr said:

Exactly which steps?  Including rebooting the device?  You need to send the log right after the problem occurs but before rebooting the device.

Sorry, my bad. I followed them all. Didn't know it would reset the logs. Will do again without rebooting

mcerss

Ok. I just sent.

But the app crashes and goes black the first time I fast forward and click back. So then I must force stop.

I open again and resume, it restarts the app by its self.

Then I get the to many errors messages. Not sure if the app restarting causes a log reset.

sent from same server and user at 9:11am

Unfortunately, I got a pretty much empty log again.  Can you please try the beta of the app and see if you still have this problem?

mcerss
2 hours ago, ebr said:

Unfortunately, I got a pretty much empty log again.  Can you please try the beta of the app and see if you still have this problem?

Ok, beta version installed and logs sent at 10:18am.

Same thing on the beta version. As soon as you pause of fast forward everything freezes and emby restarts itself.

Unfortunately, got even less info from that.  Exactly what model TV is this?  I've not seen it before.

mcerss
9 hours ago, ebr said:

Unfortunately, got even less info from that.  Exactly what model TV is this?  I've not seen it before.

Hi,

Its a Sony Bravia KD55x7700H.

It's such a annoying problem. I can't watch anything with out the fear of not being able to pause or resume.

I can PM you login details to my server if it helps?

11 hours ago, mcerss said:

I can PM you login details to my server if it helps?

@cayars can see if he can reproduce but, since I suspect this is related to the TV, I'm not too hopeful...

@ebr I don't have a Sony Android TV so I wouldn't be able to test this.

@mcerss If I give you access to my test server would you be able to try playing back some media to see if it happens on my server as well?

mcerss
15 hours ago, cayars said:

@ebr I don't have a Sony Android TV so I wouldn't be able to test this.

@mcerss If I give you access to my test server would you be able to try playing back some media to see if it happens on my server as well?

Hi @cayars sure. Please send over details

mcerss
13 hours ago, cayars said:

Sending you a PM

Thank you. Can you make sure server version is 4.6.3.0 as this is when the problems started 

12 hours ago, mcerss said:

Thank you. Can you make sure server version is 4.6.3.0 as this is when the problems started 

Hi, you mean it stared in 4.6.2 because that was the version you had when you opened this topic. Right?

mcerss
4 hours ago, Luke said:

Hi, you mean it stared in 4.6.2 because that was the version you had when you opened this topic. Right?

Did Emby just update again?

I would have to check the update logs. I played a few file from your server and had no issues.

Will upload some files today and test again.

Check your Dashboard menu which will tell you what version you have loaded.