Emby Server not responsive After update to 4.6.2

embysonytv

embysonytv

Hi, my Emby server has been crashing on my Ubuntu machine since the update to 4.6.2.

It used to crash every few hours, but that time has been decreasing to every few minutes. I have attached the log, but all I see are 500 error responses to the ip that tries to access the server. 

I'm not sure why it is crashing. Have other people experienced the same issue? I will try to downgrade to the previous version. As this one is unusable.

embyserver-log.pdf

XcOM9876

So the IP that is recieving the HTTP error 500 is 99.247.161.146, looks to be an external IP address registered to rogers in Canada, do you know who that belongs to, is it a friend, a mobile device, is your server accessible to the outside world via port forwarding?

Hi, there's no way for me to know who that IP address belongs to. Do you see it in the server dashboard activity section?

embysonytv

Hi, that IP is mine. The port is accessible to the outside world. I access it all the time.

I had my HW acceleration enabled before the upgrade. Once the upgrade happened, it looked like that keeping it enabled was causing the service to hang and become unresponsive. I have to restart the server to get it to stop hanging. But after some time it would get stuck again. Service looked to be running, it was just unresponsive.

Once I downgraded the server to 4.5.4 and disabled hw acceleration. The server has been stable and accessible from everywhere. I will be monitoring this. If it gives more issues, I might have to reinstall Emby Server.

XcOM9876

Double check your using the latest drivers (Or kernel if there is a known bug or patch for your hardware) maybe?

embysonytv

Hi, I checked logs regularly after downgrading to 4.5.4. It was becoming unresponsive again.

It looked like one of the plugins from the catalog was not getting proper responses back for its requests. TheSubDb. After uninstalling that plugin, I have not seen my Emby server failing.

I am now upgrading to 4.6.2 again. I will update here if there are any issues.

Please look into TheSubDb plugin, as it's not working properly. Thank you! 

embysonytv

It's been almost a day since I've upgraded back to 4.6.2 again and there has not been any issues so far. All is well now 😊

Edited by embysonytv
  • Thanks 1

barclaymedeiros2
Did you install the server from the beginning? I'm having the same problem with crashing the server, but I don't use SubDB.

embysonytv

I didnt uninstall and install, I just downgrade/upgrade by unpacking the install file.

What was weird in my situation, was that the service was running but it was just unresponsive. Had to force kill and start it again. Could you check if your service is running?

Also check the logs if there are events still happening while you can't access the server.

10 hours ago, barclaymedeiros2 said:

Did you install the server from the beginning? I'm having the same problem with crashing the server, but I don't use SubDB.

Hi there, please attach the emby server log from when you experienced the problem. thanks.

Happy2Play
Just now, barclaymedeiros2 said:

follow two logs because I don't know which one is correct

embyserver.txt 442.32 kB · 0 downloads

This current log shows you have a locked database so nothing will work correctly.

Please follow the KB steps in the Remove Database Locks section.

https://support.emby.media/support/solutions/articles/44002210894

Not sure on the other log as it has a bunch of RSSDP errors.

2021-06-20 18:12:23.118 Error App: ArgumentException parsing message
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 4.6.3.0
	Command line: /opt/emby-server/system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /var/lib/emby -ffdetect /opt/emby-server/bin/ffdetect -ffmpeg /opt/emby-server/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /opt/emby-server/bin/ffprobe -restartexitcode 3 -updatepackage emby-server-deb_{version}_amd64.deb
	Operating system: Linux version 4.19.0-16-amd64 (debian-kernel@lists.debian.org) (gcc version 8.3.0 (Debian 8.3.0-6)) #1 SMP Debian 4.19.181-1 (2021-03-19)
	Framework: .NET Core 3.1.13
	OS/Process: x64/x64
	Runtime: opt/emby-server/system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
	Processor count: 2
	Data path: /var/lib/emby
	Application path: /opt/emby-server/system
	System.ArgumentException: System.ArgumentException: Status line is invalid. Insufficient status parts. (Parameter 'data')
	   at Rssdp.HttpRequestParser.ParseStatusLine(ReadOnlySpan`1 data, HttpRequestMessage message)
	   at Rssdp.HttpParserBase`1.Parse(T message, HttpHeaders headers, ReadOnlySpan`1 data)
	   at Rssdp.HttpRequestParser.Parse(ReadOnlySpan`1 data)
	   at Rssdp.SsdpCommunicationsServer.ProcessMessage(ReadOnlySpan`1 data, IPEndPoint remoteEndpoint, IPAddress receivedOnLocalIpAddress)
	Source: RSSDP
	TargetSite: Void ParseStatusLine(System.ReadOnlySpan`1[System.Char], System.Net.Http.HttpRequestMessage)