Emby- GPU or Intel Chip

user101xy

user101xy

Hi
I have two PCs and so far everything has been ok. Today I reset both PCs / laptops and the laptops worked wonderfully before with the Emby Theater Desktop App. But after the reset, one laptop plays Emby via the Intel graphic chip and the other laptop via the GeForce GTX 950M. I couldn't find a setting anywhere how to get Emby to use the Intel Graphic Chip.

Anyone have a useful idea?

Hi, is anything not working correctly playback wise with the choices Theater made?

user101xy

Hi @cayars

everything works fine… but i wonder why after the reset of my laptop now Emby uses the GeForce Chip.

How can i make it, that Emby uses the Intel Chip, like the other Laptop? Thanks!!

Not sure, but it may be picking the default video adapter.

If you go into the BIOS of the one notebook are you able to set one adapter as the default?

user101xy

I checked the BIOS settings, but there was no mention of a graphics card. Doesn't this setting exist in Emby?

What are you looking at to determine this?
Can you show each being used?

But again the question, is anything not working correctly?

user101xy

Everything works, it bothers me that the graphics chip is used. I accidentally set an HD channel and saw in the GPU display that electron.exe is accessing the GPU.

Why would you not want Emby to make use of the GPU?

GPU is going to be much more powerful than CPU, runs cooler and uses less power.

user101xy

I am surprised that it runs cooler, when playing games, for example, the cooler runs loudly and the device gets warm. Sure, you're right, but I don't want to wear out the GPU too much.

GPUs take the burden off the CPU.  You are almost always far better seeing a GPU being taxed then the CPU.

user101xy

WOW! Thank you! Good to know! I just only wondered my self, why a Laptop uses the GPU and the other not..... and before the reset, Emby  has used the internal graphic chip.

Edited by user101xy