Live Tv Seeking

Jibest

Jibest

I want to stop my Live Tv channels from using " Direct Play" so I can rewind live tv but I cannot see any "Live Tv" menu within the Samsung app?

It's this not possible in the Samsung app? Version is 1.0.94

Thanks, Jon

• Like 1

SamES
4 hours ago, Jibest said:

I want to stop my Live Tv channels from using " Direct Play" so I can rewind live tv but I cannot see any "Live Tv" menu within the Samsung app?

This is a nice idea and such an option would also be useful to allow seeking and resume points for in-progress recordings / chase-playback.

Edited by SamES

Jibest

Just checked on an LG TV & the feature is missing there also?

Do none of the Smart TV apps have this option?

Jibest
10 minutes ago, SamES said:

Which client have you seen this on?

The Samsung TV app is version 1.0.94

TV model is RU7400

The LG Tv version is 1.0.24

TV model is 43UM7500PLA

Edited by Jibest
Additional detail added

SamES

Which clients have you seen the setting to prevent direct play of live tv channels?

I know the Roku will not allow Direct Play of Live TV even though it would work. Because it would work without exposing transport to the user. If you expect transport you need to repackage into segmented TS with m3u8 using HLS. Basically a remux and copy all streams.

Jibest
4 hours ago, SamES said:

Which clients have you seen the setting to prevent direct play of live tv channels?

The Android TV app and Fire TV app have a "Live Tv" menu under settings where you can toggle the option.

The devices in my case are a Mibox & Firetv Stick

20210613_191709.jpg

SamES
14 minutes ago, Jibest said:

The Android TV app and Fire TV app have a "Live Tv" menu under settings where you can toggle the option.

Thanks.  So the Samsung and LG apps are based on the Theatre Web client, whereas Android, FireTV and Roku are custom clients for those platforms.  That doesn't mean such an option isn't a possibility, it's just a case of whether it is a feature that should be brought across.  Luke would need to decide that.  As I suggested, it would bring some advantages with regards to seeking and resuming Live TV and chase play of in-progress recordings.

Jibest

Thanks SamES, would definitely be a good feature for TV apps.

Having too switch to a different device for Live Tv watching isn't ideal.

• Like 1