Play / pause not working when "casting" to the Roku App

amingle1

amingle1

Thank you for all the work that has gone into Emby.  It's been a great resource for my family.

I am having an issue when "casting" to the Roku app on my Roku TV - the Play / Pause button does not seem to do anything from the source device.  I have tried casting from both the Web App and the Android App with the same result.  I am able to play / pause successfully with the Roku TV remote.  I tried pausing with the TV remote to see if I could resume with the apps, but when I hit pause with the TV remote, the Play menu goes away in the casting source device.

This is happening in both 4.0.28 and 4.0.31.

Thanks for any help!

amingle1

Sure - my apologies.

I'm running 4.6.2.0.

I'm attaching the portion of the log that covers the applicable steps.  See timestamp 2021-06-12 19:28:22.078 - I tried "Play / Pause" 3 times in a row from the Web App (which did not work), and followed it by a Stop command (which did work).

I have debugging ON for the Roku TV, so I'm not sure if there's anything else I can provide that would help there.

Please let me know what else I can send.

Log.txt

amingle1

This may be of absolutely no relevance, but I remember in some work I did developing a Roku TV remote app via their ECP, the Pause command did not seem to do anything, and I believe we had to use Play as the Play/Pause toggle. Something in the back of my mind says that maybe Roku TVs handle that differently than their plug-in units.

Again, I recognize this may not apply, but figured I'd offer it in case.

Fix #1090: [Audio/Video-Players] Proper support for External control API (audio/subtitle/playpause)

Along with play/pause working we will also enable the controls to change audio and subtitle streams via remote control/casting. Remember when we promised those? It is in testing and will be in the next Beta. Please stay tuned. :)

Edited by speechles
  • Like 1

amingle1

Ha well I'm sorry I missed that note! Will definitely keep an eye out for the next beta. Appreciate the quick response.

18 minutes ago, amingle1 said:

Ha well I'm sorry I missed that note! Will definitely keep an eye out for the next beta. Appreciate the quick response.

This is the one.

amingle1

That makes sense now, thanks. Overall I have found their ECP works well, if not a bit inconsistent at times with the documentation. I look forward to seeing the changes - I'm really happy with how well Emby fits into our current setup (I'm moving away from Kodi for various reasons).