How Are You Creating Video Game ROM Metadata?

atomicmoon

atomicmoon

If my understanding is correct, Gamebrowser no longer pulls down any metadata.
My entire collection has scanned into Emby and with the help of Skyscraper I was able to get images for all of my games.
I would like to find a way to scrape for the metadata for descriptions and REALLY hoping this is not something that must be done manually.

Every emulator I use creates a metadata database, but it seems it's one singular database per emulator front-end so I can't add them to the individual game folders.
I promise once I can create the metadata to keep it with the game folders forever, but getting that first step started has proven fruitless in my searches.

atomicmoon
9 hours ago, Luke said:

Hi, yes there's currently no internet metadata so it's a manual process.

Not what I wanted to hear, but it is what I was under the impression of.

Thanks for confirming!

• Thanks 1

• 1 year later...
Happy2Play
2 hours ago, DavidLee23 said:

Do I still have to do it manually?

From my understanding yes as there is no provider.

Cheesegeezer

The only way woukd be to scrape info which doesn’t comply with Emby’s Terms of service or T&C’s. So unless there is a dev that is willing to scrape and host that info and then create a plugin that you would more than likely have to pay for and hosted externally. I think you’re out of luck bud.

However, this was a plugin (i think originally created by Redshirt.. Mark) that was a passion for him and really hasn’t been updated. ROM’s would more than likely still work but new big title releases in the last few years will be hosted via your Uplay, Steam, Razor, etc.

👍🤙

Giibbons

It might be a little late but I recommend checking out a program called ""LaunchBox"" or ""RetroArch"". These programs have built-in metadata scraping tools that can automatically pull game descriptions, box art, and other information for your ROMs. LaunchBox even has a feature where you can create custom metadata fields that can be stored in the game folders themselves.
[redacted]

Edited by GrimReaper
Spam content removed