Looking for similar plugins to Locast2Plex

atomicmoon

atomicmoon

Locast2Plex for Emby is probably the greatest thing to be added to my server, if you were to ask my family.

I think it's pretty sweet, and was wondering if there are any other "hacks" that can utilize the HDHomerun settings, similarly to Locast2Plex, to pull in even more live content?

I've tried IPTV and don't care for the headaches, buffering, constant maintenance, etc.

I can't utilize an actual antenna, and Locast is providing everything I could with one.

And I'd rather not pay for cable to pipe through an actual HDHomerun.

If you know of any services that can be setup similar or exactly the same, please let me know!

Thanks!

Hi, To me the only worthwhile alternative is TVEverywhere though Channels DVR which will cost you about $8/month.  However, in order to use TVE you need to have a valid login account to one of the listed cable or sat providers (long list). If you have a parent or sibling you could likely get them to add you to their account and use it this way if you don't already have a cable service.

Typically this will get you around 125 to 150 network channels from Fox News/CNN to TBS, & Hallmark Channel.

Locast plus TVE is pretty close to having an HDHomeRun Prime except you're not limited to 3 tuners.

• Like 1

BAlGaInTl

From the Github page for Locast2Plex:

A Python script and Docker image to connect locast to Plex's live tv/dvr feature. Seems to work for Emby, Jellyfin, and Kodi too!

Have you tried using it?

The author seems to imply that it works for other content managers.

• 2 weeks later...
atomicmoon
On 6/12/2021 at 9:59 AM, cayars said:

Hi, To me the only worthwhile alternative is TVEverywhere though Channels DVR which will cost you about $8/month.  However, in order to use TVE you need to have a valid login account to one of the listed cable or sat providers (long list). If you have a parent or sibling you could likely get them to add you to their account and use it this way if you don't already have a cable service.

Typically this will get you around 125 to 150 network channels from Fox News/CNN to TBS, & Hallmark Channel.

Locast plus TVE is pretty close to having an HDHomeRun Prime except you're not limited to 3 tuners.

So far the setup has been fairly easy. I was able to get my locast channels piped in with ease.

Youtube TV on the other hand is giving me more fits than it should. I'm running into the a similar issue a lot of people have had with trying to get Channels to login with my credentials. I've sent a support email with logs, so hopefully they can spot something, but this Google account is about as unsecure as I can get it but still having verification issues.

Bottom line is, thanks for pointing me in this path, as it looks like it will provide my users with stable IPTV sources, once I can get over this YTTV hurdle.

It's a pretty decent solution and can be cost effective if you have credentials from a family member. :)

atomicmoon
6 minutes ago, cayars said:

It's a pretty decent solution and can be cost effective if you have credentials from a family member. :)

Exactly the scenario I'm working with, but currently on with Google One support trying to get 2FA disabled, even though it says it is, and they are literally just sending me links to their support forum.....I'm paying for this service to send me forum links......

Nothing wrong with that if the links are valid and tell you what to do to solve the problem. :)
However, my guess would be that isn't the case. LOL

Dan_Austin

The fHDHR project on github (https://github.com/fHDHR) has support for about a dozen different online media sources.  It is modular, so you can install just the sources you want to use.  Being modular also means one running proxy instead on one per source, which is nice if more than one of the sources appeals to you.