EMBY for WISP

connectwisp

connectwisp

Hello Profissionals,

Im woundering, I have a WISP with 1k Subscribers, is Emby will work good for them, Can Emby server handle 1k Sessions?

Regards

connectwisp

Wireless Internet Service Provider, My question is, Can I let them connect to my emby server? is there any limitation on emby server ?

connectwisp

Hi,

Q: What content will you be providing and do you have the legal license to distribute that content?

A: is license required from Emby Team?.. regarding the content, I will redistrbute local content in my country, and this no need for license.

Q: what apps will your users want to use? 

A: Users will have Emby Client APP, installed on Android TV Box.

I hope that I answered your questions.

Thank You

Do you own the license rights to redistribute it is the question.

If anything you "redistribute" originated in the US, CA, UK, Germany, India, Japan as just a few examples we can almost guarantee there is big licensing fees involved in distributing this content commercially.

Deathsquirrel

The various Emby staff are clearly on top of the 'we need to confirm this is legal before we'll sell you a license' discussion.

Assuming what you're doing IS legal for a moment, are you planning to distribute audio, video, or both?  You say you have 1000 subscribers but how many do you expect to pull content at any one time?  What are the bit rates and format, both codecs and containers assuming this is video, of the content you'd be hosting?  What are the playback devices your users would bring to the table?

As a purely practical matter let's say you're hosting video.  Those videos are a low bitrate, say 3Mbps between the video and audio in the file.  You want to allow up to 100 people to watch that video at the same time.  That's going to require a hard disk infrastructure that can reliably sustain 100 simultaneous 3Mbps reads as well as the network bandwidth to support the streaming.  Change the bitrate or number of users and you suddenly need very different hardware.  That's without any transcoding.  If you allow transcoding the hardware requirements go through the roof as your user counts scale.

In short then YES, this is quite possible depending on an awful lot of info you haven't yet provided.  That's assuming that you're streaming content you actually have a legal right to stream so the Emby team will even sell you a license :)

• 10 months later...
connectwisp

@Deathsquirrelhi,

so my question is? how the ISPs can do the IPTV ?.

I thought to get Encoders and server to redistrbute the content

regarding the Bandwidth, I got this dont worry

Deathsquirrel
6 hours ago, connectwisp said:

@Deathsquirrelhi,

so my question is? how the ISPs can do the IPTV ?.

Legitimate one negotiate and pay for redistribution rights with the rights holders.  Illegitimate ones try to avoid notice long enough to get away with the money.