NVIDIA Shield Issue - Playback Stops

Ardellb14

Ardellb14

Playback is stopping/freezing randomly in the middle of streaming and going back to show details screen. After which, it will either do one of two things:

1. Start back up after I hit play

2. Fail to restart and give me a connection error or a volley error. 

Please assist. 

vdatanet

Immediately after this, send a log from the application to the developer, indicating time, server and user. The volley error is a network connectivity problem, but it can be due to various reasons.

You must enable application's debugging options and send the log from the user menu.

If you can't login, you can send the log from the login screen.

6 hours ago, Ardellb14 said:

Fail to restart and give me a connection error or a volley error.

Hi.  This would be indicative of your network connection either dropping or just getting very slow.  is this a remote session?

Ardellb14
6 hours ago, vdatanet said:

Immediately after this, send a log from the application to the developer, indicating time, server and user. The volley error is a network connectivity problem, but it can be due to various reasons.

You must enable application's debugging options and send the log from the user menu.

Is there a "how to" for this because I'm completely new at this and not sure how to do that.  

Ardellb14
1 hour ago, ebr said:

is this a remote session?

Hi. Thanks for responding, but I honestly don't know what that means 🤦‍♀️

vdatanet
28 minutes ago, Ardellb14 said:

Hi. Thanks for responding, but I honestly don't know what that means 🤦‍♀️

Your server is in your local network or remote?

vdatanet
30 minutes ago, Ardellb14 said:

Is there a "how to" for this because I'm completely new at this and not sure how to do that.  

Ardellb14
1 hour ago, vdatanet said:

Your server is in your local network or remote?

It is a remote server

4 minutes ago, Ardellb14 said:

It is a remote server

Is it your server, or someone else's?

Ardellb14
On 6/11/2021 at 3:09 AM, vdatanet said:

I have recreated the issue and sent the logs through the android TV emby app @10:30p EST.  Username ardellb14. I was watching winter soldier when the video stopped and issued a video playback error

Ardellb14

Sent an additional file as it occurred again, this time giving me the message about server connection and volley error. Ardellb14 emby user and sent through AndroidTV app @11:22EST

10 hours ago, Ardellb14 said:

sent the logs through the android TV emby app @10:30p EST.

Hi.  This log doesn't contain any playback.  It looks like you opened the app, then went in and changed your home screen settings and then sent the log.

9 hours ago, Ardellb14 said:

Sent an additional file as it occurred again, this time giving me the message about server connection and volley error. Ardellb14 emby user and sent through AndroidTV app @11:22EST

I cannot find this log but that error would indicate that you are losing the connection to the server or the server is responding very slowly.

What was the answer to this question?

On 6/11/2021 at 1:13 PM, Luke said:

Is it your server, or someone else's?

Ardellb14

@ebr not sure why as I followed the instructions that were given. I had to change the settings to allow debugging. I sent 3 files, I believe. The first was a test and the last two mentioned in this thread,  I sent immediately after I received the errors. 

This is someone else's remote server. I've discussed and done troubleshooting with them and they have no issues on their end

21 hours ago, Ardellb14 said:

This is someone else's remote server. I've discussed and done troubleshooting with them and they have no issues on their end

Right - the symptoms you describe would be an issue with your network connection to them so they probably wouldn't see any issue.  What is your internet connection and their upload speed?