Repeatedly getting locked out of account

Griff2bad
Go to solution Solved by Happy2Play,

Griff2bad

Hi, please help. The settings are so confusing. I can login into the website and forum, as demonstrated. 

However, in the emby server, Im the admin, and the same username and password does not login there. Returns "incorrect username and password"

Im getting so confused with emby connect, just in general i think the settings are very messy. Why is both emby connect options and user account options in the same place? and then password elsewhere?

OK so i was asked for my info by the bot - I have 7 users. me, different friends n family. I am also a user & the admin. If i log out of my admin account, i can log into any user no trouble. But trying to login my account again i get prompted for username and password. 

The username is known. the password is known. 

That combination does not login the user/admin account on the emby server.

IDK maybe im getting confused, are there differences between user/admin accounts? Why is emby connect and user login details different? where do i edit emby connect?

I hope someone can help.

Edited by Griff2bad

Hello Griff2bad,

** This is an auto reply **

Please wait for someone from staff support or our members to reply to you.

It's recommended to provide more info, as it explain in this thread:

Thank you.

Emby Team

Happy2Play

Your connect account is just linked to a Local user account, but the Connect account is controlled online here while the local account is controlled by you on your server.

Now the question would be does your local user account have Remote access enabled?  Have you tried unlinking your Connect user name from the local user and relinking it?

The invalid username or password is just to generic error.

Griff2bad

hi, thanks for replying. I have indeed unlinked, my connect user name, but I am currently locked out of my local account. How do I relink it? 

Happy2Play
1 minute ago, Griff2bad said:

hi, thanks for replying. I have indeed unlinked, my connect user name, but I am currently locked out of my local account. How do I relink it? 

You can't until you can log in with a admin account to reapply.  Are you saying you are unable to login with a local admin user?

Griff2bad
29 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

You can't until you can log in with a admin account to reapply.  Are you saying you are unable to login with a local admin user?

yes thats correct. the username and password I thought I'd corrected and set here, do not work as a local admin user on emby

Happy2Play
1 minute ago, Griff2bad said:

yes thats correct. the username and password I thought I'd corrected and set here, do not work as a local admin user on emby

You have access to the server correct? 

Can you log in with a user account?

If so I can PM you some steps to fix this issue.

Griff2bad
2 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

You have access to the server correct? 

Can you log in with a user account?

If so I can PM you some steps to fix this issue.

Yes i have access to the server, and thanks for you're help so far. Please PM the steps, Id really appreciate that.

Happy2Play

PM'd user steps to activate user account as admin to fix inaccessible previous admin account.

• Thanks 1

• 1 year later...
Happy2Play
38 minutes ago, JeffAvery said:

not super helpful when the solution is not shared. I'm in the same boat. 

Go to the users policy.xml and set IsAdministrator to true.