V0.510 - TV series icons issue

CharlesC

CharlesC

Thanks once again for the update, the scroll on TV series issue is now fixed, however I am not getting any icons in the list of series just an image of a TV - what image is meant to be there ?

Charles

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chessdragon136

The tv image is shown when you do not have any season backdrop images :) So it is correct behavior.

If you want to test go to the metadata manager, find a tv show and select the season folder and download a backdrop image for the season.

Thanks. 

@@chessdragon136. I am getting the same problem. I appear to have the correct artwork as well. Which image does the app use at the season level?

Edited by c0m3r

I dont seem to have any of those? I would have thought it would use the season thumb?

fdu5o3.png

chessdragon136

Honest truth on this one -> I use images i have in my library which are primary and backdrop

I never know when to use what image! 

But its easy enough to try thumb first and then backdrop. So I'll do that :)

@@CharlesC -> Do you have thumb images? Would this resolve the issue for you too?

Just a good look through my collection and I do have the odd season backdrop but I think they are from when I used to collect images manually. The server seems to save them like this:

dwbcex.png

Thanks for the solution though ;)

Edited by c0m3r

Cheesegeezer

Honest truth on this one -> I use images i have in my library which are primary and backdrop

I never know when to use what image! 

But its easy enough to try thumb first and then backdrop. So I'll do that :)

@@CharlesC -> Do you have thumb images? Would this resolve the issue for you too?

They look really nice using thumbs. Have at look at my Xenon Theme. you can see from the screenshots in the first post how they turn out.  Also if you have Coverart installed it will apply the treatment to thumbs.

http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/9018-mbc-theme-xenon/

One thing I did, was to fall back to Series Thumb if a season thumb wasn't available.  Another thing I did was to add the logo over the Backdrop to fake a thumbArt image.

The client is really taking shape now Chess, Great work fella

cough cough (once you finish samsung app, LG is next... right???  :ph34r: )

• Like 1

chessdragon136

Ok I've changed it to use Season Thumb first -> Then Season backdrop -> Series Thumb -> Series Backdrop -> Then TV Pic

I use season bacckdrop first as it will be unique - having the same series thumb displayed 8 times is a bit odd

@@Cheesegeezer -> Logoart is now displayed instead of text in the top left on most pages - have a look at the screenies..

Update pushed to server :)

Edited by chessdragon136
  • Like 2

Cheesegeezer

Ok I've changed it to use Season Thumb first -> Then Season backdrop -> Series Thumb -> Series Backdrop -> Then TV Pic

I use series bacckdrop first as it will be unique - having the same series thumb displayed 8 times is a bit odd

@@Cheesegeezer -> Logoart is now displayed instead of text in the top left on most pages - have a look at the screenies..

Update pushed to server :)

Where are the screenies, just checked the screenshot thread and nothing in there.  Post them up here.

The way I have it Season Thumb, Series Thumb, backdrop and Series Logo and then Poster as a fail safe.

Anyways great work and glad you stuck at it mate :D

chessdragon136

You don't see any images in the screenshot thread? Thats odd, I do :S 

Or are we talking about different things - I'm talking about having the logo in the top left when available like below:

As for the order, logo sounds nice but the resolution is only 100x46 so would be kinda small for it, and same goes for poster. 

Besides if you have none of those images I listed previously you're really not a very good MB3 user :P

53fafc53df0b8_FilmPage.png

CBers

I still don't like the multi-colour icons on that page. Any chance of monochrome ones please?

Cheesegeezer

You don't see any images in the screenshot thread? Thats odd, I do :S 

Or are we talking about different things - I'm talking about having the logo in the top left when available like below:

As for the order, logo sounds nice but the resolution is only 100x46 so would be kinda small for it, and same goes for poster. 

Besides if you have none of those images I listed previously you're really not a very good MB3 user :P

53fafc53df0b8_FilmPage.png

Yeah lol, i guess we are.

As you were saying, you have Season Thumb, Series Thumb, then backdrop.  I thought we were talking about poster images rather than full details screens.

I use the backdrop as a thumb if no thumbs are available but I place the logo (if available) in the bottom left of the backdrop to create an impression of a thumbArt image.  See Draft Day below.  It's a backdrop and a logo, with the logo overlaid on the backdrop image

CAsiPn5.png

Edited by Cheesegeezer

chessdragon136

Sorry I'm with you now - That's a cool idea! Shame I can't make much use of it due to my tiny resolutions on most elements.. 

• Like 1

CharlesC

Yes like that better, saved me having to manually add images to the server as none were there from the online sources.

Do have a rouge "/div>" in the text (see pic) post-4689-14089613212409_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

CharlesC

Sorry for delay in testing, was in midst of relocating MB server. But that has fixed the problem

FrostByte

I'm trying to update the app and getting stuck on connecting when trying to synch

Edit: nm, 3x is a charm I guess :)

Edited by FrostByte

crashkelly

Installed the latest update and it is looking good, very good.

Thank you for all the hard work and I will test out some stuff later and let you know if I run into anything

Cheers

CrashKelly

FrostByte

Agree, app is looking great.  I'll test some movies with external subtitles later, but so far everything works great and like the updates very much