Photos not being displayed

guppy710

guppy710

Hi everyone,

Recently a library of photos and videos that has been online for several years started malfunctioning. When opening a folder within the library that contains photos, no photos are displayed. However, video files within the same folder are displayed with no issues. 

From the Emby server, I can manually open the data location and view the photos.

Any idea why Emby all of a sudden cannot display the photos?

Thanks in advance!!

guppy710

Hi Everyone, 

Does anyone have any idea about this? 

My wife and I use Emby to share family pics and videos and this is now not possible. 

Thanks in advance,

Guppy

• 2 weeks later...
barnum

Hi All,

I have the same PB on Emby 4.6.3 on linux. The photos are not displayed only videos on the directory.

Before with 4.5.x it was working

Vincent

Edited by barnum

• 4 months later...
dehohman

Same issue, whole system lost icons for pictures and movies as well as pictures fail to be found and displayed. 

Is this a known issue?

Running on Cent OS using Version 4.7.0.14 beta.  I ran the last stable but same issue so I tried the beta.

• 2 years later...
sargenthp

Looks like I am having this issue as well.  Photos used to show up.  Now the only thing that will show is movies.

sargenthp

OK.  I even re-scanned the example directory so it hopefully captures it in the log.

• Included...
    • Screen shot of the directory list (yes...  The emby user can get to these as I did a "sudo -u emby /bin/bash" went to the directory and cat'ed out a file).
    • Screen shot of the FACL on a image and video file.
    • The embyserver.txt log file.

Thank you, and please let me know if you need anything else.

Hil

Screenshot from 2023-11-21 09-37-01.png

Screenshot from 2023-11-21 09-38-41.png

embyserver.txt

visproduction

Images are fairly large and Emby resizes each one to width 480 and height 720.  This causes some CPU demand to resize and change the aspect ratio of each photo.  Some of these photos appear 1 MB each. Conversion and browser display could possible fail from a browser time out? Perhaps remove the width or height so the aspect ratio is not recalculated.  Also optimizing the images to not be oversized and use a lower file size should help.

Line 206
2023-11-21 02:33:59.529 Info HttpClient: GET https://emby.tmsimg.com/assets/p328965_b_v8_ad.jpg?w=480&h=720
2023-11-21 02:33:59.530 Info HttpClient: GET https://emby.tmsimg.com/assets/p26092527_b_v8_ab.jpg?w=480&h=720
2023-11-21 02:33:59.530 Info HttpClient: GET https://emby.tmsimg.com/assets/p439881_b_v12_bd.jpg?w=480&h=720

Directory of \1

11/21/2023  08:13 AM           210,971   p328965_b_v8_ad.jpg
11/21/2023  08:14 AM           961,638   p439881_b_v12_bd.jpg

What photo it not showing that you expected to see? Where did you expect to see it? What is the content type of the library?

sargenthp

What photo it not showing that you expected to see?

All photos. 

Where did you expect to see it?

Under my "Home videos & photos" library which includes 2 folders.

• /data/Seagate/Media/videos/Home Videos
  • /data/Seagate/Media/pictures

What is the content type of the library?

Mixed

58 minutes ago, sargenthp said:

Under my "Home videos & photos" library

58 minutes ago, sargenthp said:

Mixed

Hi.  "Mixed" is for Movies, TV shows and music.  Try creating the library with a type of "Home videos and photos".

sargenthp

OK...  This time I removed my original library, and created new as "Home videos and photos".  Working now.  Trying to remember what was not working when I switched from "Home videos and photos"...  Maybe that the other family members could not get to them.  Hmmm...  Well...  I will keep it this way again.

Thanks.

• Thanks 1