Guide data empty, no channels displayed in config pages

pschweig

pschweig

Hi

I am setting up Emby for the first time and I am having trouble getting guide data to display. I read that might be related to mapping channels in my lineup to the those I have scanned but there are no channels in the configuration pages either.

I am using DVB-T in the UK via the Media Portal plugin. This seems to work ok as there are channels displayed on the front end and I can even watch them casting from my iphone to the tv via Chromecast.

I initially had a Schedules Direct subscription but I read that has now been desupported. So I tried both xmltv and Emby guide data but neither worked. Any ideas how I can fix the guide data?

I have attached screenshots to illustrate what I mean and the latest log file.

thanks

Paul

setup_channels.jpg

application_channels.jpg

guide.jpg

embyserver (3).txt

Edited by pschweig

Hi, you wouldn't be using the Channels menu item as you haven't loaded any tuners in Emby but instead use a Live TV plugin.

You instead do your channel maintenance work in Media Portal where you have things setup.

pschweig

Ok thanks - I'll have a look.

Is there something specifically preventing Emby from showing its guide data? The channels have appeared in the front end - presumably from media portal

Just for clarification.  You do not have anything setup in Emby Tuners correct?  If you do, remove them. 

When using a Live TV plugin all the data comes through the plugin.

pschweig

No nothing in TV Sources. I had a look at that menu option but it didn't recognise any tuner devices on my pvr.

setup_tuners.JPG

Edited by pschweig

You can remove the Emby Guide Data from here as it won't be used but could cause complications.
Everything for you should be done in Media Portal & Media Portal plugin.

Do you get proper guide data in Media Portal?

pschweig

Thanks I'll check - the only reason I have Media portal is to get tv into emby so it's all new setup to me. If I see guide data in Media Portal should it automatically import to Emby?

1 hour ago, pschweig said:

Thanks I'll check - the only reason I have Media portal is to get tv into emby so it's all new setup to me. If I see guide data in Media Portal should it automatically import to Emby?

Assuming the media portal plugin supports it, then yes.

pschweig

Hi - thanks for all your replies and advice. I set up the channel mappings and xmltv plugin in Mediaportal and now I have guide data in Emby 👍

• Like 1

Glad you got it working.

Thanks for the update on your status.