Kts1988

Kts1988

Hi,

I have been using emby for a long time and seem to be having issues since the update last month.

The merger of the 'Next Up' & 'Continue Watching' features was not ideal so I use the legacy set up.

However, on the 'Next Up' section, when I watch tv shows, the episode does not mark as watched which means the next episode does not show up on the 'Next Up' section. The same episode is sitting there and I cannot manually mark it as watch as I get an error saying "error setting played status".

This has only occured since the last update. I cannot mark any media as watched.

Please can you kindly assist?

Edited by Kts1988

Hi there, can you please attach the emby server log from when this happened? Thanks.

Kts1988
25 minutes ago, Luke said:

Hi there, can you please attach the emby server log from when this happened? Thanks.

I cant get the server logs but here is a photo.

This error happens on everything. The show highlighted has been fully watched but it still shows old episodes from when I updated to the new version. This happens with all shows on the next up section.

20210609_145138.jpg

Hi.  Once you can confirm in your log that you are getting database errors (what we suspect) I think @cayars can help you sort those out.

Kts1988
Just now, Luke said:

Why are you unable to get the server log? Is it not your server?

No, I do not own the server.

Are you suggesting it could be a server issue? I have no idea to be honest.

3 minutes ago, Kts1988 said:

No, I do not own the server.

Are you suggesting it could be a server issue? I have no idea to be honest.

Yes I believe so.

Kts1988
Just now, Luke said:

Yes I believe so.

Thanks. I will go to the server owner to see if I can get these logs.

• 3 weeks later...
gtxr25

I keep getting this issue quite a lot since the 4.6.2.0 update i went through the steps in the above link and found that Deleting the library.db-shm & library.db-wal files fixes this issue temporarily then comes back.
I've tried updating emby to 4.6.3.0 but the problem persists
i tried deleting the library.db starting a new scan
i tried reinstalling emby and starting again from scratch,
i tried wiping the whole server and Linux OS and starting again from scratch

but it always comes back.
I've had to set up a script that runs every couple of hours to stop docker delete those 2 files above and restart docker
but id love if anyone had a more permanent fix

Thanks in advance guys

30 minutes ago, gtxr25 said:

I keep getting this issue quite a lot since the 4.6.2.0 update i went through the steps in the above link and found that Deleting the library.db-shm & library.db-wal files fixes this issue temporarily then comes back.
I've tried updating emby to 4.6.3.0 but the problem persists
i tried deleting the library.db starting a new scan
i tried reinstalling emby and starting again from scratch,
i tried wiping the whole server and Linux OS and starting again from scratch

but it always comes back.
I've had to set up a script that runs every couple of hours to stop docker delete those 2 files above and restart docker
but id love if anyone had a more permanent fix

Thanks in advance guys

gtxr25

i thought you might ask for them, i cant find any at the moment ive searched through the past 3 logs with no search results so ill have to come back to you with them when it happens sorry about that, the error in the logs looks like its similar to this  - SQLitePCL.pretty.SQLiteException, 
i think one of them was the notorious "database locked" error but like i said ive been through all of the above steps anyway thank you and sorry for wasting your time, i will attach them as soon as i see them

If you don't mind running a beta version try 4.7.0.3 which has a fix in it for this.

We would love to have you try this version as you seem to get this lock a lot and this would help us test it.
You would be able to switch back to the release version at the next release if you wanted.

Hi

I have the same issue and now my server is failing to scan the library files. I have never had an issue and been using Emby for many years.

Any assistance you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Kris

Servererror.txt

I have installed beta version 4.7.0.3 and works like a charm.

Al scheduled tasks run without error and played marker appears appropriately.

Great work 

Thank you.

Kris

Happy2Play
30 minutes ago, kris said:

Hi

I have the same issue and now my server is failing to scan the library files. I have never had an issue and been using Emby for many years.

Any assistance you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Kris

Servererror.txt 2.26 kB · 0 downloads

Yes there is a issue somewhere in 4.6 that is causing Database Lock as previously described.  Am guessing as the SQLitePCL.pretty.SQLiteException does not show the exact exception in the error message you are showing, you have to look in the server log to see it.

You shutdown Emby and remove the shm and wal files for library.db per that section in the KB if it is the Locked error.

SQLitePCL.pretty.SQLiteException: Busy: database is locked

https://support.emby.media/support/solutions/articles/44002210894

Or you can try the 4.7 beta branch if it continues to happen.

Edited by Happy2Play

It will be resolved in the upcoming 4.6.4 release so that it will no longer happen.

gtxr25

That sounds promising :) can you update/change your current docker container from stable to beta or will it corrupt the database? I don't really want to have to start again from scratch scanning everything in as it takes about a week to complete, thanks in advance

On 6/26/2021 at 8:36 AM, gtxr25 said:

That sounds promising :) can you update/change your current docker container from stable to beta or will it corrupt the database? I don't really want to have to start again from scratch scanning everything in as it takes about a week to complete, thanks in advance

Yes you can jump ahead in versions without too much trouble, it's going backwards that we don't recommend. We'll be releasing 4.6.4 in the next day or two so you can also just wait for that.

• Like 2