Trouble playing STRM files

nuentes

nuentes

I'm not clear what's wrong here. I can play videos directly from the youtube plugin, however my youtube STRM files will not play.

The affected system:

• Kodi: 19.0
  • Emby Addon: Embycon
  • Skin: Embuary

My primary setup where these STRM files work fine:

• Kodi: 18.8
  • Emby Addon: Emby For Kodi
  • Skin: Arctic Zephyr 2

Side note that's potentially unrelated, but I'm afraid someone will ask, so I'll get it out of the way. These STRM files do not work in Emby for the web. This is because they are formatted for plugin playback rather than HTML. I only mention this because I know why they don't play on Emby web. But the contents of the STRM files look like this:

plugin://plugin.video.youtube/play/?video_id={video_id}

However, looking at my logfile, these files are never even getting to the Youtube plugin. You can see in line 835 of my logfile that I was able to play something directly from the Youtube plugin, so I have that configured correctly. However looking at lines 996 and 1026, you can see the playback failures that don't appear to touch the plugin.

My regular videos that are locally hosted on my Emby server all work just fine. The STRM files are the only issue I'm having.

Does embycon have issues with passing STRM files to plugins? Is this happening for the same why these files don't work on Emby for the web?

don't work on Emby for the web?

Hi, strm files work with the emby web app, but not when they point to kodi plugin urls. They need to be direct urls to videos.

nuentes

Yes. I'm aware.

These STRM files do not work in Emby for the web. This is because they are formatted for plugin playback rather than HTML.

The issue I'm reporting is that I'm having trouble playing the STRM files in Embuary/Embycon.

TeamB
4 hours ago, nuentes said:

Yes. I'm aware.

The issue I'm reporting is that I'm having trouble playing the STRM files in Embuary/Embycon.

This used to work with EmbyCon, i will have a look and see what is happening.

Edit: The issue is on line 671 of your log file, i will fix it.

Edited by TeamB