Series recordings are scheduled a day after they actually air

martincom

martincom

I'm new to Emby Live TV/DVR.  I have several TV series setup for recording.  They are not being recorded and when I check the "Series" it indicates the next scheduled recording time is exactly one day after it actually aired.  I'm utilizing Emby guide and it displays the correct air times and dates.  I've checked the clock/calendar on the server that is hosting Emby and it is correct (and synced to the NTP pool of time servers.)  What am I missing?  Emby Beta 4.7.0.2

Edited by martincom

Hi, wow that's a strange one. 

What guide source are you using?  If it's an xml file do you see any time offsets in the file?

martincom

As I indicated in my opening post, I'm utilizing the Emby guide and have it configured for local, over-the-air broadcasts.  I didn't note where I could enter time offsets any where.

Sorry about that.  If using Emby Guide data, you can ignore my question.

To help us better understand can you provide any pics of something that should have recorded but didn't?

If we could see the server log file for that time span we can look to see what might be going on as well.

martincom

Some additional info:

The Emby Roku app displays the next scheduled recording a day after it actually airs.  For example, it indicated the next episode of "Blue Bloods" will be recorded "Sat June 12 9:00PM".  However, when accessing Emby from a co-networked PC via port 8096, it displays it being recorded at the correct time.  However, it does not record.

266437501_BLueBloodsschedule.thumb.JPG.e4ff4105c6b0209c5b2593e2596f1b12.JPG

I believe this is the same as the topic above. The two can likely be merged. We are aware of this and are bringing forth a fix very soon. Please stay tuned.  ;)

This will affect anyone with a Roku using a timezone different than GMT 0.

Edited by speechles
  • Thanks 1

martincom

I have the series "Bull" configured to record.  An episode aired yesterday evening, June 7, at 9:00PM CDT.  It did not record.  The Emby Roku App indicates it will record tonight at 9:00PM.  Attached is the log covering that time period.

embyserver(2)-2.txt

The Emby Roku app imports in the time and date correctly. But after doing so does not adjust that imported time to the locale of the location of the Roku in the world. That means if you are GMT-5 your recording will actually try to start 5 hours before that broadcast. It will set the times according to GMT 0 instead of the GMT-5 which is the location of that users Roku in the world. We will fix this. We have other fixes as well. This will get fixed.

Edited by speechles

martincom

I just read the other thread you referenced and that all seems logical.  However, the Emby DVR should recorded the episode of "Bull" yesterday evening and it did not. I suppose it could have been a re-run and that would not recorded as I have the "new episodes only" set.  I'll look into that further.

17 minutes ago, speechles said:

The Emby Roku app imports in the time and date correctly. But after doing so does not adjust that imported time to the locale of the location of the Roku in the world. That means if you are GMT-5 your recording will actually try to start 5 hours before that broadcast. It will set the times according to GMT 0 instead of the GMT-5 which is the location of that users Roku in the world. We will fix this. We have other fixes as well. This will get fixed.

Is the best solution right now to use a different client such as web to schedule the recording?

6 minutes ago, cayars said:

Is the best solution right now to use a different client such as web to schedule the recording?

Yes. In the interim and to ensure recordings occur at the right timezone. Please if you have any issues set your scheduled recordings outside of the Roku while we investigate this fully. I think we have the correct spot found and corrected. But we need to make sure one fix doesn't break something somewhere else. When you play with clockworks you need to be sure you are on time. That is what we are doing.

Until we issue the next Roku beta we cannot be sure your recordings will start on time or if this is merely a display issue.

Edited by speechles

6 minutes ago, cayars said:

The issue on the Roku is purely display. It will not affect recordings.

martincom

I've checked this a bit further and I believe Emby is recording correctly and at the correct time.  Once I un-checked the "new episode only" box, the dot behind the episode listed in the "series" tab turned from grey to red, which I've deduced means it will be recorded.  I'm a newb and didn't know that dot indicated recording status.  So I'm speculating the episode of "Bull" that didn't record last night was a re-run.

By the looks of it it this should only affect display. But with clockworks any change has the potential to get ugly.

• Thanks 1