playback has some weird artifacts

zac115

zac115

So lately I've been trying to watch some of my shows that are on my server be while I am in Texas away from my house. Unfortunately it's not gone the way I want it to go. When I start watching something I get these weird artifacts on the screen in this happens on any device I watch it on be at on a device that's on Hotel Wi-Fi or if it's on mobile data. in some shots it's less pronounced than in others but you can see it most prominently in the third screenshot. Additionally I logged on to my PC at my house using TeamViewer to check the file that I had downloaded for this specific show. After checking the file the file was completely fine if you played it on DLC on the computer itself. But it comes out looking like this if you play it through emby remotely. And I have no idea what is going on.

Screenshot_20210607-190921_Emby.jpg

Screenshot_20210607-190933_Emby.jpg

Screenshot_20210607-190941_Emby.jpg

zac115

so then all you would need is the logs right. because i did everything in the "how to report a media playback issue" besides the log. also the screen shot do not do it justice. these are 1080p files. they should not look like period. and i tried this test on both hotel wifi and my cell network. also i logged into my computer at my house and here is a comparison of the local file and what you see in the screen shot. i would not say that does not look bad. i also have attached the logs 

Edit: also please look at the third image in the image I just posted in this post. If you look at the blue card next to the doll on the pin-up board you can see that part of the card is what I would call melted. And if you look at his earlobes you can see that there is a rainbow like discoloration in splintering. I don't know if this has to do with the bitrate or my download speed. Because I have reset the server and I've reset the modem at my house as well as the router. Granted there's only so much I can do since I'm trying to do this from another state but I have tried all of the stuff that is usually requested. You know have you turned it off and turned it back on. When I check the bitrate from my cell phone it said it was streaming at one megabyte per second and the quality on my cell phone is 1080p. So again I have no idea this has to do with emby connect or with just emby in general.

Screenshot 2021-06-08 190655.jpg

ffmpeg-transcode-5b80a252-3c00-4130-b4a1-43663164ff9f_1.txt embyserver-63758689402.txt hardware_detection-63758689538.txt

Edited by zac115

Hi, as a test, try turning off hardware transcoding on the server and see if that helps. Thanks.

Happy2Play

Are you using "Auto" for playback quality?  I would say yes looking at the extremely low bitrate used during playback.

tream #0:0: Video: h264 (h264_vaapi) (Main), vaapi_vld, 640x360 [SAR 1:1 DAR 16:9], q=-1--1, 616 kb/s, Level 30, 24 fps, 90k tbn, 24 tbc (default)

zac115
15 hours ago, Happy2Play said:

Are you using "Auto" for playback quality?  I would say yes looking at the extremely low bitrate used during playback.

nope. so what you are saying is that my hardware could be failing?

On 6/9/2021 at 1:47 PM, zac115 said:

nope still having the same problem

Screenshot_20210609-124624_Emby.jpg

Screenshot_20210609-124609_Emby.jpg

Screenshot_20210609-124600_Emby.jpg

Can you provide an ffmpeg log example of that? Thanks.