‘Watched’ tick for Collections when ‘Group items into collections’ is turned on

bradendelarue

bradendelarue

Hi there,

In browsing my collection of movies on my Apple TV, I noticed that if movies are grouped into collections I can’t tell if I’ve watched them without diving in deeper.

Would it be possible to have it display the tick in the corner if all movies in the collection are marked as watched?

Cheers,

Brad

• Like 5
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 8

Happy2Play
4 hours ago, Luke said:

Hi there, how does the web app compare for you?

Since Collections have no indicators, we have no idea how many items in the collection without CA and no way to knowing if all items are played or not in said collection.

bradendelarue

I’m seeing the same behaviour in the web app, movie collections don’t show indicators. It’s not an Apple TV app issue, that’s just where I noticed the behaviour.

Not sure if its something that could be implemented, but from a user perspective it would be great to know without diving into the collections.

Right, collections don't currently show any indicators, so you won't see it in any Emby app.

• 6 months later...
Junglejim

Yep for sure, any half decent library db should carry over all this user meta to every view!

Sarakha63
3 hours ago, Junglejim said:

Yep for sure, any half decent library db should carry over all this user meta to every view!

yep totally agree..... i cant understand why so much after the first feedbacks about that (since years) we don't have those...

as of now  we cant even say how many items are in a collections, neither see if all are watched, neither see if some are watched..... that's kind of really annoying.....

But yes we know the answer :

- it's possible in the future.....

but even tough its a really illogical issue its not a feature request this should be considered as a bug, this is only a matter of few hours developping, testing and pushing into beta....

but the future is looking like..... 3-5-7 years..... like for many other little improvements...... we are not talking of a complete refactoring here...... only a minor time consuming bug fix for something completely illogical...... and unpractical.....

Hi.  These were removed by design because, for most people, they were just clutter.  We are monitoring this request for support but the most likely scenario would be some options around exactly how these indicators are shown (watched vs unwatched) and on exactly what items.

Sarakha63
17 hours ago, ebr said:

Hi.  These were removed by design because, for most people, they were just clutter.  We are monitoring this request for support but the most likely scenario would be some options around exactly how these indicators are shown (watched vs unwatched) and on exactly what items.

I dont really understand....

Movie just on the same page when they are Seen have a marker...

I understand the change you made for tvshow showing only remaining épisodes and nothing when all IS watched. This was disturbing but in fact was a good Idea.

But collections (movie sets) are not tvshows. So they are shown among movies with no rule at all (nothing)

I would understand that you dont show a number (as with coverart we Can Do something)

But i dont really understand why when all are watched the collection IS not marked juste like the individual movies that are exactly on the same page just next to it.

Edited by Sarakha63
  • Agree 1

• 6 months later...
Romek123

as my posting got closed because was basicly same idea i will just copy paste the text

"So when i have seen all movies in a collection than this collections should be marked as "watched"

Great bonus would be be when i can have on my collections the same viewing status indicator as TV-Shows have. Say when i hav seen 4 out of 7 movies in a collection than it should get a 3 symbol"

you guys could even add an option for indicators ... so people who don't want this can just deactivate it

21 hours ago, Romek123 said:

you guys could even add an option for indicators ... so people who don't want this can just deactivate it

Please lend your support here: