Original Genre Cleaner comments

Airbender

Sorry, what I meant is that it works great in the fact that I can now merge the numerous similar genres for a single type into 1.

The problem is that some of my music have genres that make no sense or are illegible which I can't tell this tool how to deal with as I don't know!

I was just asking what people used to sort their music meta data out with.

CWNashvegas

Sorry, what I meant is that it works great in the fact that I can now merge the numerous similar genres for a single type into 1.

The problem is that some of my music have genres that make no sense or are illegible which I can't tell this tool how to deal with as I don't know!

I was just asking what people used to sort their music meta data out with.

mp3tag is popular and effective. I've used it. It will also display characters that are not properly displayed in other programs, which could be what you are seeing. 

• Like 1

techywarrior

Clicking on the "remove" icon brings up a modal that warns you about removing the genre... problem is the text says "Remove null from available genres?"

Seems to be a bug in pulling the name from the object. Always says "null"

A second issue I found is harder to figure out because I can't tell the exact genre name and/or special character that is triggering it.

I have a genre in my music that displays as "Rap &" but trying to map it to another genre fails. It's the only genre that I have noticed that has the problem and I suspect that there is a special character causing it. It's not the ampersand because I have other genres with ampersands that are working correctly.

Excellent! It works really well, very easy to understand and setup! Well done, adopted :)

1 thing that may be missing (or maybe I missed it): the capability to delete a genre (map it to nothing). Some genres make no sense for specific users, best example is Foreign and its derivative.

OK forget it I did not read the top level comment  :) just need to remove it from the list, and it will simply disappear. It does everything as it should, thanks very much ebr

Edited by xliv