update to 4.6.2.0 removed all downloaded music from all devices

Oceanus

Oceanus

Unfortunately the update to 4.6.2.0 removed all downloaded music from all devices. "manage downloads" list everything with 0 tracks now.

Hi, this is the first we've heard or seen of this.  Do all your music files appear properly in your libraries?

Oceanus

Yes, all the files still appear properly. There is even no problem playing them, just the downloads disappeared. 

Oceanus

Yes, i can manually download them again, which works fine. But i don't want to need all my users to reorganize every download they ever made. So maybe you could fix the bug? 

justinrh
On 6/6/2021 at 11:03 PM, Oceanus said:

Unfortunately the update to 4.6.2.0 removed all downloaded music from all devices. "manage downloads" list everything with 0 tracks now.

Am I reading this right?  A server update caused downloads on devices to be deleted?  I'm not familiar with the download functionality, so I'm ignorant about it, but how can this be?  Does Emby track and control what has been downloaded?

The server does as some download might be to keep x non watched episodes available.

What likely happened was during the update a library scan was aborted and didn't run until later. The download handler then thought the files were removed and synced this info to the client which would have removed the files.

Oceanus
14 hours ago, cayars said:

What likely happened was during the update a library scan was aborted and didn't run until later. The download handler then thought the files were removed and synced this info to the client which would have removed the files.

I do not think so. The entries still appear in "manage downloads", so wouldn't the client just download them again after the first complete library scan? In my opinion it is likelier the migration in 4.6.2.0 changed the identifier of the albums. The albums are still there and appear to be the same to me, but are not the same items for emby anymore.

I honestly don't know @Oceanus as that was just a hunch.  You're the only person I've seen report anything like this so it' was just speculation on my part.
You are probably correct about the IDs.

justinrh
22 hours ago, cayars said:

The server does as some download might be to keep x non watched episodes available.

(sorry to side-track this post, but I'm trying to understand)

@cayars Can you re-word?  Exactly what is being downloaded to where from where?

This is in reference to what is now called "download to" but used to be called sync feature.  Basically where you could do something like keep 5 unwatched episodes of a TV Series synced between the server and a mobile device for offline playback.  The download to is pretty flexible in setup and above was just an example but it's this type of sync between client and Emby server being talked about here.

• Like 1

I did not see this with my test devices but I will try to chase down why it happened. Thanks for reporting.

brentrad

When I updated Emby server to 4.6.2.0 this last weekend, it set all my playlists to blank (the playlist shows as blank in Emby clients, but if you open the actual xml playlist files the track names and data is still in there - Emby just can't see it apparently.) I had my "Favorite Tracks" playlist set to sync and download the tracks to my smartphone. When the playlist showed to Emby as blank, Emby went ahead and synced that blank playlist to my smartphone - resulting in those tracks getting deleted from my smartphone.

Wondering if something similar to this might be happening to @Oceanus

I've also posted about my above issue in another forum post. Haven't resolved this issue yet, attempting to figure out if there's any way to get my playlist back. I don't have a backup (my bad.)