Upgraded to Nvidia 8.2.3 & No Sound for Blu-Ray & 4K

JulesC
Go to solution Solved by JulesC,

JulesC
Since I upgraded my Nvidia Shield TV Pro 2019 to 8.2.3, from Emby my remux (.MKV) for Blu Rays and 4K are no longer playing sound. What’s interesting is even though no sounds are emitted, if I try to turn up the volume my soundbar doesn’t blink like normal, but if I try to turn down the volume it blinks. My DVD remux work fine. It all worked fine prior to upgrading.

FYI - I can play the Blu Ray and 4K movies from my Emby app on my HTPC and iPhone just fine. 

I'm running Emby Server 4.6.2.0 on my Synology NAS 1520+ / DSM 6.2

All streaming services; Amazon Prime, Disney+, etc. are all working as expected. 

Today, I reset Nvidia Shield TV Pro 2019 to factory default, configured it and installed Emby, and same results - no improvements!

I've attached the server logs in hopes that it can help solve this issue.

Any suggestions on how I can resolve this? TIA

embyserver-63758534400.txt embyserver.txt

Hi there, can you please go over a specific example of what you're playing? Thanks.

JulesC
8 minutes ago, Luke said:

Hi there, can you please go over a specific example of what you're playing? Thanks.

@Luke Thanks for the response. Any Blu-Ray or 4K movie (remux / .MKV); Blu-Ray: The Secret Garden, Wayne's World 2, 4K: Hunger Games. They work fine playing them from my HTPC & iPhone

Edited by JulesC

Hi. I would check the audio settings on the device itself and then also connections.

JulesC
On 6/6/2021 at 2:23 PM, ebr said:

Hi. I would check the audio settings on the device itself and then also connections.

@ebr thank you. I have checked the audio settings and all connections. However, I’m still experiencing some issues. 
Interesting, on the Blu-Ray remux some will play. If not, if I change Audio from “DTS 5.1” to “AC3 stereo” it plays audio, but not with DTS 5.1. Some 4Ks work with TrueHD 7.1 and if not, I change it to AC3 5.1 or AC3 Stereo and they play. Never had any of these problems  before. Any ideas?

12 minutes ago, JulesC said:

@ebr thank you. I have checked the audio settings and all connections. However, I’m still experiencing some issues. 
Interesting, on the Blu-Ray remux some will play. If not, if I change Audio from “DTS 5.1” to “AC3 stereo” it plays audio, but not with DTS 5.1. Some 4Ks work with TrueHD 7.1 and if not, I change it to AC3 5.1 or AC3 Stereo and they play. Never had any of these problems  before. Any ideas?

Can you send a log from the app during playback of one of those items that has an audio issue?

JulesC
34 minutes ago, ebr said:

Can you send a log from the app during playback of one of those items that has an audio issue?

@ebr  sorry for the naive question, do you mean the server log? Wasn’t sure how I could get a log from my Nvidia. Thank you for your help!

vdatanet
6 minutes ago, JulesC said:

@ebr  sorry for the naive question, do you mean the server log? Wasn’t sure how I could get a log from my Nvidia. Thank you for your help!

Enable Debug Options and then in user menu, (click on your avatar) and select option Send logs.

JulesC

@ebr attached is the log files. Hope this provides some helpful information. Let me know if you need anything else. Thanks.

embyserver (1).txt

UPDATE
Remux with audio = TrueHD (5.1 or (7.1) appears to work for Blu-Ray and 4K movies. However, any remux with Audio = “DTS” it will not play. Hope this helps. 

Edited by JulesC

17 hours ago, JulesC said:

Hi.  Click the link in my message above and follow the instructions for sending a log from the app.  Then provide the requested information here.

Thanks.

• Solution
JulesC

@ebr & @vdatanet UPDATE:

The issues I encountered had nothing to do with Nvidia update / Emby. The problems were a result of firmware updates for Sonos Arc, which forced an update for HDFury Arcana. My system is finally working again.

Thanks for your attempts to assist me.