Memory Usage - Ubuntu 20.04

mirdragon

mirdragon

I've noticed Emby running on Ubuntu 20.04 is using over 4.5GB of memory - I've disabled DLNA thinking it was this using all the memory, but it isn't as even after a reboot of the server it's the same usage.

It's the highest memory hogging app on the system

emby = 4.43GB after reboot

channels-dvr = 1.4GB

plex = 250Mb (approx)

hdhomerun = 20Mb

running emby 4.6.2.0

No clients are currently accessing Emby for media playback, Emby is also not recording

Hi there, please attach the emby server log from when this occurred. Thanks.

mirdragon

@Lukelog attached

looking further into how webmin reports the usage

Memory
In this mode, processes are ordered by the amount of memory they are using up, with those using the most memory shown at the top of the page. A processes memory usage is not always indicative of the amount of memory it is really using, because processes often share memory with each other.

But still quite high when compared with the likes of Plex, which used to use that much when running the dlna side

embyserver.txt

Q-Droid

Make sure you're looking at Resident memory usage and not Virtual. Resident is the actual memory footprint for the process and Virtual is mapped space that includes more than just RAM so it looks bigger but is not consuming it.

• 2 weeks later...
mirdragon

Hi Luke,

I'll just be keeping an eye on it,

I ended up performing a clean install as realised that ubuntu had only assigned a small partition for working on, when switched it to another machine and not sure if this was contributing to some of the issues, but it is still the highest memory user in processes compared to everything else on the system and that's even when not in use by a client

regards

• Thanks 1