Emby doesn't respect folder location like 4.5.4.0

gokuz

pünktchen

For me it works perfectly in 4.7.0.2 with online metadata disabled and existing nfo files. Neither the filename, nor the season folder does matter! Only the numbers from inside the nfo are used to show the episode in the specified season. And that is the correct behaviour imho.

Episode "Wahre Freundschaft" is not shown under season one because the nfo has <season>2</season>:

Picture1.bmp

wrong_number.thumb.PNG.629968f07431abb9d2363b2098f0eed4.PNG

Either by using <displayseason> (or by changing it to <season>1</season>) the episode is shown under season one:

Picture2.bmp

correct_number.thumb.PNG.ae3e40f2dd7d46fcd08d1319205a01c6.PNG

Edited by pünktchen
  • Thanks 1

Happy2Play
12 minutes ago, cayars said:

@Happy2Play did you move files that already had proper NFO files with correct meta-data in them?  When I do this as mentioned many times it really doesn't matter where the files are moved to on my system as they have already been IDed.

If it's new files (no NFO) then I too get strange results like you see which is unsupported and likely a side effect of trying to support flat folders as well as seasons.

I don't see a difference in the nfo made when in Season 1 folder or moved from Season 2 folder, just that the UI shows the episode in both seasons when improperly placed.

gokuz
2 hours ago, Happy2Play said:

To me both versions are wrong in this scenario.  One has a slightly different order at season level but that is it.

Both versions show episodes in wrong season folder in both seasons in the UI in both 4.5 and 4.6.

But at the same time there has never been true support for this situation of wrong episodes in season folders.

4.5 Season 1

4.5_s1.thumb.jpg.2c1c54d15ad2373b13a08c43aec2c513.jpg

4.5 Season 2

4_5s2.thumb.jpg.81c82f5439b3881ac15d892a99ab23ee.jpg

So episode is counted twice, once in Season 1 and in Season 2.  This happened in both 4.5 and 4.6

Only difference I get is episode order in 4.6 where there are episodes that don't belong.

257253612_4.6order.thumb.jpg.5f7995bc5931d661893c5dd9ce45408b.jpg

Both show this

season.jpg.a9c2f0481a6fab119323cf3a409f72d6.jpg

Season 1 does have 3 item even though only 2 are truly Season 1

Season 2 has 1 physical item but do to naming shows S02E01-E06 item also.

So in my opinion BOTH versions are defective when it comes to this scenario.  Unsupported

Are you using nfo in those scenarios? No online scraping involved.

gokuz
1 hour ago, pünktchen said:

For me it works perfectly in 4.7.0.2 with online metadata disabled and existing nfo files. Neither the filename, nor the season folder does matter! Only the numbers from inside the nfo are used to show the episode in the specified season. And that is the correct behaviour imho.

Episode "Wahre Freundschaft" is not shown under season one because the nfo has <season>2</season>:

Picture1.bmp 6.59 MB · 0 downloads

wrong_number.thumb.PNG.629968f07431abb9d2363b2098f0eed4.PNG

Either by using <displayseason> (or by changing it to <season>1</season>) the episode is shown under season one:

Picture2.bmp 6.56 MB · 0 downloads

correct_number.thumb.PNG.ae3e40f2dd7d46fcd08d1319205a01c6.PNG

In 4.5.4.0,you don't need to change nfo. It will automatically show in your seasons.

gokuz
2 hours ago, Happy2Play said:

To me both versions are wrong in this scenario.  One has a slightly different order at season level but that is it.

Both versions show episodes in wrong season folder in both seasons in the UI in both 4.5 and 4.6.

But at the same time there has never been true support for this situation of wrong episodes in season folders.

4.5 Season 1

4.5_s1.thumb.jpg.2c1c54d15ad2373b13a08c43aec2c513.jpg

4.5 Season 2

4_5s2.thumb.jpg.81c82f5439b3881ac15d892a99ab23ee.jpg

So episode is counted twice, once in Season 1 and in Season 2.  This happened in both 4.5 and 4.6

Only difference I get is episode order in 4.6 where there are episodes that don't belong.

257253612_4.6order.thumb.jpg.5f7995bc5931d661893c5dd9ce45408b.jpg

Both show this

season.jpg.a9c2f0481a6fab119323cf3a409f72d6.jpg

Season 1 does have 3 item even though only 2 are truly Season 1

Season 2 has 1 physical item but do to naming shows S02E01-E06 item also.

So in my opinion BOTH versions are defective when it comes to this scenario.  Unsupported

There's something wrong with your episodes, if you're using .NFO, it will show episode number ONLY. Not 1-6. 

See my first post

Happy2Play
7 minutes ago, gokuz said:

Are you using nfo in those scenarios? No online scraping involved.

Don't see how it matters but will test as the nfo contains wrong season for where it is.  And changing season will make a multi-version for said item.

Just now, gokuz said:

There's something wrong with your episodes, if you're using .NFO, it will show episode number ONLY. Not 1-6. 

See my first post

Guess I am missing something then as nfo contains exactly what the name does, Season and episode numbers.

gokuz
8 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

Don't see how it matters but will test as the nfo contains wrong season for where it is.  And changing season will make a multi-version for said item.

Guess I am missing something then as nfo contains exactly what the name does, Season and episode numbers.

Agreed, 4.6.x.x shows both location and nfo.

4.5.4.0 only shows location.

Your nfo are definitely wrong. Its showing all episode names from 1-6 in 1 line.

Happy2Play
1 minute ago, gokuz said:

4.5.4.0 only shows location.

Not for me per images above.

2 minutes ago, gokuz said:

Your nfo are definitely wrong. Its showing all episode names from 1-6 in 1 line.

No Emby has always done this for multi-episode files.  Emby does not currently support multi episodedetails in one nfo file.  But that is discussed in its own topic.

gokuz
2 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

Not for me per images above.

No Emby has always done this for multi-episode files.  Emby does not currently support multi episodedetails in one nfo file.  But that is discussed in its own topic.

Wait, you're using 1 NFO for 6 episodes? That's where you're doing it wrong.

image.png.79eb5d95aa77662b408fc676b9ce3f1a.png

You need to have each nfo for each file.

Happy2Play

Wait, you're using 1 NFO for 6 episodes? That's where you're doing it wrong.

NO 1 episode contains 6 similar to your example 

4 hours ago, Happy2Play said:

Example, episode S02E01-04 goes to Season 1. Now season 2 starts with S02E05.

1 file 4 episode ie 1 nfo file

But this should be irrelevant.

gokuz

Then you got my statement wrong. its S02E01, S02E02,S02E03,S02E04 into Season 1. Its not a multi episode file. 

gokuz
4 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

NO 1 episode contains 6 similar to your example 

My first post explains everything. I highly think you missed it. Do read it up.

Happy2Play
4 minutes ago, gokuz said:

My first post explains everything. I highly think you missed it. Do read it up.

I did but obliviously it am not getting your point as Emby is doing what it should in 4.6.

I am not getting the same results as you in 4.5 but will add the exact same series on post my result but will speculate I will get the exact same result I did with the series I used.  Both version technically showing Wrong information.

Either way what you are doing has never been supported even if it previously worked.

But overall nfo metadata is needed as wrong episode in wrong season has what metadata?

Edited by Happy2Play

gokuz

Both version technically showing Wrong information.

PM'd you the nfo for those 6 episode. Do test again

Happy2Play

I am guessing here since Emby does not write "displayseason, displayepisode", I would assume does not use these fields either.

gokuz
4 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

I am guessing here since Emby does not write "displayseason, displayepisode", I would assume does not use these fields either.

Yea you can omit those.

Happy2Play

I see a slight difference but technically neither version truly honor Season/Episode metadata.  So sort and count have changed in new version.

I would never expect a item with Season 2 in its metadata to appear in Season 1 not matter how you arrange them.

I would say both are broke for this scenario.

Edited by Happy2Play

gokuz
12 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

Season 2 in its metadata to appear in Season 1 not matter how you arrange them.

This is what I want. And this is what 4.5.4.0 has, and 4.6.x.x dont.

So its working as per my first post?

Season 1 shows S01E01-S01E07,S02E01,S02E02,S02E03,S02E04,S02E05,S02E06

Season 2 shows S02E07-S02E13.

Is this correct in 4.5.4.0?

Happy2Play

This is what I want. And this is what 4.5.4.0 has, and 4.6.x.x dont.

So its working as per my first post?

Season 1 shows S01E01-S01E07,S02E01,S02E02,S02E03,S02E04,S02E05,S02E06

Season 2 shows S02E07-S02E13.

Is this correct in 4.5.4.0?

But just because it worked does not mean it was ever supported but only the Dev can make the decision it they are willing to support it.

If it were me, no that should have never worked.

@Luke

Edited by Happy2Play

gokuz
14 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

But just because it worked does not mean it was ever supported but only the Dev can make the decision it they are willing to support it.

If it were me, no that should have never worked.

@Luke

Awesome, thanks for testing.

The only reason I posted this is because 4.5.4.0 has it.

If 4.5 didn't have it in the first place I would post this in the Features Section.

The fact that 4.5.4.0 has it and 4.6.x.x don't just means something was broken during the update process.

Hope luke can fix this like how he fixed folder names.

pünktchen
3 hours ago, Happy2Play said:

Emby uses displayepisode and displayseason! See the second picture of my last post.

gokuz
36 minutes ago, pünktchen said:

Emby uses displayepisode and displayseason! See the second picture of my last post.

Sure, but I just use the normal way to make everything standard.

<season>2</season>
 <episode>1</episode>

Its all you need. 

pünktchen

That's also okay, but for your "A Computer Murder Case" example it should be <season>1</season> and <episode>43</episode> then.

gokuz
20 minutes ago, pünktchen said:

That's also okay, but for your "A Computer Murder Case" example it should be <season>1</season> and <episode>43</episode> then.

Why?

pünktchen

Because you want it to be shown under season 1, after the last episode???!!!