views based on songs instead of albums

KryptonicBe
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

KryptonicBe

Hi

I found some older topics here from 2019 where someone mentioned this as a possible new feature for the future.
Are there any plans for Emby to support views based on songs instead of albums?

My music collection is based on songs (bought from Itunes or Beatport) and not based on albums.
I edit the metadata with mp3tag, every song has the correct tags so when I use my DJ Software (Serato or Recordbox) I can search or filter songs based on genre, year(s), titles, artist,... without any problem.

Will it be possible in the future to do something similar in Emby?

• Solution

Hi, many of our apps have a Songs tab in the music library where you can view all songs in your library. From there you can sort, filter, etc.

KryptonicBe

Hi Luke

Thank you for your suggestion, I already tried the song tab before but I had some issues because the tags of some of my songs were not showing there (even if the tag existed).
I cleaned up all duplicate and unnecessary tags (including some album information I don't need) with with MusicBrainz Picard and now it works much better!

It would be nice to have the possibility to filter multiple years, for example all Pop songs between between 1990 and 1999 🙂
I hope some extra filter options will be added in the future or some new tabs focussed on songs like the "song" tab you currently have. 
I know all popular media/music servers (or streaming services) are focussed on album views but I'm sure there are a lot of people or DJs like me that have music collection based on songs.

I'm fairly new to Emby, but overall I like the clean interface and once the meta tags are setup correctly it seems to work wel.
Keep up the good work!

KryptonicBe

Thanks for the information, I'm currently on version 4.5.4.0_1 running on a FreeNAS server (v 11.3U5).
I can't update to release 4.6 yet but I'm sure it will be available soon.

• Thanks 1