Dependency ocl-icd missing

cgcmgr

cgcmgr

Hello,

I have been updating my emby server on my FreeNas-11.2-U8 system for quite some time now.  Just tried to update to emby 4.6.2.0 from 4.5.4.0 and I'm getting a message that I'm missing the ocl-icd dependency.  I cannot seem to install it.  Any suggestions?  Please see my attachment for steps and the error.

I use this command to install 4.6.2.0:

pkg add -f https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Emby.Releases/releases/download/4.6.2.0/emby-server-freebsd11_4.6.2.0_amd64.txzhttps://github.com/MediaBrowser/Emby.Releases/releases/download/4.6.2.0/emby-server-freebsd11_4.6.2.0_amd64.txz

I use this command to install the ocl-icd dependency:

pkg install ocl-icd

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks,

Chris

Emby Error.JPG

cgcmgr

Hey,

Thanks for responding.

As far as I know, it is fully updated.  Please see screen captures.  In the drop down for updates, there is a 11.3 I can choose, didn't think i should since I'm using 11.2.  If I choose the 11.3 in the drop down, will I get updated to 11.3 or is this just for those with 11.3 already?

Nas.JPG

Updates.JPG

Capture.JPG

MRobi

11.2 is from back in 2018. 11.3 launched in Jan 2020 followed by 12.0 which released in October. They're now at 12.1 in beta. 

So you're a few years behind in updates. You should update to 11.3 and then go back in and you should see the 12.0 train in there.

cgcmgr

So I should be able to just hit the drop down and select 11.3 and my FreeNas will get updated to 11.3 and then do the same for 12?  Never knew that.  I always just looked at the available updates for the 11.2.  You learn something new every day.

Thanks,

appreciate the assistance.

Chris

MRobi
10 hours ago, cgcmgr said:

So I should be able to just hit the drop down and select 11.3 and my FreeNas will get updated to 11.3 and then do the same for 12?  Never knew that.  I always just looked at the available updates for the 11.2.  You learn something new every day.

Thanks,

appreciate the assistance.

Chris

Correct! 

You're likely not able to install that dependency because it's no longer supported on 11.2 so moving to a newer train should fix you up. 

cgcmgr
MRobi

Technically correct! Assuming you've updated your jail to 12.0 as well.

iocage upgrade -r 12.1-RELEASE jailname

cgcmgr

I really appreciate your replies and helping me with this.  I just want to make sure updating the jail to 12 won't affect my Emby Server.  It should still work under version 4.5.4.0 without issue?  Then I can update to 4.6.2.0 using the freebsd12 link?

And the command you laid out.  I'm going to my TrueNAS shell and typing that command substituting the name of my jail for jailname, in my case emby (see attachment)

iocage upgrade -r 12.1-RELEASE emby

What happens if I just choose the update option?

Chris

Jail.JPG

Edited by cgcmgr

MRobi
On 09/06/2021 at 07:42, cgcmgr said:

I really appreciate your replies and helping me with this.  I just want to make sure updating the jail to 12 won't affect my Emby Server.  It should still work under version 4.5.4.0 without issue?  Then I can update to 4.6.2.0 using the freebsd12 link?

And the command you laid out.  I'm going to my TrueNAS shell and typing that command substituting the name of my jail for jailname, in my case emby (see attachment)

iocage upgrade -r 12.1-RELEASE emby

What happens if I just choose the update option?

Chris

Jail.JPG

Going from an 11 based jail to a 12 based jail will cause emby to break until you update it to a 12 based image. 

You should be able to update the jail just fine from the GUI. 

• Like 1

cgcmgr

Once again, thanks for the help with this.  Hopefully I won't continue bothering you.  So right now my Nas is on 12.0 and my jail is based on 11.2.  If I use the below command, emby should update to 4.6.2.0, correct?

pkg add -f https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Emby.Releases/releases/download/4.6.2.0/emby-server-freebsd11_4.6.2.0_amd64.txz since this is for the 11.2 jail.

I normally go to the Nas, stop the Jail and then go to the Shell and type iocage console emby and then finally enter the above command.  However, if I stop the Jail now that my nas is on 12.0 and I type iocage console emby, I get a message saying emby is not running.  Can I just type the above command in the shell without going to iocage console emby?

Or maybe I need to update the Jail to 12 and then go to iocage console emby and perform this command:

pkg add -f https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Emby.Releases/releases/download/4.6.2.0/emby-server-freebsd12_4.6.2.0_amd64.txz

I just don't want to mess up the emby server.  I want to get this right.

Thanks,

Chris

You could try the first option and then update the jail to 12 if you have an issue.

cgcmgr

Thanks Luke, but the first option does not allow me access the emby console (iocage console emby) when the jail is stopped as it did in the past.  I tried updating to 4.6.2.0 without stopping the jail and I got the same original error I got regarding the dependency - missing dependency 'ocl-icd'

My next step will be to update my Jail to 12, and update emby to 4.6.2.0 using pkg add -f https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Emby.Releases/releases/download/4.6.2.0/emby-server-freebsd12_4.6.2.0_amd64.txz

I'm just hoping this doesn't mess things up and I'm able to update emby without the ocl-icd message, otherwise I'm screwed and will have to start building the emby server all over again, which I do not want to do.

Also, should the jail be running or stopped when trying to update emby?  Instructions say to stop the jail and I have always stopped the jail.  After updating to TrueNas 12, if I stop the jail and try to get to the emby console, I get a message saying emby isn't running.  So do we no longer have to stop the jail using TrueNas 12 when updating emby?

cgcmgr

Guys, I really do appreciate all the help, but it still isn't working.  Here is what I have been doing

1.  Access NAS shell

2. Type iocage console emby

3. Type service emby-server stop

4. Type pkg add -https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Emby.Releases/releases/download/4.6.2.0/emby-server-freebsd11_4.6.2.0_amd64.txz

I get the same error, missing dependency 'ocl-icd'

The only thing I can think of is updating the Jail to 12.0, but according to MRobi, that will break emby.  If I then update emby to 4.6.2.0 using the freebsd12 version I should be good.  I'm just worried I will experience the same error about the dependency.  If this happens, I won't have a working emby server and wont be able to update it.  

I even tried running pkg install ocl-icd and received a message saying "No packages available to install matching 'ocl-icd' have been found.  I was hoping by updating to TryeNas 12 , I'd have that dependency or at least be able to add it.

Any suggestions?

MRobi
13 hours ago, cgcmgr said:

Guys, I really do appreciate all the help, but it still isn't working.  Here is what I have been doing

1.  Access NAS shell

2. Type iocage console emby

3. Type service emby-server stop

4. Type pkg add -https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Emby.Releases/releases/download/4.6.2.0/emby-server-freebsd11_4.6.2.0_amd64.txz

I get the same error, missing dependency 'ocl-icd'

The only thing I can think of is updating the Jail to 12.0, but according to MRobi, that will break emby.  If I then update emby to 4.6.2.0 using the freebsd12 version I should be good.  I'm just worried I will experience the same error about the dependency.  If this happens, I won't have a working emby server and wont be able to update it.  

I even tried running pkg install ocl-icd and received a message saying "No packages available to install matching 'ocl-icd' have been found.  I was hoping by updating to TryeNas 12 , I'd have that dependency or at least be able to add it.

Any suggestions?

You should be fine upgrading your jail to 12, moving to the new 12 based emby pkg and installing the needed dependencies.

But if you're worried, here's what I would do to test it.

Create a new blank jail. Name it whatever you want.

Go into shell and iocage console NEWJAILNAME

Then run pkg install ocl-icd

If it installs, you know you're good when you update your emby jail to 12. :)

• 4 months later...

Hi MRobi,

Sorry for the extremely late response.  I have been putting this off as more important things have come up and I'm ready to give it a try.  This post is going to be long and drawn out, but I just wanted you to see exactly what I have done.

I have UPDATED TO TrueNAS 12.0-U6 (See Attachment Version)

My Emby Jail is based upon 11.2-RELEASE-p15

I created a Jail named New:

-          I chose Default for Jail Type

-          Selected 12.0-RELEASE since my TrueNAS is 12.0-U6

-          Checked DHCP Autoconfigue IPv4 & clicked on next

-          Clicked on Submit

-          Received Attachment #1 and the Jail created

-          It is based upon 12.0-RELEASE-p13

I started the New Jail

I went to the Shell and types iocage console New

I typed pkg install ocl-icd, hit enter and received Attachment #2

I hit “Y” and then enter and received Attachment #3

I hit “Y” and then enter and received Attachment #4

I hit “Y” and then enter and received Attachment #5

I hit “Y” and then enter and received Attachment #6 – Looks like it completed and installed, so I guess if I update my Emby Jail, I will be able to install the ocl-icd Dependency

Here is the Complete  Process.

Last login: Mon Nov  8 18:17:51 on pts/3

FreeBSD 12.2-RELEASE-p10 b26f74b5984(HEAD) TRUENAS

TrueNAS (c) 2009-2021, iXsystems, Inc.

All rights reserved.

TrueNAS code is released under the modified BSD license with some

files copyrighted by (c) iXsystems, Inc.

For more information, documentation, help or support, go here:

http://truenas.com

Welcome to FreeNAS

Warning: settings changed through the CLI are not written to

the configuration database and will be reset on reboot.

root@freenas[~]# iocage console TEST

FreeBSD 12.2-RELEASE-p10 b26f74b5984(HEAD) TRUENAS

Welcome to FreeBSD!

Release Notes, Errata: https://www.FreeBSD.org/releases/

Security Advisories:   https://www.FreeBSD.org/security/

FreeBSD Handbook:      https://www.FreeBSD.org/handbook/

FreeBSD FAQ:           https://www.FreeBSD.org/faq/

Questions List: https://lists.FreeBSD.org/mailman/listinfo/freebsd-questions/

FreeBSD Forums:        https://forums.FreeBSD.org/

Documents installed with the system are in the /usr/local/share/doc/freebsd/

directory, or can be installed later with:  pkg install en-freebsd-doc

For other languages, replace "en" with a language code like de or fr.

Show the version of FreeBSD installed:  freebsd-version ; uname -a

Please include that output and any error messages when posting questions.

Introduction to manual pages:  man man

FreeBSD directory layout:      man hier

Edit /etc/motd to change this login announcement.

root@TEST:~ # pkg install ocl-icd

The package management tool is not yet installed on your system.

Do you want to fetch and install it now? [y/N]: y

Bootstrapping pkg from pkg+http://pkg.FreeBSD.org/FreeBSD:12:amd64/quarterly, please wait...

Verifying signature with trusted certificate pkg.freebsd.org.2013102301... done

[TEST] Installing pkg-1.17.2...

Newer FreeBSD version for package pkg:

To ignore this error set IGNORE_OSVERSION=yes

- package: 1202000

- running kernel: 1200086

Ignore the mismatch and continue? [y/N]: y

[TEST] Extracting pkg-1.17.2: 100%

Updating FreeBSD repository catalogue...

[TEST] Fetching meta.conf: 100%    163 B   0.2kB/s    00:01

[TEST] Fetching packagesite.pkg: 100%    6 MiB   6.7MB/s    00:01

Processing entries:   0%

Newer FreeBSD version for package web-mode-emacs27:

To ignore this error set IGNORE_OSVERSION=yes

- package: 1202000

- running kernel: 1200086

Ignore the mismatch and continue? [y/N]: y

Processing entries: 100%

FreeBSD repository update completed. 31246 packages processed.

All repositories are up to date.

Updating database digests format: 100%

The following 1 package(s) will be affected (of 0 checked):

te.

All repositories are up to date.

The following 1 package(s) will be affected (of 0 checked):

New packages to be INSTALLED:

ocl-icd: 2.2.13

Number of packages to be installed: 1

44 KiB to be downloaded.

Proceed with this action? [y/N]: y

[New] [1/1] Fetching Ocl-icd-2.2.13.pkg: 100%   44 KiB   45.3kB/s    00:01

Checking integrity… done (0 conflicting)

[New] [1/1] Installing ocl-icd-2.2.13…

[New] [1/1] Extracting ocl-icd-2.2.13: 100%

root@New:~ #

A Few Questions:

1.      Is it ok to ignore these mismatches (package vs kernel?)

2.      My version of TrueNAS shows as 12.0-U6, but when I enter the shell is shows FreeBSD 12.2-RELEASE-p10, why?

3.      When creating my “New” Jail for testing, I had a choice to choose the Release.  It can be 11.2, 11.3, 11.4, 12.0, 12.1 or 12.2.

a.      What do I choose?  Do I choose based on my TrueNAS version?  Since I’m on 12.0-U6, I choose 12.0-RELEASE.  Is that correct?

4.      Since I can create a Jail based on the 12.2-RELEASE, is there actually a 12.2 TrueNAS RELEASE that I can update to?  If so, how do I get it?

5.      Lastly, when updating my Emby Jail so that I can install the ocl-icd dependency, what RELEASE do I update the Emby Jail to?  Again, my current version of TrueNAS is 12.0-U6

6.      As another test, I created a new Jail based of off 11.2 and was able to install the ocl-icd dependency using pkg install ocl-icd.

a.      I Just tried updating emby to 4.6.4.0 using the command below in “b” without installing the ocl-icd dependency.  In June it failed saying I needed ocl-icd, today I received Attachment #7.

b.       pkg add –f https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Emby.Releases/releases/download/4.6.4.0/emby-server-freebsd11_4.6.4.0_amd64.txz

c.       Looks like I will have to update the emby Jail to get newer versions of emby

d.      So again, what version do I update the emby Jail to?

Thanks for all your help with this.

Attachment #1.JPG

Attachment #2.JPG

Attachment #3.JPG

Attachment #4.JPG

Attachment #5.JPG

Attachment #6.JPG

Attachment #7.JPG

Version.JPG

alucryd
On 11/9/2021 at 12:43 PM, cgcmgr said:

A Few Questions:

1.      Is it ok to ignore these mismatches (package vs kernel?)

2.      My version of TrueNAS shows as 12.0-U6, but when I enter the shell is shows FreeBSD 12.2-RELEASE-p10, why?

3.      When creating my “New” Jail for testing, I had a choice to choose the Release.  It can be 11.2, 11.3, 11.4, 12.0, 12.1 or 12.2.

a.      What do I choose?  Do I choose based on my TrueNAS version?  Since I’m on 12.0-U6, I choose 12.0-RELEASE.  Is that correct?

4.      Since I can create a Jail based on the 12.2-RELEASE, is there actually a 12.2 TrueNAS RELEASE that I can update to?  If so, how do I get it?

5.      Lastly, when updating my Emby Jail so that I can install the ocl-icd dependency, what RELEASE do I update the Emby Jail to?  Again, my current version of TrueNAS is 12.0-U6

6.      As another test, I created a new Jail based of off 11.2 and was able to install the ocl-icd dependency using pkg install ocl-icd.

a.      I Just tried updating emby to 4.6.4.0 using the command below in “b” without installing the ocl-icd dependency.  In June it failed saying I needed ocl-icd, today I received Attachment #7.

b.       pkg add –f https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Emby.Releases/releases/download/4.6.4.0/emby-server-freebsd11_4.6.4.0_amd64.txz

c.       Looks like I will have to update the emby Jail to get newer versions of emby

d.      So again, what version do I update the emby Jail to?

1. Yes, these are ok to ignore.

2. The base system and jails are 2 completely different entities. As you noticed afterwards, you could even create an 11 jail on truenas 12.

3. Best choose the latest, in this case 12.2.

4. 12.0-U6 is the name of the TrueNAS release, it is as the time of writing based on FreeBSD 12.2, you can keep it updated via System -> Update in the web interface.

5. Our package will almost always be built for the latest release, at the time of writing 12.2.

6. 11 jails are best used on FreeNAS, on TrueNAS you should go with 12, and install the our freebsd12 package.

Edited by alucryd

• 3 weeks later...