Sort by channel numbers

horstepipe

horstepipe

Hello

looks like it isn’t possible to sort by channel numbers if channels are sorted into tags (groups). 

Would you please mind adding it or are there some limitations which doesn’t make it possible?

Edited by horstepipe
  • Agree 1

Hi, could you elaborate a bit more on what you see as a problem with channel sorting?

37 minutes ago, cayars said:

Hi, could you elaborate a bit more on what you see as a problem with channel sorting?

Group channels by tag and then enter one of the groups that is produced.  Now, "Channel Number" is no longer a sort option because the UI is not really aware that the content of the group (tag) is nothing but channels.

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

horstepipe
4 hours ago, ebr said:

Group channels by tag and then enter one of the groups that is produced.  Now, "Channel Number" is no longer a sort option because the UI is not really aware that the content of the group (tag) is nothing but channels.

So you got my point. Is this something you‘re going to look at?

• 1 month later...
horstepipe

so @ebris this something which is on the horizon, around the next three months?
If not I'll think about workarounds, e.g. giving all my channels numbers so I can sort by name.

Edited by horstepipe

On 7/8/2021 at 10:09 AM, horstepipe said:

so @ebris this something which is on the horizon, around the next three months?
If not I'll think about workarounds, e.g. giving all my channels numbers so I can sort by name.

You can edit and set channels numbers now correct?

horstepipe

no 🙂

by

e.g. giving all my channels numbers so I can sort by name

I meant giving the channel names a pre-number so I can sort by title

3 hours ago, cayars said:

You can edit and set channels numbers now correct?

Pressed Live TV -> Tags -> Picked a Tag. Now channel number sorting is missing. Wondering about it too. Not great to add the channel number to the display name as workaround. 

Screenshot_20210714_214539.jpg

Edited by Blob

Yep. It isn't aware those tags are Live TV. Because you entered via tags. It believes they are type: tags. Tags are "usually" only movies, tv shows, music and those fields work.

There is a special "Channel Tag" but it might not associate the correct fields for Live TV into the dialog yet. It might assume all tags use movie and tv show fields which is incorrect when it comes to Live TV.

@Luke

Edited by speechles

horstepipe
On 7/14/2021 at 9:43 PM, Blob said:

Not great to add the channel number to the display name as workaround.

yeah I agree lol.

mhh maybe there's another workarount until this if fixed? Currently my ppl can't really use iptv in emby as they don't find anything in that chaos lol. There are the "sort by" fields "file name" and "title". How do they differ? Maybe one of them can be used (by adjusting the m3u somehow) to sort the channels?

6 minutes ago, horstepipe said:

yeah I agree lol.

mhh maybe there's another workarount until this if fixed? Currently my ppl can't really use iptv in emby as they don't find anything in that chaos lol. There are the "sort by" fields "file name" and "title". How do they differ? Maybe one of them can be used (by adjusting the m3u somehow) to sort the channels?

Can't they use the guide view, and set the guide to those tags only then?

Guide tag settings

Screenshot_20210716_085946.jpg

Edited by Blob
  • Thanks 1

horstepipe
1 minute ago, Blob said:

Can't they use the guide view, and set the guide to those tags only then?

not sure if understand this correctly. But filtering the guide to specific tags is only available on Android TV and is quiet hidden.

On 7/16/2021 at 3:01 AM, horstepipe said:

and is quiet hidden

Why do you feel it is hidden?  It is accessed the same way as all the other options such as sort and filter.

horstepipe
1 hour ago, ebr said:

Why do you feel it is hidden?  It is accessed the same way as all the other options such as sort and filter.

iirc it is in a submenu.

None of my users realized they were able to do that.

horstepipe

So I just wanted to tell my users how to access that list. But from what I see it is not available on Fire OS? (I'm using the beta channel there). Hopefully this is going to come there soon, too?

horstepipe
On 7/16/2021 at 9:01 AM, horstepipe said:

not sure if understand this correctly. But filtering the guide to specific tags is only available on Android TV and is quiet hidden.

23 minutes ago, horstepipe said:

So I just wanted to tell my users how to access that list. But from what I see it is not available on Fire OS? (I'm using the beta channel there). Hopefully this is going to come there soon, too?

22 hours ago, ebr said:

Ok now I see why I felt it is hidden. There seems to be some UI glitch, as well for Android TV and Fire OS.
I just setup a new Fire Tv Stick and logged into Emby. I went to Live TV Guide and there was no button for tag selection. I started a channel to see if it was there in osd, but it wasn't there, either. So while playback I changed tv guide ordering from "channel number" to "last seen". After some seconds, Emby crashed.

After a restart (I had to force exit Emby via Fire OS settings) I went to the tv guide again, now the Tag filter button is there.

Soo I hope you are able to reproduce. I will also take a look in enforcing that behavior and give you more details.

horstepipe

So after selecting some tags I went out of the live tv menu and went in again -> tags filter button disappeared again.

I started a channel and press menu, I see the tags filter button. I exit the menu and open it again -> tags filter button disappeared 😕

So there definitely is something wrong, hope you can reproduce.

horstepipe
1 hour ago, Luke said:

Is it consistent?

No, that’s the problem. 
The button mostly appears / disappears if I select another channel sort order. Most times emby hangs up or restarts itself when I’m doing that.

horstepipe

I tried forcing a crash but it didn’t happen. So I reinstalled Emby and tried again, Emby crashed at 12.20. After I reinstalled Emby I saw that my previously chosen tags were still enabled at live tv, so this seems to be stored at the server…? As the Crash didn’t appear before I reinstalled, it is probably because some resource limits were exceeded (maybe because it was still loading the logos or epg…?)

After the reinstallation the tags button was there, but it disappeared at 12.16 while watching tv. Then I switched the ordering again and again until it crashed at 12.20. I had to „force stop“ Emby in Amazons app Settings, because if I open it up the screen stays black. Hopefully you get the logs before the crash now, too. I sent it at 12.25.

Edited by horstepipe