Random crashes with betas (since 4.6)

coolkidsdoit

coolkidsdoit

hi team,

I've been using the beta version (currently 4.7.0.2) and getting consistently getting random crashes every 1-3 days (eg. the client won't connect to the server).  The service is running on my QNAP (x64) and I can't find any errors/failures in the Emby logs. Stopping the service and starting again, resolves the problem.

Any advice for places to find why this is happening?

Otherwise, can I install the stable version (4.6.2 appears to be the latest) over the top to get back to that branch?

Hi there, please attach the emby server log from when this happened:

Thanks.

As a test, if you turn off the realtime monitor for each of your emby libraries, and then restart the server, does that help?

coolkidsdoit

@LukeIf you think the stable build will alleviate these problems, I'm happy to downgrade.

Can I simply run the 4.6.2 install over the top to revert to an older build (downgrading from beta?) or is there a better/supported method?

coolkidsdoit

I've disabled my QNAP Malware scheduled task that runs at 3am which seems to have fixed the problem.  It would be great to get some support as I opened this case 2 weeks ago.

coolkidsdoit

It's not shutting down the server, it's merely running that scheduled task (at 3am daily).

Right but I'm wondering if it is stopping the server or killing it and that's why you end up thinking that the server has crashed.

coolkidsdoit

The Emby server (application) or the QNAP server (NAS)?  The Emby service continues to run (per QNAP) but it either internally crashes, or is at least inaccessible from the clients.  Stopping and starting the Emby service application resolves the problem, but doing this daily isn't a solution.

I just manually ran the Malware Remover and Emby remained working as expected - perhaps it's something else?

Are you seeing anything in the logs I've provided that would suggest what or when it dies?

• 2 weeks later...