Does Emby support DSM 7 RC?

JulesC

JulesC

I was considering upgrading my NAS to DSM 7.0 RC. Before I do I wanted to see if anyone has already installed it and is Emby Server working? TIA

Happy2Play

Have you seen this topic?

We did a quick test of our package and it seems to be fine following the RC upgrade.

Dedone

Luke, you mean that's is ok with just update the diskstation, or we must do the procedure to magrate all?

10 hours ago, Dedone said:

Luke, you mean that's is ok with just update the diskstation, or we must do the procedure to magrate all?

Hi, what procedure?

Dedone
14 minutes ago, Luke said:

Hi, what procedure?

What is write in the first post of the dsm 7 testing

12 hours ago, Dedone said:

What is write in the first post of the dsm 7 testing

That's for when updating from dsm 6.

Dedone
1 hour ago, Luke said:

Exactly, now i'm on dsm 6. If i want to update dsm to 7 i must follow the instructions? Or just update DSM and use the specific emby package?

JulesC
7 hours ago, Luke said:

@Luke thank you for your response. I’m also updating from DSM 6 to 7 RC. Are these the right steps to follow:

1) back up settings for Emby using plug-in. NAS already backed up  

2) update to DSM 7RC

3) install updated version of Emby

4) restore Emby settings 

Does this sound right? Am I missing any steps?

Thank you 

DarWun

Out of curiosity, for anybody that upgraded to the DSM7 version of Emby how long did the manual install take? The update for me on my DS918+ NAS is 30 minutes in, and I'm still looking at a spinning circle saying "updating". Based on what Resource Monitor shows for disk, cpu and memory usage, it doesn't look like anything is actually happening. I'm about to pull the plug and reboot. But I thought I would check here to see if anyone else experienced ridiculously long update times.

Edited to Add: The update was definitely stalled. I rebooted and then manually installed the update again. This time it installed immediately. After changing permissions on shared folders used by Emby and restoring the settings using the Backup plugin, everything seems to be up and running again.

Edited by DarWun

halvdan
52 minutes ago, DarWun said:

Out of curiosity, for anybody that upgraded to the DSM7 version of Emby how long did the manual install take? The update for me on my DS918+ NAS is 30 minutes in, and I'm still looking at a spinning circle saying "updating". Based on what Resource Monitor shows for disk, cpu and memory usage, it doesn't look like anything is actually happening. I'm about to pull the plug and reboot. But I thought I would check here to see if anyone else experienced ridiculously long update times.

I'm on DS218+ and it was surprisingly quick in my case. It felt even quicker than than normal 6.x version updates.

In the range of 5-10 minutes.

• Thanks 1