Identify doesn't work

Jooki
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

Jooki

Version: 4.6.1.0

Issue: After pasting tt10155688 on the proper field there won't be any Search Results.

Tree structure: /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/Emby Mama/Mare of Easttown/

Naming scheme:

594456851_Sensettol.thumb.png.8b6f2e7f3fdbd665d052f05d521adc13.png

Logs are attached.

Thank you.

embyserver.txt

Edited by Jooki

Hi.  Is that in a library of type TV Series pointed to the "Emby Mama" folder?

Jooki
19 minutes ago, ebr said:

Hi.  Is that in a library of type TV Series pointed to the "Emby Mama" folder?

Hello, thank you for your interest.

The library type is Mixed Content.

seglertx

I just had the same problem with the following 3 documentaries that are only list in IMDB and not TMDB or TVDB.  I keep my movies and TV series in separate folders to simplify metadata searches. After I archived these in my Documentaries folder Emby didn't recognize them so I use Identify and entered the name (using a colon instead of hyphens), year, and the IMDB tt number.  It didn't pull up any information off of IMDB at all and I had to manually enter the metadata and download the artwork.

Chernobyl- Hour by Hour

Hitler- Empire of Evil (2020)

Hitler's Best Kept Secret- The Eva Braun Tapes (2020)

• Solution
On 6/2/2021 at 5:43 PM, Jooki said:

Version: 4.6.1.0

Issue: After pasting tt10155688 on the proper field there won't be any Search Results.

Tree structure: /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/Emby Mama/Mare of Easttown/

Naming scheme:

594456851_Sensettol.thumb.png.8b6f2e7f3fdbd665d052f05d521adc13.png

Logs are attached.

Thank you.

embyserver.txt 978.24 kB · 0 downloads

Hi, what did you try to identify on? The series folder, or one of the episodes? For TV you should identify based on the series, and the episodes will get their information from that.

The TV content type is recommended for better results, but if you really want to use mixed content, then I would highly suggest using season folders.

Try making a "Season 1" folder, and putting the episodes underneath that. Then run a regular library scan. Does that help?

• Like 1

On 6/3/2021 at 9:16 AM, seglertx said:

I just had the same problem with the following 3 documentaries that are only list in IMDB and not TMDB or TVDB.  I keep my movies and TV series in separate folders to simplify metadata searches. After I archived these in my Documentaries folder Emby didn't recognize them so I use Identify and entered the name (using a colon instead of hyphens), year, and the IMDB tt number.  It didn't pull up any information off of IMDB at all and I had to manually enter the metadata and download the artwork.

Chernobyl- Hour by Hour

Hitler- Empire of Evil (2020)

Hitler's Best Kept Secret- The Eva Braun Tapes (2020)

@seglertx we don't have Imdb as a source, so Identifying using the Imdb will only work if MovieDb or Omdb happens to have that Imdb id in their database.

Sometimes they don't and that's when you might have to Identify using the name and year instead.

Jooki
15 minutes ago, Luke said:

Hi, what did you try to identify on? The series folder, or one of the episodes? For TV you should identify based on the series, and the episodes will get their information from that.

The TV content type is recommended for better results, but if you really want to use mixed content, then I would highly suggest using season folders.

Try making a "Season 1" folder, and putting the episodes underneath that. Then run a regular library scan. Does that help?

I always identify the series folder, it just makes sense.

I also always make folders for the season, it makes sense too, now i didn't because this show is just a miniseries and since there ain't gonna be another season I didn't think it'd make a difference, but damn, it did, and it worked just fine 👍

Thank you very much.

3 minutes ago, Jooki said:

I always identify the series folder, it just makes sense.

I also always make folders for the season, it makes sense too, now i didn't because this show is just a miniseries and since there ain't gonna be another season I didn't think it'd make a difference, but damn, it did, and it worked just fine 👍

Thank you very much.

Thanks for the feedback.