3D Discussions

chessdragon136

crashkelly

Details for my MAN OF STEEL 3D movie - note the folder name:

Capture949.jpg

Okay, so it is really coming down to confirming if my TV will auto-switch for 3D.

I would be very surprised if it didn't, generally, but stranger things have happened.

If I get the same results from the USB I will break-out the 3D BD player and see.

Cheers

CrashKelly

EDIT: What do you use to create your hsbs files? Thanks

Edited by crashkelly

crashkelly

Stop the presses :D

Been doing so much messing around that I thought I would go back to scratch and start over. Got rid of all references\info in MBS regarding the movie I was testing with, let server scan to deal with the deletion, then put everything back and let it all figure itself out and I am happy to say that the TV auto-switched when I played the movie through the app

:D

Super happy

Thank you all for your assistance on this.

Now just to see if I can get a fsbs to encode at h264 profile 4.1 with DVDFAb or another piece of software

Thanks again

CrashKelly

crashkelly

@@chessdragon136 - are you able to add a 3D indicator to the 8x2 poster view in the app ??

I get whatever 3D indicator I had setup in CoverArt for my 3D titles

It is small but looks fine to me

Cheers and thank you again for the work

CrashKelly

gogreenpower

Auto 3D switching works on my H series but doesn't revert back when I select a 2D file.

It's an easy fix by pressing the 3D button on the remote but I'm wondering if anyone else has found this?

Glyde62

Seems to be working with most of my 3D titles now, Haven't  tested all but only one failed out of the 7 or 8 I tested

Good Work

One issues I have noticed, Menu navigation seems to play up after playing movie

Edited by Glyde62

Hi All,

Firstly, 3D playback is not implemented in the app, however, some files (FSBS) seem to auto switch as part of the Samsung inbuilt player that is used in the app. I plan to add support to switch to the correct 3d mode based on the metadata held on the server..

Just hang on :D

Feel free to discuss this here 

HSBS on the F Series work also. the app auto switches to 3D. There are a few quirks. when you press the 3D button while in 3D, it switches to 2D, but showing both 2 frames side by side (normal behavior is that it then converts 3D to 2D), then when pressing the 3D button again, it no longer recognizes the SBS and just converts 2D to 3D (thus showing the 2 frames simultaneously but upconvrt3ed to 3D). When you go through the TV menu options, it all works fine..

Okay, so it is really coming down to confirming if my TV will auto-switch for 3D.

I would be very surprised if it didn't, generally, but stranger things have happened.

If I get the same results from the USB I will break-out the 3D BD player and see.

Cheers

CrashKelly

EDIT: What do you use to create your hsbs files? Thanks

I use DVDFAB. it allows HSBS and FSBS and is very fast if you have a NVIDIA (CUDA) graphics card r Intel Graphics on the newer I5/I7's It also allows for you to rip into a compressed h.264 Blu-Ray ISO (I had never used that though)

• Like 1

crashkelly

I use DVDFAB. it allows HSBS and FSBS and is very fast if you have a NVIDIA (CUDA) graphics card r Intel Graphics on the newer I5/I7's It also allows for you to rip into a compressed h.264 Blu-Ray ISO (I had never used that though)

I have successfully created both hsbs and fsbs with DVDFab however the problem I have run into is that when creating a fsbs, or ftab for that matter, DVDFab sets the h264 profile level to 5.0 and my Samsung, as well as most other devices, maximum level for direct play is 4.1.

When I create a custom profile from DVDFAB for fsbs and hsbs the only difference I can see is in the setting for anamorphic_resize, fsbs is 0 and hsbs is 1 (I could have those reversed as I am at work). I think the level 5.0 setting is coming from the resolution for the fsbs. The max for level 4.1 is 1920x1280. When I edit the fsbs profile and change the anamorphic_resize the profile loads into DVDFab as hsbs.

I have tried every "trick" I could find out there to change the profile level after encoding but none of them have been successful.

Not giving up on getting it working but it might just be one of those things

Cheers

CrashKelly

EDIT: hsbs works awesome through the app and I am super happy that I can stream 3D content to the TV. Me being me and knowing there is a level better than hsbs will cause me to dig to the depths of the internet to try to find a solution if one exists :D

Edited by crashkelly
  • Like 1

chessdragon136

Seems to be working with most of my 3D titles now, Haven't  tested all but only one failed out of the 7 or 8 I tested

Good Work

One issues I have noticed, Menu navigation seems to play up after playing movie

Can you explain this please? What is messed up with navigation?

Auto 3D switching works on my H series but doesn't revert back when I select a 2D file.

It's an easy fix by pressing the 3D button on the remote but I'm wondering if anyone else has found this?

Can you update the app again please. 

Glyde62

Navigation goes slow and jerky,Like the button presses are delayed

Sent from the secret room in the back of your closet

above1

I've been out fishing for salmon this past week and haven't been able to test anything on my Sammy tube.  I can say that all 3 of my 3D movies switch automatically and work as expected.  I am ecstatic with the function!! 

Playing the movie switches to 3D, stopping the movie and exiting to the menu correctly switches back to 2D. 

yes the 3D button doesn't work while watching the 3D movie, but as long as the correct format is detected then I wouldn't see a need 4 it.   All my movies are HSBS.   I'll need to get me a FSBS movie to test that but believe others have tested.

Thanks!!!

above1

Edited by above1

• 2 months later...

Howdy!

Another 3D conundrum.... I have a H6400. Most of my 3D files play fine, but I have one in HOU (mkv) that I won't get recognized as such when I play it through the app. I've marked it as HTAB in mediabrowser server metadata editor and it shows up as 3D, but it doesn't actually display as 3D at all. I thought maybe it's related to the MKV tag so I ran MKVMerge on it and tagged the video track as HOU, but still doesn't like it through the app. When I go to the menu manually to turn on 3D, it only gives me the option of 2D->3D or off.

The interesting thing is, if I stick the file in a DLNA share and play it through the DLNA interface on the TV, it detects the 3D fine and gives me the option for HOU which then works. I'd prefer it to work through app obviously, any ideas as to what the issue could be? I have another HOU file that plays fine for the record.

Cheers!

*EDIT* Scratch that, I fixed it, I'd selected HTAB right first when I remuxed it in MKVMerge, I remuxed it with left first and the TV picks it up perfectly now.

Edited by MrFlux

Hi,

I have a Samsung UE48H6400 TV with a lot of HSBS MKV 3D. I would like to find an app on PC or Samsung TV in order to play my HSBS MKV 3D with auto switch 3D and able to play SUP subtitles inside MKV 3D.

Could you tell me if any app with Media Browser can do this ?

Thanks !