Real Time Monitoring Stopped Working emby 4.5.4.0

Nitrofish

Nitrofish

Real time monitoring has been working fine on 4.5.4.0, but has stopped working. Have to manually scan or wait for scheduled scan to detect new files. I have disabled and re-enabled real time monitoring in each library several times, rebooted the NAS with no effect. Log is attached, but I did remove the NAS IP address as I do not feel comfortable posting my NAS IP on a public forum. Any help would be appreciated.

Edited by Nitrofish

Hi there, can you please provide some discussion of an example? thanks.

Nitrofish

When a movie or TV show is added to either the TV or Movie library the real time monitoring does not detect the episode or movie until the library is either manually scanned or scanned via the scheduled task.

Nitrofish

Ok, let me try this. I use the web client (Chrome Version 91.0.4472.77) to login to emby remotely to watch movies or tv episodes. Previously when new movies or tv show episodes were added to the library on the server, they would appear in real time on the web client. This no longer happens and the movies or tv show episodes do not appear in the client until I either manually scan the library, or wait for the scheduled library scan on the emby server. 

Nitrofish

On 6/1/2021 at 11:47 PM, Luke said:

Hi, can you please go over a specific example?

Are you still there Luke?

Edited by Nitrofish

On 6/1/2021 at 11:54 AM, Nitrofish said:

Ok, let me try this. I use the web client (Chrome Version 91.0.4472.77) to login to emby remotely to watch movies or tv episodes. Previously when new movies or tv show episodes were added to the library on the server, they would appear in real time on the web client. This no longer happens and the movies or tv show episodes do not appear in the client until I either manually scan the library, or wait for the scheduled library scan on the emby server. 

Hi there @Nitrofish, this is still a general example. Can you please go over an exact example, and then attach the information requested in how to report a problem

Thanks !

• Confused 1

Nitrofish

It's not a general example @Luke. It's a precise description of what is happening. I am baffled you seem to be having so much trouble understanding the problem. I have followed the rules on how to report a problem. The log was attached to the OP but you stopped responding or just keep asking me to describe the problem over and over so I deleted it. As someone who gets paid to do penetration testing on corporate networks, I think it's insane to ask people to post their logs publicly. An unscrupulous person could do very bad things with the info in those logs.

• Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I'm simply asking for you to provide some discussion of an example, along with the associated log files for that example.

Also did you see this regarding INotify?

Happy2Play
On 6/1/2021 at 8:44 AM, Nitrofish said:

When a movie or TV show is added to either the TV or Movie library the real time monitoring does not detect the episode or movie until the library is either manually scanned or scanned via the scheduled task.

Then there would have to be something blocking media if a Library scan is not returning new media.  But specific examples will be needed along with server log for when new media was added.

Nitrofish
11 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

Then there would have to be something blocking media if a Library scan is not returning new media.  But specific examples will be needed along with server log for when new media was added.

You are not reading my post. I said they do not appear UNLESS I run a manual library scan. I was very specific:

...movies or tv show episodes do not appear in the client until I either manually scan the library, or wait for the scheduled library scan on the emby server. 

I also previously provided the log but deleted it after a week with basically no suggestions other than ask me to repeat myself over and over. As I said in a previous post, I think it's absurd to ask people to post their logs in a public forum. Especially considering all of the things going on with QNAP NAS right now. 

Edited by Nitrofish
  • Agree 1

Nitrofish
12 minutes ago, Luke said:

Hi, I'm simply asking for you to provide some discussion of an example, along with the associated log files for that example.

Also did you see this regarding INotify?

I have a QNAP NAS, not a Synology.

• 1 month later...
Nitrofish
On 7/26/2021 at 3:20 AM, Luke said:

@Nitrofish have you updated to Emby Server 4.6.4? Are you still running into this?

Yes, running 4.6.4 and still having the problem. 

Can you please go over an example and attach the emby server log that corresponds to that example? Thanks.

• 1 month later...

also experiencing this issue, its intermittent, it works then the next time its not working again.

im using emby server 4.6.4.0 on Qnap TVS-H1288X, real time monitoring for all libraries is not working properly.

on my other qnap which is a TVS-1282T3 also running emby server 4.6.4.0, but this one the real time monitoring works on all libraries.

also tried the same on disabling and re-enabling the real time monitoring for each libray i have but unfortunately, i have to manually scan for library changes each time i added a new movie or tv series and episodes.

Edited by sezsat

On 10/5/2021 at 3:17 PM, sezsat said:

also experiencing this issue, its intermittent, it works then the next time its not working again.

im using emby server 4.6.4.0 on Qnap TVS-H1288X, real time monitoring for all libraries is not working properly.

on my other qnap which is a TVS-1282T3 also running emby server 4.6.4.0, but this one the real time monitoring works on all libraries.

also tried the same on disabling and re-enabling the real time monitoring for each libray i have but unfortunately, i have to manually scan for library changes each time i added a new movie or tv series and episodes.

Hi @sezsat did you go through this?

hi @Luke

will that command work with Qnap also?

will try and and see if that'll fix the issue. thanks

Edited by sezsat

Happy2Play

We really need to see server logs as this Real Time Monitoring issue would be throwing iNotify errors it the default values need changing.  As for location I am not positive if it exist in the same location on every platform.

i just added a new video on one of my libraries the sports recording library with RTM enabled but not working.

noticed the emby server logs time did not change when i manually ran scan library.

embyserver.txt

Happy2Play
12 minutes ago, sezsat said:

i just added a new video on one of my libraries the sports recording library with RTM enabled but not working.

noticed the emby server logs time did not change when i manually ran scan library.

embyserver.txt 11.03 MB · 0 downloads

So you are saying you are only having a issue with one library "/share/Sports Recordings" since other libraries are show RTM processing

2021-10-07 19:28:53.336 Debug LibraryMonitor: New file refresher created for /share/Exclusive/rod_movies_tv series/talk shows/james corden/Season 7/james.corden.2021.10.06.judy.greer.1080p.web.h264-jebaited.mkv

2021-10-07 19:30:05.026 Debug LibraryMonitor: Timer stopped.
2021-10-07 19:30:05.093 Info LibraryMonitor: Season 7 (/share/Exclusive/rod_movies_tv series/talk shows/james corden/Season 7) will be refreshed.

But not seeing any error about by a specific library is not working.  But will look around, @cayarsisn't this similar to the issue crusher11 had with a specific path?

yeah mostly on sports recordings library, other libraries works but intermittently.

before what happens is when i added a new folder of movie or sports recording, after a minute or two, it is reflected on the library already, but now i needed to manually scan the library for it to reflect.

like right now as of this time, i added the 1st half of belgium vs france inside its own folder in the sports recordings, but its still not reflected on the library, so RTM is not working.

Edited by sezsat

Happy2Play
2 minutes ago, sezsat said:

yeah mostly on sports recordings library, other libraries works but intermittently.

before what happens is when i added a new folder of movie or sports recording, after a minute or two, it is reflected on the library already, but now i needed to manually scan the library for it to reflect.

I guess one test would be making a new folder library with a new folder path and see if you get the same results.  But suspect something with this old folder path is defective somewhere in the database since this is isolated to one library.

53 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

But not seeing any error about by a specific library is not working.  But will look around, @cayarsisn't this similar to the issue crusher11 had with a specific path?

Sure sounds like it.

here's the latest logs

1st half of belgium vs france is already copied in the sports recording library with its own folder, but still not being reflected on the library itself.

embyserver (1).txt