un8y - a WMC theme with a Windows 8 twist (and a template to create your own WMC theme)

keef

fredobedo007

Hi all,

First thank you Patchou for having updated Media CenterThemer; now I can apply your themes on my MCE Windows pro 8.1.

But I am the only one have big icons on recorded TV/live tv?

529656fa4e256_recordedtv.jpg

PS: I have it all the themes (red, blue, etc.) Bizarre, no?

Thank you in advance for you feedbacks

Fred

• Like 1

Is there anyone out there that would be interested in making a windows 8 version of media center?

Something with metro icons on start menu

A flat style guide etc

Something very similar to MBT

You mean like Lee has? The images are all exposed - you can replace them with whatever you want.

Hi all,

First thank you Patchou for having updated Media CenterThemer; now I can apply your themes on my MCE Windows pro 8.1.

But I am the only one have big icons on recorded TV/live tv?

529656fa4e256_recordedtv.jpg

PS: I have it all the themes (red, blue, etc.) Bizarre, no?

Thank you in advance for you feedbacks

Fred

Is anyone else with a TV tuner seeing this?

These icons are something like 24 x 24, so I have no idea why they are showing so big.

I'm pretty sure they were OK on my system. I'm away from home again, but I'll double check when I get back at the weekend...

EDIT: scrub that - they won't show on my system (see 3 posts down...)

Edited by keef

Popeye2468

Is there anyone out there that would be interested in making a windows 8 version of media center?

Something with metro icons on start menu

A flat style guide etc

Something very similar to MBT

@@fredobedo007 can you check to see if it is the same with the default un8y in the top post. I know Alwin doesn't have a TV tuner, do he wouldn't notice it in his colourised versions.

Popeye2468

You mean like Lee has? The images are all exposed - you can replace them with whatever you want.

I'm not sure which one lee has

I'm not sure which one lee has

@@Lee has made his own theme, but he's not released it. Maybe if you ask him nicely ;) .

If you look in C:\ProgramData\Media Center Themer\Theme\Resources\ehres\Images\, you can see all the images and change whichever ones you want to.

Thanks @@Yogi

I've just noticed these are buttons for old-style analogue teletext, which we don't have in the UK so these wouldn't show on my system anyway.  Yogi, do you see the icons in fredobedo007's screenshot in your system at the correct size, or do you not see these icons at all? 

It is possible there is some subtle issue with icon size...

@@keef I am not seeing those icons at all,everything is correct size and aspect ratio here

@@keef I am not seeing those icons at all,everything is correct size and aspect ratio here

Thanks Yogi.  I'm pretty sure these icons are only for analogue TV teletext, so I have no way of getting them to show on my system either...

@@fredobedo007, can you post pictures of ALL the icons that are showing like this - that may give me something to go on...

I have an idea to try, but I won't be able to create a new version of un8y until the weekend (this will be the "original" (white/red) un8y - if the fix works I'll speak nicely to @@AlwinHummels to see if he will change his versions).

Edited by keef

Thanks for posting your theme @@Lee.

A word of caution though about posting an xml with String entries - if a non-English speaking user uses the xml, it will screw up their localisation.  :o  That's the reason the main un8y download doesn't have String or Start Menu entries in the xml.

@@fredobedo007, thanks for the info. Wow, a 24 pixel icon blown up to full screen isn't very pretty....

OK, I have an idea WHAT may be causing this, but not WHY...

Fred, can you delete the Theme directory in C:\ProgramData\Media Center Themer\ and then download this. Unzip it and you will find a new Theme directory. Copy this whole directory to C:\ProgramData\Media Center Themer\

I can't test this at the moment - but these icons don't show on my system anyway.

Let me know if this makes any difference.

Edited by keef

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=45B524C655D0EC68!5322&authkey=!AFCKb_7lbI6PD_c&ithint=file%2c.rar

^here's the link to my theme, which is basically keefs one with a few colour alterations and a few "metro" icons for tv etc..

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=45B524C655D0EC68!5319&authkey=!AFO3pcYPvP3hJ6E&ithint=file%2c.xml

^this is the MCT file I've edited to remove some of the settings(extender/media only etc) 

MAKE SURE YOU BACK UP THE MEDIACENTER THEMER FOLDER BEFORE REPLACING WITH THESE IMAGES!!! that way you can always revert back.

I have a NEO skin style to match this if you want that too!!

*one or two images or transport controls/highlights still need changing but I haven't had time yet!!!

Edited by Lee
  • Like 1

fredobedo007

Hi guys,

Thank you for having replied so fast, what a dynamic community!

First, let's give a bit of my machine specs:

It's a fresh install of MS Windows 8.1 Pro retail +WMC Pack

Then, Intel i5-4670K with Hauppauge HVR 5500 PCI express (hybrid tuner).

As of today, I only configured the tuner for DVB-S2 on Astra FTA (manual transponder scan) -> HD Digital

I installed also Media Browser Classic 3.

I re checked to be sure and confirm I do have this problem only for recorded TV/live TV.

I also had a look at the resources; here are the icons I see in big:

icon at left side=TWOFOOT.CONTROL.REVEAL.FOCUS.PNG and TWOFOOT.CONTROL.REVEAL.NOFOCUS.PNG

icon at right side=TWOFOOT.CONTROL.HOLD.NOFOCUS.PNG and TWOFOOT.CONTROL.HOLD.FOCUS.PNG

I do only have these 2 icons with problem.

Here is what I tested as a workaround; I replaced all those PNG files with a 'xxx.DISABLED.PNG.

By doing that I hoped to just have transparent icons in place... but it did not work! I do have 2  other icons now ?!:

52979a598aef5_recordedtv2.jpg

I know it sounds creazy and in fact it is; it seems the problem does not come from a particular icon but a kind a array of obejcts problem.

Kind regards

Fred

fredobedo007

Good evening Gents,

Keef,

It's working fine with the theme you just gave me!

5298cc5aa4657_recordedtvok.jpg

Thank you very much, your help is really appreciated.

Kind regards all and have a nice WE.

Fred.

• Like 2

Good evening Gents,

Keef,

It's working fine with the theme you just gave me!

5298cc5aa4657_recordedtvok.jpg

Thank you very much, your help is really appreciated.

Kind regards all and have a nice WE.

Fred.

:)

Glad we got it sorted Fred.

I'll update the main download over the weekend so that hopefully no one else faces this issue.

I think you were originally using one of Alwin's colourised versions of un8y.  I'll contact him and work with him to correct these versions too.

AlwinHummels

This look beter Will have a look later this weekend to make new themes for now i lay on my bed being sick ;(

@@keef can you pm me what i've to change ;)

Thanks a lot

This look beter Will have a look later this weekend to make new themes for now i lay on my bed being sick ;(

@@keef can you pm me what i've to change ;)

Thanks a lot

LOL Alwin, I've just sent you a pm!

As this is a fault with the original un8y theme, I can modify your icons for you if you want.  Anyway, respond to the pm and we'll get it sorted.

un8y v 2.0.1 released.  Download link modified in top post, or download directly from here.

Fixes bug discovered by fredobedo007 - under certain circumstances some Teletext icons were displaying as full screen. (No need to re-download if your system doesn't show Teletext icons on live/recorded TV)

Edited by keef

politby

I'm struggling a bit with this. I installed the original un8y theme which appears to work fine but I would like to use the Midnight Blue design instead. 

But the download links for the "blue" versions have no Theme folder, just the MCTdefault.xml file. Where do I find them?