Schedules Direct Stopped

Teddy
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

Teddy

Schedules Direct has stopped working and is not updating the EPG. I read on the Schedules Direct website that it says that the Emby api will stop working from June 2021:

"On June 1, 2021 we will block the Emby application from the SD-JSON service. The predecessor to Schedules Direct (zap2it labs) was shut down partially due to abuse by commercial products. We don't want the same thing to happen to us. Hobbyist applications have no where else to go. Please respect the restrictions placed upon us by the copyright holder. "

2 weeks ago I renewed the use of Schedules Direct pro for a year.

What solution does Emby give to update the EPG from now on? Is there an application for Schedule Direct to generate the EPGTV.xml file so that Emby can update it?

Thanks in advance

vdatanet
15 minutes ago, Teddy said:

What solution does Emby give to update the EPG from now on? Is there an application for Schedule Direct to generate the EPGTV.xml file so that Emby can update it?

If you are using Linux, you can use tv_grab_az_sdjson_sqlite

• Solution

Hi, you could try importing it into something like epg123 and then outputting from there as xml

Teddy

Thanks to both to fix the issue. I have now the epg using epg123.

emveepee

Of course this workaround still breaks the license.  The data is the issue not the delivery method.

Martim

True.

Not that this makes it correct or anything but they shouldn't allow a yearly renew 2 weeks before the cutoff as they should know what platform is being used to pull the data. 

emveepee

I agree, but Emby was de-listed as an approved SD application two years ago, but the option remained in Emby so there is some shared blame.

Martin

Edited by emveepee
  • Agree 1

rmeden
4 hours ago, cayars said:

Not that this makes it correct or anything but they shouldn't allow a yearly renew 2 weeks before the cutoff as they should know what platform is being used to pull the data. 

Don't forget all the emails announcing the shutdown months in advance for precisely that reason (to prevent renewals).  If someone renewed that recently, we can issue a refund.

Many folks use applications in addition to Emby.  Blocking Emby users from renewing can break other things.

• Agree 1

Oh yea, I agree about the emails.  It's just I'd think with that much prep time it would have been easy to know which users are using Emby and not allow the Renewal or give an extra warning.

However, I would think by now most users should have gotten the message one way or another!