How to display DVB/ATSC embedded EPG data in Emby LiveTV as retrieved by NextPVR

herrep

herrep

Hi,

I've just setup the most current Emby Server 4.6.1.0 in combination with LivetV NextPVR 5.1.1.210329 and the NextPVR Plugin 3.3.3.0. NextPVR connects fine with my router FRITZ!Box 6490 Cable acting as a DVB-C receiver on the basis of SAT>IP.

LiveTV as such works fine on both Emby and NextPVR. However, there is one major difference: While NextPVR is capable of retrieving EPG data embedded in DVB-C (referred to as DVB/ATSC EPG), I do not know as how to setup Emby that it also makes use of the embedded EPG already extracted by NextPVR. In other words, when I access Live TV via NextPVR, I have EPG as provided by the broadcast station in the DVB data stream, but I am lost as how to retrieve the same EPG data on the Emby side.

Is there a way to use the DVB-embedded EPG also in Emby? Is there a way to retrieve the DVB-extracted EPG from NextPVR?

I already followed the guide provided in the thread Get EPG from NextPVR. What I am not sure is whether I require a particular version of the NextPVR Plugin beyond the currently published 3.3.3.0.  However, unfortunately I failed to find a newer NextPVR plugin:

Furthermore, I installed the JellyRoll tool according to the thread Jellyfin - Automate EPG updates. It provides the following output upon execution:

jellyroll:1.0.0.0
IntervalTrigger

Best regards,
Peter

Edited by herrep

emveepee

The JellyRoll tool simply triggers the EPG update task.  It has nothing to do with do with OTA EPG support in Emby.

Edit wait a second are you saying you are using 3.3.0 with  V5 that won't work.  I release now that I removed 3.7 because I was moving it to the NextPVR wiki and I haven't done that yet.

Martin

Edited by emveepee

herrep

Thank you very much for pointing me to the most current version of NextPVR 3.7.0. I made progress, as the EPG data is transferred. But Emby was not capable of matching the EPG data with the existing channels. So once the EPG data was transferred, I had duplicate channels: At the first the whole channel list as previously existing, and then below the duplicated channels with EPG data. Probably the upgrade from NextPVR plugin version 3.3.3.0 to 3.7.0 caused the duplication of channels so that I want to start from scratch: I removed the TV source from Emby and removed all TV source related channels from the library.db by executing:

sudo sqlite3 /var/lib/emby/data/library.db
DELETE FROM MediaItems WHERE ExternalId LIKE 'm3u%';
.quit

However, I feel unsure as how to clean up the EPG data that created the additional channels. It appears that the following commands select the items I could safely remove from the library:

SELECT * FROM MediaItems WHERE ProviderIds LIKE '%NextPVR%';
SELECT * FROM MediaItems WHERE Images LIKE '%localhost:8866%';

What can I do to get the library back to a consistent state without the imported EPG data?

Best regards,
Peter

emveepee

Unless you previously have V4 NextPVR installed you probably are running Emby DVR and NextPVR together for the same channels which doesn't make a lot of sense.

Sorry I just remove library.db in my testing and let it rebuild

Martin

herrep

Indeed, there could be some misunderstandings as how I have set up Emby and NextPVR. However, I started with setting up NextPVR and all the channels could be accessed there. Then I followed the guide How to configure NextPVR Plugin in Emby. According to this guide, I created a TV source of type M3U at Emby and this is how I got the original list of channels.

After having updated NextPVR Plugin from 3.3.3.0 to 3.7.0 and activating JellyRoll, EPG was loaded, bur for duplicated channels.

I have no idea what should be wrong.

emveepee

Yes you are dupliciating the entries, you don't need to use the m3u tuner when you are using the addon with OTA data.

Martin

Edited by emveepee

herrep

Oh, this is great! So Emby automatically updates the channel list depending on what your addon passes through?

emveepee

Not automatically, Emby requires scheduled tasks, except for recording updates  but JellyRoll can help trigger an EPG update.

Emby users can help you further with Emby configuration I don't use it.

Martin

The plugin can also trigger it's DataSourceChanged event, and when the server catches this it will automatically kick off a live tv guide refresh.

herrep

Is there something special to obey that the described functionality is activated? I simply copied JellyRoll to the required destination and created the PostUpdate.sh script for NextPVR.What I see from the JellyRoll log file is that the EPG update is triggered each night. So the basic functionality is given, but I wonder whether I need additional settings for perfect interaction.

emveepee

I posted the code for JellyRoll (except I changed the name for Jellyfin since it sounds better).   Unless things have changedm having this run automatically after you update the EPG (you have the name wrong it is PostUpdateEPG.sh) it should be this same as running the scheduled task.

Martin