TV recordings poster overwritten

heula

heula

I use for some recordings my own added poster file if no good poster file is available from the tvdb or other provider.

This poster file is constantly overwritten by other poster files. If an image file exist in the recordings folder it shouldn't be overwritten, right?

Folder.jpg and poster.jpg were the same but poster.jpg is being overwritten. 

It seems that Emby is using the folder.jpg for the Emby app but Emby next gen is using the poster.jpg in Kodi?

2021-05-29 15.29.38.jpg

Capture_756.jpg

Capture_757.jpg

embyserver.txt kodi.log

Hi, there's no recording activity in this log file, but that's OK because I can tell you the recording process uses poster.ext, not folder.ext.

Also, it does not overwrite existing images, so if it's already there, it skips saving the image. Please let us know if this answers your question. Thanks.

heula
On 5/29/2021 at 7:25 PM, Luke said:

Hi, there's no recording activity in this log file, but that's OK because I can tell you the recording process uses poster.ext, not folder.ext.

Also, it does not overwrite existing images, so if it's already there, it skips saving the image. Please let us know if this answers your question. Thanks.

Tonight there are some new recordings and than I will see what happens with some of the poster.ext

Keep you posted. Thanks.

• Thanks 1

heula
On 5/31/2021 at 5:30 PM, cayars said:

Hi, did you get a chance to check this out yet?

Yesterday the poster.ext wasn't changed from that specific tv show. 

I think there is a wrong setting in Kodi according to fanart etc. I need to take a look at that when I get the chance.

If I'm sure about that I will post that here.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
heula

I think the problem was caused by Kodi but I have set all poster.ext to read only and now they are not changed anymore.