Question about my scheduled task settings

sundevil67

sundevil67

I'm finding I have to manually do the refresh of the guide data. The scheduled task just doesn't work consistently. Any reasons why that might happen?

Hi there, why do you feel the scheduled task doesn't work consistently? Can you please provide more detail? Thanks.

sundevil67

When I go in to watch live TV, the guide data is just missing if I haven't done it in a while. When I initiate the process manually, all is fine. It looks like it was cancelled when it was supposed to run.

Screen Shot 2021-05-28 at 10.03.22 PM.png

embyserver.txt

Hi, If you go to scheduled Tasks and click on Refresh  Guide what schedule is shown?

12 hours ago, sundevil67 said:

When I go in to watch live TV, the guide data is just missing if I haven't done it in a while. When I initiate the process manually, all is fine. It looks like it was cancelled when it was supposed to run.

Screen Shot 2021-05-28 at 10.03.22 PM.png

embyserver.txt 81.3 MB · 0 downloads

Hi, Cancelled means you stopped it manually. The server does not otherwise stop your scheduled tasks from running, so you either stopped it manually, or you shutdown or restarted the server while it was running.

Does that answer your question?

Also, try clicking on the scheduled task, what is the schedule for it?

sundevil67

It's scheduled for Sundays at midnight. I definitely didn't restart it or stop it manually at that hour, so maybe it took more than 4 hours & hit the time limit?1356372254_ScreenShot2021-05-29at11_16_48AM.png.d1af9992b0c70397148ad6d2163bb10d.png

Maybe it did. There is no time limit by default, so if that's the reason, why did you think something is wrong? The server is doing exactly what you told it to do.

Or did you forget that you added a time limit?

Hi.  Based on the image you posted, it definitely hit the limit that you set.

Any reason you are loading your guide data daily?
image.png.c10f8eb531b94147760c077ac9d9c05f.png

If emby server is not running at that specific time then that would be why the task is not running.

The default schedule is an interval of every 24 hours. Please try setting it back to default and removing the time limit.

• Like 1

sundevil67
21 hours ago, cayars said:

Any reason you are loading your guide data daily?
image.png.c10f8eb531b94147760c077ac9d9c05f.png

I was loading it weekly until Luke suggest I return it to the default. I guess it could really take 4+ hours on this machine. That's probably it. Thanks.

26 minutes ago, sundevil67 said:

I was loading it weekly until Luke suggest I return it to the default. I guess it could really take 4+ hours on this machine. That's probably it. Thanks.

How many channels are loading?  The new version (4.6+) cuts down the time considerable.