Shield Experience Upgrade 8.2.3(Released 5/28/2021)

vdatanet

vdatanet

From Nvidia website:

Today we released SHIELD Experience Upgrade 8.2.3. This update includes light updates and bug fixes. If you see any issues, please send feedback from your device and post your observations in this thread:

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/forums/shield-tv/9/455230/shield-experience-upgrade-823released-5282021/

Edited by vdatanet
  • Like 2

CBers

Looks like some people are having issues doing the update. 

My Shield hung at 75% before it rebooted after 10 minutes, but it did appear to upgrade OK. 

If your upgrade fails, it might be worth trying the full image update, rather than this incremental one. 

Instructions here: https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/forums/shield-tv/9/455230/shield-experience-upgrade-823released-5282021/3082978/

• Like 1

justinrh
On 5/28/2021 at 12:56 PM, vdatanet said:

Today we released SHIELD Experience Upgrade 8.2.3.

Who is "we"?

One of mine prompted me to update even though auto-update was off.  The other one didn't prompt me, but I forced the update.  Both devices updated w/o issue.

vdatanet
46 minutes ago, justinrh said:

Who is "we"?

Nvidia. 😀

Copy & Paste from Nvidia site

• Haha 1

FrostByte

Took two restarts, but it worked finally worked.  Nothing really exciting about what "we" updated though

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

JulesC
Moved post for the issue I'm encountering with my Nvidia Shield TV Pro 2019 to "Android TV / Fire TV"
Edited by JulesC

14 minutes ago, Sammy said:

One day I'll have my ShieldTV out of storage and update it. Hopefully that day is soon.

You still in the moving stage?
My Shield would never have moved from the TV during the move. :)

Sammy

We sold in January. Buying is not easy right now.

At any rate, the Shield got packed up with the AVR etc from the Family Room so I only have a couple of MiBox s' right now.

• Sad 1

JulesC

Mine updated fine. The issues I encountered had nothing to do with Nvidia update / Emby. The problems were a result of firmware updates for Sonos Arc, which forced an update for HDFury Arcana. System is finally working again.

11 hours ago, Sammy said:

We sold in January. Buying is not easy right now.

At any rate, the Shield got packed up with the AVR etc from the Family Room so I only have a couple of MiBox s' right now.

Ouch, that sounds like you sold during a buyers market but then it shifted and now it's a sellers market???

Sammy
1 hour ago, cayars said:

Ouch, that sounds like you sold during a buyers market but then it shifted and now it's a sellers market???

It was a sellers' market but then inventory just dried up making it even harder to buy. We're being picky and can wait for the right house at the right price which I think may happen soon as more houses are on the market longer now and more are not going for huge amounts over asking price.

It's starting to get better now because people can spend their money on things other than housing.. like traveling. 

Edited by Sammy
  • Like 1