Emby Connect Password Not Working

Mitch&Tay
Go to solution Solved by Carlo,

Mitch&Tay

Hey I am hoping someone can help me, I cannot connect remotely to my server using by connect.

It tells me the user name or password is wrong.

User name and password work fine when logging into forums

Have done a password reset through the emby connect Web browser and application, even after fresh reset I still cannot log into Emby Connect. 

I don't know what to do?

Mitch&Tay

So if I go to 

emby.media/community 

I can log in no problems

If I go to emby.media and try to sign in with the exact same user name and password, I get an error message incorrect user name or password

Then if I follow the forgot password link, it takes me to the forums and logs me in, but I still can't log into emby connect 

• Solution

Try resetting the user on your server.

Go to this user and remove the Emby Connect optional username/email and press the save button at the bottom of that page.
Add the Emby Connect optional username or email back again and press save again.

Now try logging in with it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Mitch&Tay

New Update, still cannot log in via Web browser. Emby connect telling me password or username is incorrect 

So if you reset the Emby Connect user it works, but then stops working?
Are you doing a forget server or anything like that on any clients?

• 4 months later...

Hi, I'm having exactly the same issue. Username and password work fine on all devices when connected to hoke network. As soon as I try to login remotely, those same details do not work. I've tried removing and re-adding the optional connect username to that user but does not help. 

Any advice would be much appreciated as ok completely baffled.

Thanks

Please send me a PM with your server remote address as shown on the server dashboard and I'll take a look.

Edited by cayars

Seems to be working fine for me as op setup a local user and my Emby Connect username which I tested with.
Offering a remote support session via PM to follow up.

• 2 months later...
Box204835
On 5/28/2021 at 6:42 AM, Mitch&Tay said:

Hey I am hoping someone can help me, I cannot connect remotely to my server using by connect.

It tells me the user name or password is wrong.

User name and password work fine when logging into forums

Have done a password reset through the emby connect Web browser and application, even after fresh reset I still cannot log into Emby Connect. 

I don't know what to do?

I have same problem ,my server doesnt work remotely , dont know waht to do , tired dealing with this emby server for the last 3 days ,need help!!😵😵😵💫

seanbuff
15 hours ago, Box204835 said:

I have same problem ,my server doesnt work remotely , dont know waht to do , tired dealing with this emby server for the last 3 days ,need help!!😵😵😵💫

Hi, has your Emby Sever ever worked remotely?

I suggest you follow this guide to ensure you have set up remote connectivity correctly: 
https://support.emby.media/support/solutions/articles/44002137137-remote-setup

• Like 1