Favorites and playlists view enhancements

A32

Currently when I go into favorites with a long list, it is always displayed horizontally (using an iPad, and I think the same on ATV), one has to slide horizontally to view the list, while we have plenty of empty space below. I have to click on “see all” to make them fill the screen and to be able to scroll down which is more meaningful. This is especially annoying when having a lot of IP TV channels.

Please make the “see all” the default view when one goes into Favorites.

Another request for playlists. When I go into them and I choose one to see then decide to go back, the list jumps to the beginning instead of going back to where I left. Again, especially annoying with long IP TV playlists. It would also be nice if the empty space can be better utilized.

Thanks

Currently when I go into favorites with a long list, it is always displayed horizontally (using an iPad, and I think the same on ATV), one has to slide horizontally to view the list, while we have plenty of empty space below. I have to click on “see all” to make them fill the screen and to be able to scroll down which is more meaningful. This is especially annoying when having a lot of IP TV channels.

Hi, can you show a screenshot example?

Another request for playlists. When I go into them and I choose one to see then decide to go back, the list jumps to the beginning instead of going back to where I left.

Hi there, can you please describe what you mean by this in more detail? Thanks !

6 hours ago, Luke said:

Hi, can you show a screenshot example?

Hi Luke,

Going into favorites I get in to this horizontal list.
027D5B54-872A-41FA-8CDF-4CCAE7E10A10.thumb.jpeg.83499701817537ad15da8611517840ee.jpeg

Must tap “see all” on top  right to make the list more “browsable”.

383443A5-1808-4E21-8FB9-AC369344D004.thumb.jpeg.37d4db7ee5638464c358af461ae242dc.jpeg

Hi.  That is because it is going to show all of your favorites broken out by type of item but, in your situation, you only have channels so it looks a little strange.

6 hours ago, Luke said:

Hi there, can you please describe what you mean by this in more detail? Thanks !

If I go into a playlist (it makes jumping between live TV channels faster as it plays the channel immediately instead of going into another screen with a play button), when I tap a channel, it starts playing, but if I decide to go back to the playlist, instead of showing me where I left the list (when I tapped on a channel), it jumps to the top of the list. When it comes to live TV where there’re many channels (like the one below with 83 tracks), I’ll need to scroll down again.

Also, if there’s a way to enhance the use of the screen real state, it might make it even easier.

Thanks 

1CF5575F-566D-4248-A63C-A9FEC19C49EB.thumb.jpeg.412b80b9b78d0d3497eec1aded42f318.jpeg

Just now, ebr said:

Hi.  That is because it is going to show all of your favorites broken out by type of item but, in your situation, you only have channels so it looks a little strange.

I see. I’m trying to make use of any features that can make hopping between a lot of channels easier, like pressing the channels button on the remote controller and checking what’s on. Maybe it doesn’t lend itself to “channels” but you know what I’m trying to do :)

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/28/2021 at 9:34 AM, A32 said:

If I go into a playlist (it makes jumping between live TV channels faster as it plays the channel immediately instead of going into another screen with a play button), when I tap a channel, it starts playing, but if I decide to go back to the playlist, instead of showing me where I left the list (when I tapped on a channel), it jumps to the top of the list. When it comes to live TV where there’re many channels (like the one below with 83 tracks), I’ll need to scroll down again.

Also, if there’s a way to enhance the use of the screen real state, it might make it even easier.

Thanks 

1CF5575F-566D-4248-A63C-A9FEC19C49EB.thumb.jpeg.412b80b9b78d0d3497eec1aded42f318.jpeg

Hi, have you tried this again with 4.6.2?

On 5/28/2021 at 9:37 AM, A32 said:

I see. I’m trying to make use of any features that can make hopping between a lot of channels easier, like pressing the channels button on the remote controller and checking what’s on. Maybe it doesn’t lend itself to “channels” but you know what I’m trying to do :)

Have you tried the new tags feature to create channel groupings?

• 2 weeks later...
On 06/06/2021 at 01:46, Luke said:

Hi, have you tried this again with 4.6.2?

Hi Luke,

Sorry for my late reply. I installed the latest Emby version but didn’t have the time to test it thoroughly. I hope I can soon. Will try to come back with an update.

On 06/06/2021 at 01:46, Luke said:

Have you tried the new tags feature to create channel groupings?

Looking forward to test that soon. Thanks. 

• Thanks 1