Cover Art plugin configuration doesn't work in Emby Theatre

ReadySalted

ReadySalted

Changes with this plugin can be made with a browser but in Theatre the loading icon keeps spinning after I choose default profile and nothing is properly clickable. The right side of the screen also shifts when in that screen but that's nothing major.

Happy2Play

Not sure if this would be a plugin issue but reproducing the issue in ET (3.0.15), the server log shows this.

2021-05-27 13:39:36.769 Error Server: Error processing request
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 4.7.0.0
	Command line: Y:\Emby-Server\system\EmbyServer.dll -noautorunwebapp
	Operating system: Microsoft Windows 10.0.19042
	Framework: .NET Core 3.1.13
	OS/Process: x64/x64
	Runtime: Y:/Emby-Server/system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
	Processor count: 12
	Data path: Y:\Emby-Server\programdata
	Application path: Y:\Emby-Server\system
	System.NullReferenceException: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
	   at CoverArt.Configuration.PluginConfiguration.CleanPath(String path)
	   at CoverArt.API.ProfileHandler.Get(ProfileRequest request)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Services.ServiceController.Execute(HttpListenerHost appHost, Object requestDto, IRequest req)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Services.ServiceHandler.ProcessRequestAsync(HttpListenerHost appHost, IRequest httpReq, IResponse httpRes, RestPath restPath, String responseContentType, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpServer.HttpListenerHost.RequestHandler(IRequest httpReq, ReadOnlyMemory`1 urlString, ReadOnlyMemory`1 localPath, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	Source: CoverArt
	TargetSite: System.String CleanPath(System.String)

• 2 months later...
swandruski

After upgrading the Emby server to the latest version, the Cover Art plugin is not excluding the libraries in my Ignore Folders list.

50 minutes ago, swandruski said:

After upgrading the Emby server to the latest version, the Cover Art plugin is not excluding the libraries in my Ignore Folders list.

Hi there, please go over an example. Thanks.

swandruski

I had my Cover Art plugin set up to ignore the folders with music, but not movies. I think this happened after upgrading to the latest Emby server version, but I'm not sure since I've been busy with work for the last few months, but several months ago my music folders did not have the "CD case" graphics, which is what I want. Now they do. The ignore folders are still there in the plugin settings telling it to ignore the folders with music, but the "CD case" graphics is there when I look at my music library.

swandruski

I'm on version 4.6.4 of the server and version 2.0.09g of the Android TV app on an nVidia Shield.

@Luke

I just tested this by adding my music library to the exclude folder list in the CoverArt plugin and the files folders aren't being ignored.

All CA is doing is comparing the path provided to the beginning of the path of each item so, if something with how items are reporting their path has changed, then that could affect this.

If you've setup the "Optional Network Path" on your items, be sure you are using that path in CA...

Here's my settings when testing which I did a copy/paste.
image.png.b66a6435f31444e21fade6a72bb79e09.png

image.png.ffa4ac3b878bc802784d8ec4f0606892.png

Yeah, the app wouldn't make any difference as we're talking about CoverArt here.

I'm assuming this is related to the music changes in 3.6.  Albums are now virtual items so they no longer have a path and, thus, don't satisfy that restriction in CoverArt.  The solution would be to configure the "Album" treatment as "Ignore".

• Thanks 1

On 5/27/2021 at 4:43 PM, Happy2Play said:

Not sure if this would be a plugin issue but reproducing the issue in ET (3.0.15), the server log shows this.

2021-05-27 13:39:36.769 Error Server: Error processing request
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 4.7.0.0
	Command line: Y:\Emby-Server\system\EmbyServer.dll -noautorunwebapp
	Operating system: Microsoft Windows 10.0.19042
	Framework: .NET Core 3.1.13
	OS/Process: x64/x64
	Runtime: Y:/Emby-Server/system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
	Processor count: 12
	Data path: Y:\Emby-Server\programdata
	Application path: Y:\Emby-Server\system
	System.NullReferenceException: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
	   at CoverArt.Configuration.PluginConfiguration.CleanPath(String path)
	   at CoverArt.API.ProfileHandler.Get(ProfileRequest request)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Services.ServiceController.Execute(HttpListenerHost appHost, Object requestDto, IRequest req)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Services.ServiceHandler.ProcessRequestAsync(HttpListenerHost appHost, IRequest httpReq, IResponse httpRes, RestPath restPath, String responseContentType, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpServer.HttpListenerHost.RequestHandler(IRequest httpReq, ReadOnlyMemory`1 urlString, ReadOnlyMemory`1 localPath, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	Source: CoverArt
	TargetSite: System.String CleanPath(System.String)

I'm pushing a plugin update to prevent this exception from filling up the log.

swandruski
On 8/1/2021 at 10:27 AM, ebr said:

Yeah, the app wouldn't make any difference as we're talking about CoverArt here.

I'm assuming this is related to the music changes in 3.6.  Albums are now virtual items so they no longer have a path and, thus, don't satisfy that restriction in CoverArt.  The solution would be to configure the "Album" treatment as "Ignore".

So how does a user fix this? How do I configure the "Album" treatment as "Ignore"?