Vantage Point - Big Screen Experience Intros

Cheesegeezer

MangaAddict
17 hours ago, Gods said:

I had that happen a while ago and what had happened was the trailers plugin which seems to still need to be downloaded for mine to work had no unseen trailers left.  I had to go and uncheck all the trailers before it started to show them again.  But i have never been able to have trailers unless i have the trailer plugin installed as well.  

I didn’t even think of that. I’ll look into it and hopefully that resolves everything. Thanks soo much!

Sammy
On 5/26/2021 at 8:18 AM, Cheesegeezer said:

Been working on a plugin that bring the big screen experience and is user driven.

Introducing Vantage Point Plugin for Emby.  It can be downloaded in the Emby Server Plugin Catalogue.

the order is pretty much set at the minute, But so far I’m happy with how it works.

At the minute these are the following sections

1. Personal Bumper
  2. Trivia Section
  3. intros, funnies and adds, select upto a max of 50 intros from your selected folder - good to use while your movie guests get drinks, popcorn, hotdogs etc, 
  4. Personal Bumper
  5. Coming Soon Bumper
  6. coming attractions, select number of trailers to play from various sources.
  7. Courtesy intro - be quiet or mobile phones off. Only 1 is selected
  8. Personal Bumper
  9. audio codec intro matched to feature presentation audio track, only 1 is selected
  10. Feature Presentation Bumper
  11. countdown to feature presentation, only one is selected
  12. MPAA, BBFC, etc - certification screen which is matched to the MPAA rating tag in the nfo file. 
  13. Feature Presentation Starts.

For Bugs and Issues, please post them in the below thread

Vantage Point - Big Screen Experience Intros - Plugins - Emby Community

I do see that this has more than the standard Cinema Mode/Intros Plugin. Does this plugin require that the user have folders set up with the Bumpers, Intros, Codecs in them and reference to those folders? If so, are there good sources of these video snippets on line? Lastly, does this plugin conflict with the catalog Cinema Mode/Intros plugin?

• 3 weeks later...
Scrouples23

Is there a way to randomize which codec file it plays? I have several DOLBY ATMOS or DTS-HD MA bumpers that I enjoy but want it to play different ones each time to liven things up. If i name them all with a number after the "TRUEHD" or "TRUEHD1" part it will always play the first one in the folder. 

Any help would be great!

• 4 weeks later...
donaldblair

Hello,

This is a great plugin for a great media server. Kudos.

A couple of questions off the hop:

1) Is there a general KB that end users can view for support? Searching one massive thread can be difficult.
2) Is there actual documentation located anywhere? For some reason I couldn't find anything; perhaps not looking hard enough.

The reason for my post: I'm unable to get any content to play from the folders I've set up in the plugin. 

I've set up VP to play the following in order:

-A bumper before the Trivia/Ads (Trivia plays one video, Ads play 3 videos)
-Coming Soon bumper
-Online trailers (currently set to play just one)
-Feature Presentation
-Rating Cards

All files are located on a Windows share for which permissions on the Windows service has been set, and all other library files can be accessed and played.

On playing a movie, online trailers are grabbed just fine and played OK (currently only playing one trailer). However, the client very clearly skips the files in the folders I've set up.

I've attached the log file that was created after cycling it, to show only what happened when I attempted to play a movie. I had set up a temporary library to ensure the files would play without problem, and they play OK, so it doesn't appear to be a compatibility issue.

Another question: how to I enforce the order of the files that are played within each directory? As you can see by the log files, I tried to guesstimate what this would look like, but seeing that it didn't play them at all (and, also, did not order them correctly based on what I thought it would do, and according to the logs): how do I get the files to play in my own specified order, within each folder?

Finally, I don't know if this is the right place for a feature request: I moved from Plex (which was shit) but the one thing they did nicely was fade the theme music in-and-out of switching between shows. I find that sometimes, theme music gets stuck on my Android/Shield player client, when browsing other TV series. I also find that it restarts itself when I go into seasons, and abruptly ends if I leave the series. Is there a way to fade this action in and out for theme music, so as not to leave it so jarring to the end user?

Thanks kindly in advance. Again, great plugin.

Donald

embyserver (1).txt

Edited by donaldblair

Sammy
12 minutes ago, donaldblair said:

Hello,

This is a great plugin for a great media server. Kudos.

A couple of questions off the hop:

1) Is there a general KB that end users can view for support? Searching one massive thread can be difficult.
2) Is there actual documentation located anywhere? For some reason I couldn't find anything; perhaps not looking hard enough.

The reason for my post: I'm unable to get any content to play from the folders I've set up in the plugin. 

I've set up VP to play the following in order:

-A bumper before the Trivia/Ads (Trivia plays one video, Ads play 3 videos)
-Coming Soon bumper
-Online trailers (currently set to play just one)
-Feature Presentation
-Rating Cards

All files are located on a Windows share for which permissions on the Windows service has been set, and all other library files can be accessed and played.

On playing a movie, online trailers are grabbed just fine and played OK (currently only playing one trailer). However, the client very clearly skips the files in the folders I've set up.

I've attached the log file that was created after cycling it, to show only what happened when I attempted to play a movie. I had set up a temporary library to ensure the files would play without problem, and they play OK, so it doesn't appear to be a compatibility issue.

Another question: how to I enforce the order of the files that are played within each directory? As you can see by the log files, I tried to guesstimate what this would look like, but seeing that it didn't play them at all (and, also, did not order them correctly based on what I thought it would do, and according to the logs): how do I get the files to play in my own specified order, within each folder?

Finally, I don't know if this is the right place for a feature request: I moved from Plex (which was shit) but the one thing they did nicely was fade the theme music in-and-out of switching between shows. I find that sometimes, theme music gets stuck on my Android/Shield player client, when browsing other TV series. I also find that it restarts itself when I go into seasons, and abruptly ends if I leave the series. Is there a way to fade this action in and out for theme music, so as not to leave it so jarring to the end user?

Thanks kindly in advance. Again, great plugin.

Donald

embyserver (1).txt 125.1 kB · 0 downloads

Report issues here:

BillOatman

@donaldblair  Had a problem with one of your directories.

GetCertificationIntro - DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path 'M:\Rating Cards'

Edited by BillOatman

Diedrich

I'm unable to get this plugin to work at all with Emby stable 4.6.7.0. I've enabled "Enable Cinema Intros". I've uninstalled Cinema Mode plugin. I've even installed the Trailers plugin.

I have a Bumper folder and a Trailers folder (Dolby DTS and Atmos demos). None of the Bumper or Trailers will play even though they are selected in each section and the paths are selected. What am I doing wrong?

Cheesegeezer
2 hours ago, Diedrich said:

I'm unable to get this plugin to work at all with Emby stable 4.6.7.0. I've enabled "Enable Cinema Intros". I've uninstalled Cinema Mode plugin. I've even installed the Trailers plugin.

I have a Bumper folder and a Trailers folder (Dolby DTS and Atmos demos). None of the Bumper or Trailers will play even though they are selected in each section and the paths are selected. What am I doing wrong?

The codec section breaks the plugin at the moment. I’m working on a fix for it right now. 

• Thanks 3

Sammy
5 hours ago, Cheesegeezer said:

The codec section breaks the plugin at the moment. I’m working on a fix for it right now. 

😎

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
BossFight

Adult Swim, Toonami and Cartoon Network all had these little shorts/promos/bumpers that they would play during the commercial break and I honestly really enjoyed them. They helped give the programming blocks their own specific feeling. Made the shows feel more like a cohesive whole rather than just a bunch of random tv shows airing back to back.

I want to recreate that same feeling. To that end I am trying to find a way to create a playlist or collection or something which will take a random episode from a series of shows I have, play it, and then air a random bumper before playing another random episode. Ideally it would keep multi-part episodes together, but it doesn't have to.

This plugin looks like the best way to do this, but I am having some trouble figuring out how it works. Is there a; guide or anything on its use?

Cheesegeezer
26 minutes ago, BossFight said:

Adult Swim, Toonami and Cartoon Network all had these little shorts/promos/bumpers that they would play during the commercial break and I honestly really enjoyed them. They helped give the programming blocks their own specific feeling. Made the shows feel more like a cohesive whole rather than just a bunch of random tv shows airing back to back.

I want to recreate that same feeling. To that end I am trying to find a way to create a playlist or collection or something which will take a random episode from a series of shows I have, play it, and then air a random bumper before playing another random episode. Ideally it would keep multi-part episodes together, but it doesn't have to.

This plugin looks like the best way to do this, but I am having some trouble figuring out how it works. Is there a; guide or anything on its use?

So you would need to "Tag" these episodes and then name your "little shorts" with the same tag. in the tag folder

However VantagePoint doesn't cater for Episodes at the moment.

Now i've finished the MediaInfo plugin, my attention will turn back to VantagePoint. This is on the hit list next lol :D 

image.png.ae3e54a1b485ba7bafa8286bfb6ab6c9.png

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
Cheesegeezer

Work has started on VP2.0 - its early days and I’m just playing visual ideas.

it will include TV shows also in this release.

this is not a feature request invite - so no FR at the moment.

its gonna be more visual and very flexible so you can choose exactly what you want it to do.

69D263FB-7416-49CE-ABF9-A19EF7112830.png.c0380d1429e795b5903f9e032bb52b28.png

and these are stored nicely in the config now. 

23817486-0794-4B2E-B10F-47F80EA0F615.png.c3a3381a504d8f3e5df1749f3883132e.png

• Like 3

Cheesegeezer

Standby for an invite for select few to a testing PM. Let me know if your in.

Edited by Cheesegeezer

fillidill
26 minutes ago, Cheesegeezer said:

I am in, if I'm one of the lucky ones 😁

Cheesegeezer

So insight to the new Layout....  So you can name your intro selection to allow for ease of identifying

BUMPER OPTIONS & SINGLE (Specific) INTROS

image.thumb.png.6e6644921c66d745c98cf29d09c25202.png

FOLDER OPTIONS - Allows you to Choose a folder and a number of videos to play from that folder in a random order.

image.png.d18606191e120c02d60a76a36b479923.png

TRAILER OPTIONS

image.thumb.png.7e191ce4fcd9e2413a5ae2591c6d7f05.png

This is then populated in a story board which will let you see the order.  There is no limit to what you can add and you can set it up however you want.  

Some scenarios would be.  if you have a specific folder full of trailers (not trailers in folders) then you can just select the folder option and set that folder.

If you wish to select internal trailers use the trailers option and then set the Select Local Trailers to 2 

The options are literally endless now.

I plan to allow for drag and drop to aid in re-organising.

still plenty to do but Progress!!!!

Here is the story board

image.png.43dbdab7310ab7bbf180f212105c9fb3.png

• Like 3

Cheesegeezer

More specific options have been added

image.png.8801f88160bbfd5422d687ed7322eae2.png

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
Cheesegeezer
18 minutes ago, PrincessClevage said:

Happy to help with testing if you want to expand on testers

I sure will do.  I've completed the UI now, just need to hook up the back end

image.thumb.png.bb8fd467851dbef90e1a5f8089f21936.png

Clicking on the icon bring up a menu to move the intro or delete it

image.png.2ea9da9da8fdf160a44e502b61f9669b.png

And you can decide exactly how you want it to play in any order and as many items as you want for the pre rolls.

image.png.97138f6eab1903fdeb1474c96390a47f.png

Selecting a folder will take x number of intros randomly from that folder and play them in a random order also.

image.png.e06a7d07e655a7a48e011e59c18ae83b.png

Edited by Cheesegeezer
  • Like 2

Sammy

Glad to see progress on this.

Are codec intros fixed now?

Tag me when you release a new dll to test.

Sammy
On 7/11/2022 at 1:33 PM, Cheesegeezer said:

Missed this.

I want in!

Cheesegeezer

WARNING: DO NOT UPDATE TO EMBY BETA 4.8.0.7

New changes in this version (Removing GUID references) breaks any folder paths. The only thing that will work is Trailers currently

ignore this

Edited by Cheesegeezer

Sammy
12 minutes ago, Cheesegeezer said:

WARNING: DO NOT UPDATE TO EMBY BETA 4.8.0.7

New changes in this version (Removing GUID references) breaks any folder paths. The only thing that will work is Trailers currently

Too late. 🙄

image.png.f390a6fb807a7fac3ade0b4faf665752.png

• Sad 1

Cheesegeezer
25 minutes ago, Sammy said:

Too late. 🙄

Working on a fix now, for both versions to work..... fingers crossed i have found it..... testing now

• Like 2