Vantage Point - Big Screen Experience Intros

Cheesegeezer

Cheesegeezer
13 minutes ago, fillidill said:

Hi Cheese!

I just tried the local trailers-function and can't seem to get trailers in my specified folder to play. In the log I see this:

2021-11-15 14:58:45.021 Info Vantage Point: Enable LOCAL Trailers = False
2021-11-15 14:58:45.024 Error App: Error getting intros
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 4.6.4.0
	Command line: /system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /config -ffdetect /bin/ffdetect -ffmpeg /bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /bin/ffprobe -restartexitcode 3
	Operating system: Linux version 4.4.59+ (root@build3) (gcc version 4.9.3 20150311 (prerelease) (crosstool-NG 1.20.0) ) #25556 SMP PREEMPT Sat Aug 28 02:17:26 CST 2021
	Framework: .NET Core 3.1.13
	OS/Process: x64/x64
	Runtime: system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
	Processor count: 4
	Data path: /config
	Application path: /system
	SQLitePCL.pretty.SQLiteException: Error: no such column: UserDatas.played - select A.Id,A.StartDate,A.EndDate,A.CommunityRating,A.CustomRating,A.IndexNumber,A.IsLocked,A.PreferredMetadataLanguage,A.PreferredMetadataCountryCode,A.Width,A.Height,A.DateLastRefreshed,A.Name,A.Path,A.PremiereDate,A.Overview,A.ParentIndexNumber,A.ProductionYear,A.OfficialRating,A.ForcedSortName,A.RunTimeTicks,A.Size,A.Container,A.DateCreated,A.DateModified,A.guid,A.ParentId,A.IsInMixedFolder,A.DateLastSaved,A.LockedFields,A.OriginalTitle,A.IsVirtualItem,A.SeriesName,A.Album,A.AlbumId,A.SeriesId,A.PresentationUniqueKey,A.InheritedParentalRatingValue,A.Tagline,A.ProviderIds,A.Images,A.ProductionLocations,A.TotalBitrate,A.ExternalId,A.SeriesPresentationUniqueKey,A.DisplayOrder,A.ThreeDFormat,A.RemoteTrailers,A.SortIndexNumber,A.SortParentIndexNumber,A.IndexNumberEnd,(((OfficialRating is null) * 5)+Min(5, Max(0, 10 - Abs(COALESCE(ProductionYear, 0) - @ItemProductionYear)))+ ((Select count(LinkedId) from ItemLinks where ItemId=Id and LinkedId in (select LinkedId from ItemLinks where ItemId=@SimilarItemId)) * 10)) as SimilarityScore from MediaItems A where SimilarityScore > 9 AND type=8 AND UserDatas.played=@IsPlayed AND Id not in (1632100) AND (ProviderIds is null or (ProviderIds not like @ExcludeProviderId0)) ORDER BY SimilarityScore DESC,RANDOM() ASC
	SQLitePCL.pretty.SQLiteException: Exception of type 'SQLitePCL.pretty.SQLiteException' was thrown.
	   at SQLitePCL.pretty.SQLiteDatabaseConnection.PrepareStatement(String sql, String& tail)
	   at SQLitePCL.pretty.DatabaseConnection.PrepareStatement(IDatabaseConnection This, String sql)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Data.SqliteItemRepository.QueryItemsInTransaction[T](InternalItemsQuery query, IDatabaseConnection db, String[] columnsToSelect, Func`5 rowReaderFn, Boolean singleResult, String methodName)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Data.SqliteItemRepository.GetItems(InternalItemsQuery query)
	   at VPCode.VantagePoint.VPIntroProvider.GetComingAttractionsFromTrailerFolder(VantagePointConfiguration config, BaseItem item)
	   at VPCode.VantagePoint.VPIntroProvider.GetResultForMovies(BaseItem item, IEnumerable`1 candidates, VantagePointConfiguration config)
	   at VPCode.VantagePoint.VPIntroProvider.GetIntros(BaseItem item, User user)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Library.LibraryManager.GetIntros(IIntroProvider provider, BaseItem item, User user)
	Source: SQLitePCL.pretty
	TargetSite: SQLitePCL.pretty.IStatement PrepareStatement(System.String, System.String ByRef)

Maybe I am misunderstanding what this function does. My understanding is that I just point to a folder with videofiles (trailers) and it should play these before a movie? Is that correct? Or is it connected with the emby function Local Trailers?

yep that's correct.  i'm just gonna test it now myself and see what's going on.

Thanks

• Like 1

MangaAddict
1 hour ago, Cheesegeezer said:

@MangaAddict

how is the new options working for the personal bumper?

Cheers

This is perfect! It's EXACTLY what I wanted. My only problem now is deciding which bumpers to use for each section. lol. Thank you soo much for this! 👍👍👍

• Haha 1

Cheesegeezer
4 minutes ago, MangaAddict said:

@Cheesegeezer Is there a way to set one audio bumper to play for all movies? I can't find audio bumpers that matches all of my movies. lol

not currently Manga. which are you missing? i'll see if i have any.

I guess that could be another option. But i just rename the video file to the codec name. to bypass this.  

Here is the source i get all my intros from for 

Audio / Video Format Trailers Archives - The Digital Theater

image.png.370ea63e44ae64c24a00a1e8f758775f.png

• Like 1

MangaAddict

@Cheesegeezer Thanks, I usually get my audio bumpers from there as well, but I only downloaded a few hoping to just use those. Now that I know how it works, I'll go through my library and download the others 👍 

fillidill
On 11/15/2021 at 3:18 PM, Cheesegeezer said:

yep that's correct.  i'm just gonna test it now myself and see what's going on.

Thanks

Did you have time to test and if so, did it work for you? 
Thanks for your help with this!

TallBoiDez

I'm having an issue with the MPAA file they won't play at all and I've even tried renaming them and tested with different movies, but no luck

Cheesegeezer
On 19/11/2021 at 22:27, TallBoiDez said:

What's the naming scheme for MPAA files @Cheesegeezer

Same as emby’s scheme. It basically looks for a match. So for example…. GB-15 in emby would need to have filename in selected folder as GB-15.mp4 or what ever extension your file is. It needs to be a movie file.

Cheesegeezer
1 hour ago, fillidill said:

Did you have time to test and if so, did it work for you? 
Thanks for your help with this!

Not yet sorry, been completely rammed with work operations. Please bear with me

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have Emby installed on Ubuntu 20.04 with the Vantage Point Plugin installed.  I like it a lot, and it works well for what I need it to do.  Great job!!!  I noticed that when I open the settings, it says that I have version 1.0.0.5 installed, but in the My Plugins section it is listed as 1.0.0.6.  Is that normal?

image.png.6bf9005f4222abae1aa62bb7ef0b9c57.pngimage.png.add4cd241210982c0fe6b85f590c5cc3.png

• 3 weeks later...
hypeserver
On 2/22/2022 at 8:15 AM, crusher11 said:

@Cheesegeezer Is this pretty much dead? 

I think so. I have not been able to get this plugin to work for the life of me. I have Emby Premiere and cinema intros enabled too. 

EDIT: Got it working now, didn't realize I had to enable the bumper for each section

Edited by hypeserver

Just wondering if we can get an updated version that would allow the use of HD, 4k, Dolby Vision Trailers?  And if there could be a check to see if the device supports the DV or HDR or just HD.  If not atleast a check box so you can pick 4k or dolby vision to be an option.  

Nostradamus1973
1 hour ago, Gods said:

Just wondering if we can get an updated version that would allow the use of HD, 4k, Dolby Vision Trailers?  And if there could be a check to see if the device supports the DV or HDR or just HD.  If not atleast a check box so you can pick 4k or dolby vision to be an option.  

I don't have a finite answer, but, I may be able to offer you a viable reason for not having those formats.

I've pondered that thought in the past and one would think that those formats would be the way to go at first glance. However, when thinking about "Commercial Free Videos" there's someone who has to pay for that extra bandwidth and the necessity of needing WAY more storage, then, it starts to makes sense why having lower resolution is the way to go. On top of that, the device would need to support those newer formats, if it didn't, then multiple versions would be needed to be ready for deployment.

Those are my thoughts(which could be wrong), of course you could download your own trailers and place them into your own folders at ANY resolution/audio-channels you'd prefer.

Have a nice day.

Edited by Nostradamus1973
Didn't have enough coffee and forgot a point.

MangaAddict

@Cheesegeezer Hi, is anyone else having a problem with online trailers? VP is only playing local trailers. I tried using the Local Trailers option with a folder containing downloaded trailers, but then VP doesn't work at all and goes directly to the movie.  

Nostradamus1973

@MangaAddictI've been using online trailers with Vantage Point for many months and have noticed that from time to time I'll get an error, other than that it's been working flawlessly for me; I even tweaked mine a little and added the Emby_Intro_AACv2_5_1.mp4(to the feature presentation intro section) posted in this thread just to customize my experience.

I think if you use local trailers then you can't use the online trailers, BUT, I haven't looked at any of the revisions in the last few moths, so, that may have been changed/improved-upon.

MangaAddict
37 minutes ago, Nostradamus1973 said:

@MangaAddictI've been using online trailers with Vantage Point for many months and have noticed that from time to time I'll get an error, other than that it's been working flawlessly for me; I even tweaked mine a little and added the Emby_Intro_AACv2_5_1.mp4(to the feature presentation intro section) posted in this thread just to customize my experience.

I think if you use local trailers then you can't use the online trailers, BUT, I haven't looked at any of the revisions in the last few moths, so, that may have been changed/improved-upon.

Hi, I was exclusively using online trailers, also with the Emby intro and bumpers for No smoking and an Imax Countdown. It worked flawlessly for months, but about a week ago, It started skipping online trailers completely, so it would play Emby intro, (skip online trailers), No smoking bumper and finally Imax Countdown. In the Online Trailer section, there's an option to use local trailers. When I check that, everything works, just it only pulls trailers from movie I already have, with their trailers already downloaded. I tried disabling online trailers, hoping to solely use local trailers from a single specific folder, but when I try that, the plugin doesn't work at all. I tried reinstalling, but no luck....

Nostradamus1973

@MangaAddictI feel for you, I know I was frustrated in the beginning as well, then got everything working.

I forgot to add one very important detail, I've been running the Emby Betas, currently I'm donning 4.7.0.29, but, hadn't experienced any issues with prior beta-rev's.

I'm sorry I should have mentioned that, I think my coffee hadn't taken effect yet. LOL

I should add that I'm not pushing a Beta on anyone, it comes with risk and some frustration at times, I'm just adding some pertinent information.

Edited by Nostradamus1973
Forgetfullness

MangaAddict
5 hours ago, Nostradamus1973 said:

@MangaAddictI feel for you, I know I was frustrated in the beginning as well, then got everything working.

I forgot to add one very important detail, I've been running the Emby Betas, currently I'm donning 4.7.0.29, but, hadn't experienced any issues with prior beta-rev's.

I'm sorry I should have mentioned that, I think my coffee hadn't taken effect yet. LOL

I should add that I'm not pushing a Beta on anyone, it comes with risk and some frustration at times, I'm just adding some pertinent information.

Thanks, and I usually use betas as well, but didn't with Emby. More of an oversight. Lol. I'll try that and hopefully it resolves the issue. Thanks soo much for your help.

• Like 1

On 3/7/2022 at 7:28 AM, MangaAddict said:

Hi, I was exclusively using online trailers, also with the Emby intro and bumpers for No smoking and an Imax Countdown. It worked flawlessly for months, but about a week ago, It started skipping online trailers completely, so it would play Emby intro, (skip online trailers), No smoking bumper and finally Imax Countdown. In the Online Trailer section, there's an option to use local trailers. When I check that, everything works, just it only pulls trailers from movie I already have, with their trailers already downloaded. I tried disabling online trailers, hoping to solely use local trailers from a single specific folder, but when I try that, the plugin doesn't work at all. I tried reinstalling, but no luck....

I had that happen a while ago and what had happened was the trailers plugin which seems to still need to be downloaded for mine to work had no unseen trailers left.  I had to go and uncheck all the trailers before it started to show them again.  But i have never been able to have trailers unless i have the trailer plugin installed as well.  

• Like 1

On 3/7/2022 at 5:06 AM, Nostradamus1973 said:

I don't have a finite answer, but, I may be able to offer you a viable reason for not having those formats.

I've pondered that thought in the past and one would think that those formats would be the way to go at first glance. However, when thinking about "Commercial Free Videos" there's someone who has to pay for that extra bandwidth and the necessity of needing WAY more storage, then, it starts to makes sense why having lower resolution is the way to go. On top of that, the device would need to support those newer formats, if it didn't, then multiple versions would be needed to be ready for deployment.

Those are my thoughts(which could be wrong), of course you could download your own trailers and place them into your own folders at ANY resolution/audio-channels you'd prefer.

Have a nice day.

I do get what you are saying about the space to store all of those but if they are online only anyways it wouldn't make a difference in storage.  Bandwidth most people who will use this feature will probably have either high bandwidth caps or unlimited.  Or do you mean that the server side of this is actually someone who is keeping the trailers on there own pc and then sharing to others?  Because if they are just being scraped say from youtube then it would be youtube side dealing with the bandwidth and the storage issues as nothing is being stored on the pc itself unless you are using local files.  

Nostradamus1973

@GodsYou have a good point, and one I hadn't thought of, like I said, I don't have any inside info on the matter, just a few thoughts that are based on "assumptions"(I think there's a reference in UnderSeige 2 from 1995, but I digress), that might be a question for @Cheesegeezer

It's always nice to have other points of view, thx @Gods

Have a great day😁👍