Vantage Point - Big Screen Experience Intros

Cheesegeezer

Cheesegeezer
6 minutes ago, MEB said:

Nice plugin but I am getting crashes while using it. Here is latest crash log, happens every time I try to play a movie it makes it through all the preroll videos but crashes when it tries to play the movie. https://pastebin.com/6mj31T9T

I had a look thru the log and it looks like Vantage Point has collected all the info and is playing your intros.

Couple of questions.

1. Does your PG rating play ok?
  2. can you remove the PG rating from the playlist
  3. normally there is a Country Prefix for Ratings which need to match the emby parental rating.  For Example GB-15

image.png.a2c86682f2fd432e458c042ecf76aa34.png

if it doesn't match the emby ratings then it shouldn't play, but i may have to look at my code for this.  I have had some issues with the rating system in the plugin.

Let me know how you get on.  Cheers 

On 9/13/2021 at 8:09 PM, Cheesegeezer said:

I had a look thru the log and it looks like Vantage Point has collected all the info and is playing your intros.

Couple of questions.

1. Does your PG rating play ok?
  2. can you remove the PG rating from the playlist
  3. normally there is a Country Prefix for Ratings which need to match the emby parental rating.  For Example GB-15

1. Well it actually only occasionally played but things still crashed

2. I removed it and then things started to play properly so I guess there is something wrong with ratings I was using the ratings that were posted on here.

Edit: spoke too soon tried a different movie and still crashed.

Checked logs and it looks like it was crashing a specific video so I deleted it and will keep checking.

Yep keeps crashing but now its random when it happens, on the same movie its about 50/50 it makes it through all prerolls but still crashes once it goes to play the movie.

unhandled_64748dd7-8ae2-48ce-9ed3-18788b2e69e1.txt ffmpeg-transcode-ca3610ff-f70c-48e4-b2bd-f18ceeef007a_1.txt embyserver-63767309062.txt

Edited by MEB

Any idea what could be causing this? I would like to keep using this plugin but a 50/50 chance it will crash and I would have to get off my ass to start the server again is too much.

MangaAddict

@Cheesegeezer Hi, this is the guy from Youtube. I found the bumpers, thanks soo much. The one I really want isn't there though, it's the one with the Emby logo. Also, two questions, firstly, I tried using an Imax intro, but it plays 3 times, once after each segment. Is it possible for it to only play once at the start? Secondly, can I select which users have access to Vantage? I have multiple users on my server and while setting it up, my 10 year niece and her 7 year old brother tried to watch Captain Underpants, but were greeted with the trailers for Bye Bye Man and Wrong Turn.....they're scarred for life. lol. Is there a way to at least keep using the plugin but for myself only? Thanks again!

• Thanks 1

Cheesegeezer
3 minutes ago, MangaAddict said:

@Cheesegeezer Hi, this is the guy from Youtube. I found the bumpers, thanks soo much. The one I really want isn't there though, it's the one with the Emby logo. Also, two questions, firstly, I tried using an Imax intro, but it plays 3 times, once after each segment. Is it possible for it to only play once at the start? Secondly, can I select which users have access to Vantage? I have multiple users on my server and while setting it up, my 10 year niece and her 7 year old brother tried to watch Captain Underpants, but were greeted with the trailers for Bye Bye Man and Wrong Turn.....they're scarred for life. lol. Is there a way to at least keep using the plugin but for myself only? Thanks again!

Hello fella,

Yeah I know about the 3 times thing, i need to sort that and move the option to the start of each individual sections, so the user can enable when they want to display it.  A little oversite on my part.

The other thing is a little worrying actually...

Couple of questions please if you don't mind,

1. which Trailers are you using? Local or Internet.
  2. Did you have Enable parental control "ON"?  This should check against the item being shown and only allow trailers upto that Parental Rating.  

image.png.a33e12d84579aeddb7eefb0386ac6f92.png

image.png.32a570d0526ac741234dad5ccb7f796c.png

MangaAddict

@Cheesegeezer I use online trailers only, I rather get trailers for new and upcoming movies that aren't in my library. I have parental controls off, because I thought enabling the plugin would've only enabled it for me. TBH I have about 15 people using my server and I'm the only person who wanted the full cinema experience, everyone just expects to click on a movie and watch it.....weirdos..lol  

• Thanks 1

Cheesegeezer
2 minutes ago, MangaAddict said:

@Cheesegeezer I use online trailers only, I rather get trailers for new and upcoming movies that aren't in my library. I have parental controls off, because I thought enabling the plugin would've only enabled it for me. TBH I have about 15 people using my server and I'm the only person who wanted the full cinema experience, everyone just expects to click on a movie and watch it.....weirdos..lol  

That's no problems, so all of your users can disable the function in their own clients.

All they have to do is go to the settings and select playback and then disable Cinema Intros. The function is there for everyone, and I don't need to add specific use case.  If you get what i mean.

Cheers

image.png.2e8b8b7a4d2866320aa251826362e077.png

Cheesegeezer

I will get these improvements done over the next week, I’ve been busy helping with the new IntroSkip plugin, but will have some time to tweak these changes.

thanks for your patience 

• Like 1

nomatches4mikey

Not sure if there's a separate place for plugin Feature Requests...

I love that you're expanding the Custom Intros feature.  I wonder if it would be possible to assign a time window for specific clips to be shown.  For example, my family does a Friday night movie most weeks.  I was thinking about adding a Feature Presentation intro video like the 80s network TV movies, but I'd only want that one to be triggered on the corresponding night.  I included a sample below.  It wouldn't need to be limited to just the Feature Presentation...  It's often a hassle to get the kids to get their food and snacks to start the movie.  It might be nice to trigger the full VP experience to get them in Friday Night Movie Night mode, but just play the movie if it's a regular weeknight.

• Like 1

Cheesegeezer
1 hour ago, nomatches4mikey said:

Not sure if there's a separate place for plugin Feature Requests...

I love that you're expanding the Custom Intros feature.  I wonder if it would be possible to assign a time window for specific clips to be shown.  For example, my family does a Friday night movie most weeks.  I was thinking about adding a Feature Presentation intro video like the 80s network TV movies, but I'd only want that one to be triggered on the corresponding night.  I included a sample below.  It wouldn't need to be limited to just the Feature Presentation...  It's often a hassle to get the kids to get their food and snacks to start the movie.  It might be nice to trigger the full VP experience to get them in Friday Night Movie Night mode, but just play the movie if it's a regular weeknight.

It’s a great idea, i need to do some other work to the plugin first. Such as User profiles, address some community improvements.

I’ll have to see how i can implement this. Probably put it as a scheduled task so the user can assign times and triggers they want to enable the plugin. I’ll have a play after the other improvements have happened, it shouldn’t take long to do them, just need the time.

cheers

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

MangaAddict
On 10/2/2021 at 8:05 AM, Cheesegeezer said:

I will get these improvements done over the next week, I’ve been busy helping with the new IntroSkip plugin, but will have some time to tweak these changes.

thanks for your patience 

I checked out the IntroSkip plugin and it looks awesome. I really want to try it on my main server. Is it safe to do so, or is there a possibility of messing something up?

Cheesegeezer
23 minutes ago, MangaAddict said:

I checked out the IntroSkip plugin and it looks awesome. I really want to try it on my main server. Is it safe to do so, or is there a possibility of messing something up?

No ... just wait mate. We are really tweaking the detection and you would need to run the beta server build to test. So only experienced users should try it. Once we are happy it will be released to plugin store

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, 

first of all great work!!!

Just wanted to share my (german) FSK rating videos with you... 

I made FSK16 and FSK18 only because i do not need the other ones...

If someone is interested in all of them, just let me know

Greetz ❤️

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

First off just wanted to restate this is the best plugin full stop. Credit where it is due!

One thing i noticed, and this is not an issue or problem, i presume Emby operates in a different manner so let me explain the steps, chance are its just the way Emby works and is edge case

• Navigate Emby direct on the device - Vantage point works perfectly
  • Navigate on the mobile app but remote control it to play on the main device attached to the tv (my case the shield), Film plays directly no vantage point actions activated

I presume it's just the way Emby handles the process and again not an issue it's rare i do this was just intrigued in the difference thats all

• Like 1

Cheesegeezer
3 minutes ago, CassTG said:

First off just wanted to restate this is the best plugin full stop. Credit where it is due!

One thing i noticed, and this is not an issue or problem, i presume Emby operates in a different manner so let me explain the steps, chance are its just the way Emby works and is edge case

• Navigate Emby direct on the device - Vantage point works perfectly
  • Navigate on the mobile app but remote control it to play on the main device attached to the tv (my case the shield), Film plays directly no vantage point actions activated

I presume it's just the way Emby handles the process and again not an issue it's rare i do this was just intrigued in the difference thats all

Hey CassTG,  Thanks very much for the praise, it's appreciated.

i am unfortuantely not by my main system.  One thing you could try to determine if it's me or the core emby side.  

You can install the core CinemaIntros plugin, remove vantage point (your settings are saved to a xml file so they will be safe) and see if the core plugin behaves the same.  Essentially we both tie into the same list of paths to play, so if that's the case, we will have to submit a bug to admin.

Thanks for your help. 

I promise i will spend some time on this soon to fix some of the stuff, @chef is beating me with a stick lol :D 🤪 - naaa, we are just soo close to finishing the IntroSkip plugin

• Like 1

Hi

as i mentioned no probs at all it's not something thats an issue i was just intrigued by the inner workings to be honest.

I will run a test and see if it plays using default trailer setup and report back

And yeah that intro plugin looks like a winner also so yeah this isnt' something of concern and is working spot on otherwise

For those that would like some modern BBFC ratings cards i created these below.

BBFC ones are hard to replicate as normally the films titles are present so these are more generic, however i also create these for warnings before films based on tags, so the first is an example which plays on films tagged as extreme.

However if anyone is interested i will explain the tool used. 

I am normally working in premiere pro but its overkill for this so i actually have started using CANVA, which is free and so easy to use. All my info cards certs and also trailer intros like Film of the week are created here. They have loads of video intro templates to work with.

Anyway i have created a shareable link which after you have signed up for a free account it will import this template with all animations etc into project page so you can edit.

For this example i just chucked in the JF logo top left as didn't want to use Emby logo  in public forum without permission lol but here i actually have my logo i created and you can replace with your own.

The great thing is although it appears as one long timeline at the bottom, when you click Download you can select which "pages" you want to render in 1080p, so you can export one page at a time for each cert.

I have amended them today to add a 1 sec blank page after each as Emby sometimes whilst loading up the main feature shows reminents of the actual cert page so i added this so it displays black whilst loading the film. There's loads of free assets you can use which can be coloured to your liking to match your theme.

Anyways heres some clean modern examples

And this is how simple the timeline is, absolutely anyone can use this tool

664704037_Screenshot2021-10-28at17_28_52.thumb.png.f90c8386730d1be676fd0a329bc516c9.png

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, CassTG said:

BBFC ones are hard to replicate as normally the films titles are present so these are more generic, however i also create these for warnings before films based on tags, so the first is an example which plays on films tagged as extreme.

I am normally working in premiere pro but its overkill for this so i actually have started using CANVA, which is free and so easy to use. All my info cards certs and also trailer intros like Film of the week are created here. They have loads of video intro templates to work with.

Anyway i have created a shareable link which after you have signed up for a free account it will import this template with all animations etc into project page so you can edit.

For this example i just chucked in the JF logo top left as didn't want to use Emby logo  in public forum without permission lol but here i actually have my logo i created and you can replace with your own.

The great thing is although it appears as one long timeline at the bottom, when you click Download you can select which "pages" you want to render in 1080p, so you can export one page at a time for each cert.

I have amended them today to add a 1 sec blank page after each as Emby sometimes whilst loading up the main feature shows reminents of the actual cert page so i added this so it displays black whilst loading the film. There's loads of free assets you can use which can be coloured to your liking to match your theme.

664704037_Screenshot2021-10-28at17_28_52.thumb.png.f90c8386730d1be676fd0a329bc516c9.png

Those are super nice! But that's not the Emby logo... 😂

So does this plugin run on JellyRoll too?

Question: do all of emby plugins run on jellyfin?

Cheesegeezer
17 minutes ago, CassTG said:

These are beautiful, Thank you very much for sharing them.  Do you have the individual video files.

And do you mind if i add them to the link in the plugin.

I work in After Effects as I know how that works and it's just easy, plus the renders at high res is more accurate.

Cheesegeezer
1 minute ago, chef said:

I would assume so but i have no idea to be fair.

4 minutes ago, chef said:

I did mention that i didnt use the emby logo as i didnt want someone going all copyright on my ass lol hence i just through in jellyfins logo cos i dont care about them lol, in my copy i have my own logo but as these are editable in the template on canva that way users could see how and where to upload their own logo

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Cheesegeezer said:

These are beautiful, Thank you very much for sharing them.  Do you have the individual video files.

And do you mind if i add them to the link in the plugin.

I work in After Effects as I know how that works and it's just easy, plus the renders at high res is more accurate.

Yeah i normally work in AE (badly) and pro but these were done for free on canva so i will send you the template link and you can download them individually from there direct, signing up only needs a throw away email address no personal details for free account

Then to export them one at a time just click the download button

And select the Pages so for example the extreme warning is just page 1

then each other complete file is a pair for example page 2 and page 3 (title page and blank 1 sec black page)

406721161_Screenshot2021-10-28at18_19_54.png.506574257374d5fa98055905121475b4.png

Then you can do what you like with them

All though i do then run the files through Handbrake using fast1080p30 preset and tick web optimised for faster streaming, i know it sounds stupid but i like the files under 1MB lol which they are lol.

On the TV they do look spot on

Screenshot 2021-10-28 at 18.18.34.png

• Thanks 1