Vantage Point - Big Screen Experience Intros

Cheesegeezer

crusher11

If it doesn't match a rating, would it not be better to have it simply not show any ratings clip than to have it randomise one? 

Cheesegeezer
1 hour ago, crusher11 said:

If it doesn't match a rating, would it not be better to have it simply not show any ratings clip than to have it randomise one? 

Actually it would be better show an unrated one or something similar, As this plugin is designed to be used to give a cinema experience for someone with a dedicated cinema or where they want to sit down and pretend they are in a cinema. Not for a casual user that just likes the odd intro.

or just sort your library out- seems like you are fairly ontop of all your library as far as tagging everything 

var morale = getsSuckedOut(int intensity, User user)

Edited by Cheesegeezer
  • Haha 2

Cheesegeezer
2 hours ago, Awkwardphoton said:

Here's the link to my project files, you should have everything you need in there, if you need anything else from me, just give me a shout!

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/gxa5exvvk2hnthq/AADIx677s9omAoXaW5_z_1JMa?dl=0

Also, the plugin appears for me now, even though I haven't upgraded, so thanks for that. Can't wait to give your work a go.

i dropped the compatibilty revision for the plugin.

Thanks for the files, i'll have a play later

Awkwardphoton

Been playing around with it for a little bit and it's working great for me. Great work.

I don't want to flood you with ideas because I know you're going to want to get it all polished up, but it would be great, in the future of course, if you could play a certain video if the title matches the IMDB or MOVIEDB ID, it might not be a huge feature for most people, but it would be awesome for my project with the BBFC certificate videos so that we don't have to have a generic one for the age rating.

It might be too niche of a feature though, but it's something i've been dying for.

If you have a donate link anywhere, or have anywhere where we can support you, that'd be good. I'd be more than happy to send a few quid your way for your work!

Cheesegeezer
10 minutes ago, Awkwardphoton said:

Been playing around with it for a little bit and it's working great for me. Great work.

I don't want to flood you with ideas because I know you're going to want to get it all polished up, but it would be great, in the future of course, if you could play a certain video if the title matches the IMDB or MOVIEDB ID, it might not be a huge feature for most people, but it would be awesome for my project with the BBFC certificate videos so that we don't have to have a generic one for the age rating.

It might be too niche of a feature though, but it's something i've been dying for.

If you have a donate link anywhere, or have anywhere where we can support you, that'd be good. I'd be more than happy to send a few quid your way for your work!

That’s very kind, but no need. And glad it’s working well for you.

what my plans are is to overlay the movie title in generic “this feature pres...”

baby steps at the moment, next hurdle is to integrate home automation at the necessary steps

then finesse everything with a polished interface, profile for different clients, etc

Cheesegeezer
7 minutes ago, BillOatman said:

@Cheesegeezer Looking forward to seeing where this goes and seeing how you did it if you github it at some point :)

I will have to keep it private due to the emby premiere subscription requirement for it, otherwise people will just create a branch and remove the validation checks.

BillOatman
16 minutes ago, Cheesegeezer said:

I will have to keep it private due to the emby premiere subscription requirement for it, otherwise people will just create a branch and remove the validation checks.

Oh yeah that's a good point.

Cheesegeezer
21 hours ago, Awkwardphoton said:

So if you can give me some more info on how your project is set up, it might be a one liner of code to add.

Mainly your naming convention of your ratings movies.

crusher11

What does "Other types of trailers" encompass?

Edited by crusher11

Awkwardphoton
14 hours ago, Cheesegeezer said:

So if you can give me some more info on how your project is set up, it might be a one liner of code to add.

Mainly your naming convention of your ratings movies.

Well, my naming convention for the rating videos would be either the IMDB or MovieDB id of that film, so for example, for the movie 'memento' I would have a ratings video called '77.mp4' as that's the MovieDB id for that film.

I think it would work the same as how you're doing the Age Rating option in the plugin currently, assuming that is just reading the tag for the rating.

I hope that was clear enough. Thanks

Screenshot_20210602-105718.png

crusher11
On 6/1/2021 at 2:50 AM, Cheesegeezer said:

Actually it would be better show an unrated one or something similar, 

Perhaps, although that assumes you have one for that.

Unrated isn't actually a thing in Australia, although there's plenty of films I've imported that technically haven't been rated. 

Cheesegeezer
Just now, taylorstan said:

Feature add request: Could you add a section for Trivia 😀

the problem is all the intros must be a video, I don't have access to alter the core server code, so at the minute it's just videos and no powerpoint or images

Awkwardphoton
1 hour ago, Cheesegeezer said:

the problem is all the intros must be a video, I don't have access to alter the core server code, so at the minute it's just videos and no powerpoint or images

The trivia could just be done as a video i guess, and it could be done similarly to how i was saying the rating videos could be done, based off of the Moviedb id tag of the film, if you get what I mean.

Cheesegeezer
1 minute ago, Awkwardphoton said:

The trivia could just be done as a video i guess, and it could be done similarly to how i was saying the rating videos could be done, based off of the Moviedb id tag of the film, if you get what I mean.

Agree, i have actually put in the logic for rating videos.  it goes thru this logic to find a match and play 

So First it checks if the variousID's to see if it matches your rating video name, this is if you are creating a specific slide that has the name of the movie in the rating.  Like this

image.thumb.png.9f8a0e77ea10cefd536d55470e383084.png

if it doesn't find any specific ones, it will then move onto the Cert Rating with the generic name. 

image.thumb.png.15887d168c05aa8d4c6b9226cc515f9b.png

If the movie doesn't have a rating at all it will skip this section.

If you put a "Default" in the folder it will use this one now.  However it's case sensative.  

1. TMDBID (22345)
  2. IMDBID (tt123456)
  3. MOVIE NAME (Avengers Assemble) - Name must match exactly the Movie Name not sort title or custom name.
  4. CERTIFICATION (GB-15)
  5. DEFAULT (plays your not rated movie)

Awkwardphoton

Agree, i have actually put in the logic for rating videos.  it goes thru this logic to find a match and play 

So First it checks if the variousID's to see if it matches your rating video name, this is if you are creating a specific slide that has the name of the movie in the rating.  Like this

image.thumb.png.9f8a0e77ea10cefd536d55470e383084.png

if it doesn't find any specific ones, it will then move onto the Cert Rating with the generic name. 

image.thumb.png.15887d168c05aa8d4c6b9226cc515f9b.png

If the movie doesn't have a rating at all it will skip this section.

If you put a "Default" in the folder it will use this one now.  However it's case sensative.  

1. TMDBID (22345)
  2. IMDBID (tt123456)
  3. MOVIE NAME (Avengers Assemble) - Name must match exactly the Movie Name not sort title or custom name.
  4. CERTIFICATION (GB-15)
  5. DEFAULT (plays your not rated movie)

That looks like a great way to do it.

so for example, say I have Infinity war in my library, I could have a video file called '299536.mp4' (TMDBID) or 'tt4154756.mp4' for imdb?

and then just have one called 'GB-PG.mp4' to fall back on if nothing else matches and so on.

Edited by Awkwardphoton

Cheesegeezer
8 minutes ago, Awkwardphoton said:

That looks like a great way to do it.

so for example, say I have Infinity war in my library, I could have a video file called '299536.mp4' (TMDBID) or 'tt4154756.mp4' for imdb?

and then just have one called 'GB-PG.mp4' to fall back on if nothing else matches and so on.

exactly mukka G

And have one that is called "Default" incase it's classification is Not rated.

Awkwardphoton

exactly mukka G

And have one that is called "Default" incase it's classification is Not rated.

Yeah that makes sense. That's awesome.

Looks like I better get to work making some videos then! can't wait for this to be live.

taylorstan
2 hours ago, Cheesegeezer said:

I have trivia videos. The question shows for 15-20 secs then the answer will show up. They are from my CinemaVision days using Kodi. 

Cheesegeezer

So you could put those in the Ads/Funnies intros.  I'm not familiar with CinemaVision, but did watch a youtube video and it looks very full featured.  If you would like a trivia section adding, that would be a quick job to do.

• 3 weeks later...
CassTG

Hi

First off many thanks for this plugin it's top notch work.

I have it set up a little different in that i did not want actual trailers for films to play but just some title videos so at the moment it's set to do:

Preroll (set in funnies section)> Info card like extreme cinema warning, video nasties etc (set in Tag section) > BBFC Certificate (set in Official Rating section)

This works great and smooth as, however i have noticed one thing which is random and no biggie so just for info

Most of my Library received BBFC UK ratings which is fine. However a few were tagged with US Ratings

To cover this in my ratings video folder i have the UK videos set and then some duplicates labelled with the us ratings naming scheme i.e R.mp4 and NR.mp4

Interestingly however if i Play a film that Emby has tagged as "R" it will play either the file named R.mp4 or more often than not it just plays the NR.mp4 file. If i rename the NR file to NR.Bak then it will always play the file tagged R.mp4

Films that are tagged NR only play the NR.mp4 file

Anyways just for info and thanks once again

crusher11

Is it possible to force the codec/ratings/bumper videos to play whether Cinema Intros is turned on in the client or not? ie force that setting to only toggle trailers?

Cheesegeezer
1 hour ago, CassTG said:

Hi

First off many thanks for this plugin it's top notch work.

I have it set up a little different in that i did not want actual trailers for films to play but just some title videos so at the moment it's set to do:

Preroll (set in funnies section)> Info card like extreme cinema warning, video nasties etc (set in Tag section) > BBFC Certificate (set in Official Rating section)

This works great and smooth as, however i have noticed one thing which is random and no biggie so just for info

Most of my Library received BBFC UK ratings which is fine. However a few were tagged with US Ratings

To cover this in my ratings video folder i have the UK videos set and then some duplicates labelled with the us ratings naming scheme i.e R.mp4 and NR.mp4

Interestingly however if i Play a film that Emby has tagged as "R" it will play either the file named R.mp4 or more often than not it just plays the NR.mp4 file. If i rename the NR file to NR.Bak then it will always play the file tagged R.mp4

Films that are tagged NR only play the NR.mp4 file

Anyways just for info and thanks once again

Hi there, so this is an issue i have corrected and @crusher11 and @Arly (Sprinkles) have recently tested.. this will be out in next official release(working on home automation) however if you need the fix desperately, send me a message and i will supply it in PM. 

glad you’re enjoying it and thanks for all the feedback

I’m out shearing my sheep today so please bear with me.

• Like 1