Vantage Point - Big Screen Experience Intros

Cheesegeezer

Cheesegeezer

Updated Vantage Point Youtube link

Updated intros which includes the coming soon and feature presentation bumbers. There is a naughty courtesy video, which is why i had to age restrict it on YouTube.

what do you guys think of the progression order, i will  add a way to customise the order for everything but until then... any feed back would be appreciated 

Edited by Cheesegeezer
  • Like 1

BillOatman
5 hours ago, ebr said:

Where in the world are you getting popcorn at a theater for only $5...?

See the source image

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, speechles said:

You can order all the food/drinks, pay ahead and tell em when you will be there. Then just go find a seat and click the "bring my order" button and enter your seat number. It is so simple. You save 10-15% ordering via the app and using bring it to me service.

That almost sounds like things around here. Put in your order, grab your seat, maybe a snap or two of the fingers.
I then rush off to the kitchen, get everything ready and serve the "crowd". :)

• Haha 1

crusher11
5 hours ago, Cheesegeezer said:

Deciding whether to implement this or not

image.thumb.png.2c841f9472b95fd59b247caef61cd233.png

That would at least take care of the issue I raised regarding shorts.

aspdend
On 27/05/2021 at 10:11, Cheesegeezer said:

Hello mate, yup theme isn’t gonna happen, basically would require the whole writing of an app. I wish they hadn’t closed down themes for Emby Theatre.

got a couple of tweaks to do then I’ll release it for a few testers, to test it’s current functionality and not to request features. 

Me too - themes would be great...glad to see you're still there trying to improve stuff though!

• Thanks 1

aspdend
13 hours ago, Cheesegeezer said:

That looks like a good idea - I can restrict it to the bigger, longer films

• Agree 1

Cheesegeezer

So here's the config page.  I will be uploading to the server plugin page shortly as a DEV release, so if you want to test it please set your plugins to dev.

I've done as much testing as possible, but no doubt there will be bugs.  Just let me know if there are and i'll fix them.

Cheers

image.thumb.png.c05b07f278c8dcf6922bd692f40492cc.png

image.thumb.png.8914b6b977134253a4bf770d40ceefbe.png

image.thumb.png.4ca933c73d86057a7a1e751c493a4bc6.png

• Like 2

Cheesegeezer

Can be found in the General section on the server plugin's catalogue

image.thumb.png.b736369a1a15c5539ae7873f781ad290.png

• Like 1

CBers
6 hours ago, Cheesegeezer said:

please set your plugins to dev

Don't think that's an option any more. 

• Agree 2

jachin99
On 5/28/2021 at 1:10 PM, Cheesegeezer said:

Speaking to this idea, I have quite a few movie recordings from Live TV sources (Showtime, HBO, etc.).  These recordings usually start with the credits for the previous movie, and then a channel advertisement meaning something like vantage point loses a lot of its impact.  The option to choose intros, or turn them off based on whether or not a file is a TV recording could be nice.  For me, I think I can likely do that based on codec but for others excluding them by tag might make more sense.  

Building off of the tag idea (Or movie metadata in general), maybe an option to play period specific intros or adds based on movie year, I.E. when watching classic movies, give the user an option to play classic ads, like old coke ads.  

Edited by jachin99

Cheesegeezer
2 hours ago, jachin99 said:

Speaking to this idea, I have quite a few movie recordings from Live TV sources (Showtime, HBO, etc.).  These recordings usually start with the credits for the previous movie, and then a channel advertisement meaning something like vantage point loses a lot of its impact.  The option to choose intros, or turn them off based on whether or not a file is a TV recording could be nice.  For me, I think I can likely do that based on codec but for others excluding them by tag might make more sense.  

Building off of the tag idea (Or movie metadata in general), maybe an option to play period specific intros or adds based on movie year, I.E. when watching classic movies, give the user an option to play classic ads, like old coke ads.  

Love it... feature creaping already.

have you tried the plugin? Tested it in its current form. Can you give feed back please.

There has been software out for years that did this when windows mediacentre was the hub for us techies. It will remove ads/commercials and unwanted intros/outros. Can’t remember what it’s called but there is stuff like that.

jachin99

I just grabbed it to try it out but it looks like Emby is using the regular cinema intros instead of vantage point.  I have cinema intros enabled on the server, and on the client if that matters.  

Cheesegeezer
9 hours ago, jachin99 said:

I just grabbed it to try it out but it looks like Emby is using the regular cinema intros instead of vantage point.  I have cinema intros enabled on the server, and on the client if that matters.  

Thanks for the feedback, i had similar issues too if both were installed. I’ll see what i can do. Cheers

Awkwardphoton

@Cheesegeezer

The plugin isn't showing for me in the catalogue. Any chance for a link to the file directly? It looks really promising.

For the BBFC and MPAA certificates is it a general one for that certificate or can you have matching ones for the film? I have a personal project remaking the BBFC certificate cards and this would be perfect for that.

Edited by Awkwardphoton

Cheesegeezer
14 hours ago, Awkwardphoton said:

@Cheesegeezer

The plugin isn't showing for me in the catalogue. Any chance for a link to the file directly? It looks really promising.

For the BBFC and MPAA certificates is it a general one for that certificate or can you have matching ones for the film? I have a personal project remaking the BBFC certificate cards and this would be perfect for that.

it's definitely there i just checked.  Have you clicked on the catalogue tab.

image.thumb.png.c926cd70ee45831018a6d8ec9bea24d6.png

The age rating certificates actually are checked and if you have a file with the same name as your locale rating then it will select that one, otherwise it will select one at random if it doesn't match.

For example - what is in the library GB-15 if you have the same video named GB-15 or if the rating contains GB-15 it will chose that one.

image.thumb.png.d31c54f7463365d77fd0cae69211c35f.png

image.png.8c163a49bdf3a4432260b361ccb3e759.png

Cheesegeezer
15 hours ago, Awkwardphoton said:

I have a personal project remaking the BBFC certificate cards and this would be perfect for that.

I have created a heap of BBFC slides that i edited in Gimp, which you can use as a template if you want.  Then i just create a 20sec video of the image using the build in windows video editor. Job Jobbed

Here is a link to some of the content I use.  Might be helpful

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x59dyjedx81m79m/AAAPlif_MSLGGOmqS-auC5oza?dl=0

Awkwardphoton
2 hours ago, Cheesegeezer said:

it's definitely there i just checked.  Have you clicked on the catalogue tab.

image.thumb.png.c926cd70ee45831018a6d8ec9bea24d6.png

The age rating certificates actually are checked and if you have a file with the same name as your locale rating then it will select that one, otherwise it will select one at random if it doesn't match.

For example - what is in the library GB-15 if you have the same video named GB-15 or if the rating contains GB-15 it will chose that one.

image.thumb.png.d31c54f7463365d77fd0cae69211c35f.png

image.png.8c163a49bdf3a4432260b361ccb3e759.png

The Plugin doesn't show up for me at all, I'm on the catalogue for sure. That's very strange, I'm sure it will show up at some point.

1.png

Awkwardphoton
1 hour ago, Cheesegeezer said:

I have created a heap of BBFC slides that i edited in Gimp, which you can use as a template if you want.  Then i just create a 20sec video of the image using the build in windows video editor. Job Jobbed

Here is a link to some of the content I use.  Might be helpful

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x59dyjedx81m79m/AAAPlif_MSLGGOmqS-auC5oza?dl=0

Cheers for that! I have a template for the BBFC ones that are updated to the latest style from 2019 if you're interested. I'll attach an example to show you. Let me know! I think it's as accurate as you can get.

age_of_ultron.png

Edited by Awkwardphoton
  • Thanks 1

Cheesegeezer
Just now, Awkwardphoton said:

Cheers for that! I have a template for the BBFC ones that are updated to the latest style from 2019 if you're interested. I'll attach an example to show you. Let me know!

age_of_ultron.png

I was gonna get round to doing these ones too, are you using Gimp also?  If you don't mind sharing that would be great!!

Could be your server version why it's not showing up.  What version are you running.  I have the release set to 4.6.1.0 (latest) as that is what i have tested it on.

Look like you will have to uninstall cinema intros until i can get the CinemaIntros conflict resolved with the Admins here.

Cheers

Awkwardphoton
1 minute ago, Cheesegeezer said:

I was gonna get round to doing these ones too, are you using Gimp also?  If you don't mind sharing that would be great!!

Could be your server version why it's not showing up.  What version are you running.  I have the release set to 4.6.1.0 (latest) as that is what i have tested it on.

Yes mine is done in gimp as well, I'd be more than happy to send my project over to you with all the fonts you'll need. Give me a little time to get it ready.

I'm still on 4.6.0.50, that's probably where I'm going wrong. I'll get around to updating sooner or later. Cheers!

Cheesegeezer
2 minutes ago, Awkwardphoton said:

Yes mine is done in gimp as well, I'd be more than happy to send my project over to you with all the fonts you'll need. Give me a little time to get it ready.

I'm still on 4.6.0.50, that's probably where I'm going wrong. I'll get around to updating sooner or later. Cheers!

I did also test on that version so i can revert it back and you should see it. Standby!! to Standby 

Cheesegeezer
4 minutes ago, Awkwardphoton said:

Try that

Awkwardphoton
2 hours ago, Cheesegeezer said:

Here's the link to my project files, you should have everything you need in there, if you need anything else from me, just give me a shout!

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/gxa5exvvk2hnthq/AADIx677s9omAoXaW5_z_1JMa?dl=0

Also, the plugin appears for me now, even though I haven't upgraded, so thanks for that. Can't wait to give your work a go.

Edited by Awkwardphoton
  • Like 1

Cheesegeezer
3 hours ago, Awkwardphoton said:

Here's the link to my project files, you should have everything you need in there, if you need anything else from me, just give me a shout!

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/gxa5exvvk2hnthq/AADIx677s9omAoXaW5_z_1JMa?dl=0

Also, the plugin appears for me now, even though I haven't upgraded, so thanks for that. Can't wait to give your work a go.

Look forward to what you think, don’t forget to unload Cinema Intros plugin. I have a lot of work to do here to make them compatible.